Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Lessons I Learnt From Selling High Premium Products. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lessons I Learnt From Selling High Premium Products. (207 Views)

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons I Learnt From Selling High Premium Products. by Oyindamolah: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2022
(The numbering is not in order)

I sold a brand of high premium cookware for 5 years and built direct sales team in two locations in Lagos.
The prices ranged from USD$2,500 - USD$14,000 per set.
My clientele were mostly top 1% of Nigerians.

Here are lessons for anyone in sales.

1. UNDERSTAND SUBCONSCIOUSLY THAT THEY NEED YOU
If you're booking a demo or doing a sales presentation, always remember it is because they NEED you!
You're the solution provider.
They may be 100X your net worth or 2-3X your age BUT they need you.
Identify the problem they have, empathize with them... BUT remind them of what it has cost them in time, money, peace of mind, health.

2. FIND THE ICE BREAKER
So, you have intensively profiled the prospect. Now you'll be meeting for the first time.
The ice breaker is what you have in common that can be used to start a conversation in person.
Your challenge is to find it ASAP if you haven't.
Find facts about them from their referrer or online.
There was a scenario where I knew nothing about the prospect.
On getting into his lavish home, I saw his framed ManUtd jersey.
BOOM!
Guess what my ice-breaker was!

3. BE COOL
Humans can smell desperation.
Better to be confident and laid back than to be overly excited.
Never beg for a sale... no matter how much you need it!
People don't like being around desperate people.
Be the ultimate professional, control yourself.
The easiest way I overcame this was via visualization.
Imagine closing a huge sale in your mind like it's the norm.
When it happens in real life, it'll be no big deal.

4. BE EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT
Yeah, it's good to be in a positive mental state before a sales meeting, but use your head.
Observe the prospect. Then respond.
You will lose sales if your energy - positive or not - pushes people away.
If the prospect is not in a good mood, that's not the time for a sales conversation. Offer to reschedule. It pays!

5. KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ARE BUYING... IN THE RIGHT ORDER.
People buy you FIRST.
Everyone that bought those cookware from me bought ME first.From the first phone call, they felt I was one they can invest their time with.
Then they bought the solution...and the product that came with it. Be likeable.
Genuinely care for the prospect. Be real.

6. NOT EVERY DEAL IS WORTH CLOSING
If your prospect is disrespectful on a sales call or demo, fire them politely and professionally. Even if this is your first sale, the money is NOT worth the trouble waiting ahead.

7. IDENTIFY YOUR PROSPECT'S PERSONALITY
This will help you better help them.
Study their body language, tone of voice, communication pattern.
Different personalities need different sales approaches.
I hope is was valuable. If it is, follow me for more!

(1) (Reply)

EXCURSION: Students From Caleb University, Lagos Visit The Home To Luxury Living / ••• CONDEMNED OIL ••• / Make Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.