Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe (18237 Views)

Soldiers Shut Down Daily Trust Office In Borno, Arrest Journalists / Atiku, Obi, Fayose, Saraki, Other At The Opening Of pdp Campaign Office PH / Ademola Adeleke, PDP Campaign With Davido In Osun (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Kwanza: 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
The Police have arrested AIT correspondent in Gombe State, North-East Nigeria, Chika Udenkwo along with other journalists while covering demolition of the campaign office of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in the State.

Authorities of the Gombe State Government demolished the campaign office of the PDP Governorship candidate, Jibrin Barde in company of heavily armed policemen.

The armed policemen cordoned off the road leading to the PDP campaign office before bulldozers of the Gombe State Government carried out the demolition.

The State Government had earlier attempted to demolish the office building which was resisted by PDP supporters and resulted in a court case.

Journalists covering the demolition have been arrested by the police while carrying out their legitimate duties and taken to the Pantami Divisional Police Station in the state capital.

Police reportedly say AIT correspondent, Chika Udenkwo and the other arrested journalists will not be released until Gombe State Governor, Inuwa Yahaya gives such orders.
https://ait.live/breaking-police-arrest-ait-correspondent-in-gombe-state/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Truthisunique2: 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
North Sha too support themselves

Zulum came to distance himself from the locking of Kwanwaso office obviously he wasn't aware by his overzealous staffs

This one no sef na in-house issue between brothers fighting for state post, you go hardly hear say na atiku office Dem lock

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by taylor88(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
All these ones no really concern me as long as it’s not Peter Obi’s office make them burn am down

Plz federal government should look into price of olosho in Lagos

Can u imagine Ibiza girls at Apple junction Amuwo odofin now charges 40k for daybreak

Since 5 months now I never Fvck

If I cough or sneeze sperm go dey come out abegg make one babe help me

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by madridguy(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
Let wait for the Gombe State Government press statement because AIT been the PDP media house cannot be trusted.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by taylor88(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
The fact that Nigerians want to vote for Tinubu wey him penis no dey stand baffles me

I mean how can an impotent man rule over 250Million people

God Abeg instead of Tinubu go win make rapture come

33 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by aylive02(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
grin

That's a family feud between PDP and APC. Nothing concern me and OBI

26 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2022
On to what end

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by BluntCrazeMan: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2022
INEC SHOULD BE RELEASING THE FULL DETAILS OF ELECTIONS IMMEDIATELY AFTER EACH ELECTION.

Since Nigeria now operates the electronic transmission method, then, the INEC should be releasing all the full details of the Election Results, down to the Polling-Unit Results, Ward Results, and the LGA Results..
And they should transmit all the Accreditation details to the NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS for proper categorisation and demographic details of the election.

It is high-time we start demanding from INEC to be releasing and publishing the full details of the Election Results as they were transmitted electronically to “The Collation Support and Result Verification System” (CSRVS) on their website and/or Online Results Portal immediately the Outcome of the Elections are declared and final results called out.

Since we (the voters) are aware that the data contained inside the CSRVS are a highly secret information because they are there to be used in the process of the election, and because the results of the election are not yet declared publicly. So, we can patiently wait.
But immediately the Election-Results are publicly declared by the INEC, then it means that the INEC had run all their checks, and confirmed that the information contained inside the CSRVS are genuine figures, and that they had finished using those figures for the purpose of the elections, and thus, they have to publish the whole figures as contained in the CSRVS on the INEC’s website and/or Results Portal..
The most important question now becomes:
“Since the CSRVS is now functional and being actively used in the Elections,, why are they still using any form of MANUAL COLLATION again??”.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Chijeep(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2022
Back then before The APC era Nigeria were moving slowly but now in the hands of APC Nigeria have a very long way to go.
SAD cry

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Officialgarri: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2022
Such an evil party

56 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2022
Be
Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Obidient4life3: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2022
APC if you like demolish ASO Rock, you guys are done for good .

Obi-Datti is coming for the rescue!

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by dyera(m): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
APC is the personification of tyranny. How can you arrest people that didn't commit any crime and refuse to release them just because the governor told you to do so. In a sane country, these people would sue the police and get justice. But here APC has bastardise our judiciary system and render them slave to the executive.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by ATEAMS: 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
Freedom of speech
Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Hifeylove: 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
Funny stories everywhere?!! Wetin concern journalist with demolition again ooo...
Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by lomprico(m): 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
taylor88:
Why
Because it's a Shithole country!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by pinkygurl(f): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
Lawless dictator authoritarian state trying to silence and oppress the press going about legitimate duties. This is uncalled for, unconstitutional, archaic, shameful for a democratic civilised society and condemnable in all fronts.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Ppavvaf6: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
G

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by ArmaniUhuru: 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
These politicians opacity to transparency, political and governance accountability is becoming more worrisome.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Yxscamdaddy: 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
shocked

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by ogaontop(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2022
North wasn't known with this kind of bitter politics, quite pitiful!
Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by SIMONEKPA7: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
smiley
For those clamoring for state police, this is just tip of ice bag....black man is wired and created different from other race. Selfish

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by illuminutty: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
Terrible

Obi is the answer.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Gbeng30(m): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
taylor88:
The fact that Nigerians want to vote for Tinubu wey hom penis no dey stand baffles me

Amen to that

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Parachoko: 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2022
taylor88:
All these ones no really concern me as long as it’s not Peter Obi’s office make them burn am down

Plz federal government should look into price of olosho in Lagos

Can u imagine Ibiza girls at Apple junction Amuwo odofin now charges 40k for daybreak

Since 5 months now I never Fvck

If I cough or sneeze sperm go dey come out abegg make one babe help me
lies
Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Diligent1(f): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
taylor88:
The fact that Nigerians want to vote for Tinubu wey him penis no dey stand baffles me

You sound stupid

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by Announced3: 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
Crying
Re: Police Arrest Journalists Covering Demolition Of PDP Campaign Office In Gombe by iamme1234(m): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
taylor88:

He go shock una

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC, Tribunal Frustrating My Petitions – Olusola Eleka / Uyo Court Convicts Complainant For Misleading EFCC / Wike’s Allies Await Directive As PDP Flags Off Presidential Campaign Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.