Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,078 members, 7,953,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:41 PM

Infected With Eczema: Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Infected With Eczema: Help (24738 Views)

Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infected With Eczema: Help by randa(m): 11:25am On Aug 17, 2007
just found patches of eczema on ma buttocks and back while iwas taking my birth, this is unusual even though when i was serving about seven years ago, i did get infected, now seven years on its back, i have beign using medicated soaps for about five years, and just now it all appears, while i think i know where i got it, what can i do and what treatment is best, my younger cousin who stays with me came into my house with it, he does my laundry, and the dishes while i cook the meals, so i suppose i got it from there, how do i help him, tablets? injections or creams, the how can i tackle mine cos mine is on the light side while i checked him and its kinda horrible how much areas are covered, i cant send him back to my aunt, so pls i do need a dermatologist to help out
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by nana(f): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2007
Why not go to the hospital for proper consultation?
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by tunmininu(f): 11:08am On Aug 24, 2007
Why don't u try SIVODERM CREAM,then u can rub the affected part with BIOCOTCEN CREAM, It reaaly works,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by Mutee: 2:11am On Aug 28, 2007
tunmininu:

Why don't u try SIVODERM CREAM,then u can rub the affected part with BIOCOTCEN CREAM, It reaaly works,

while you use any of the creams, take fulcin tablets and avoid using different body creams and bathing soaps it could be the cause. Just stick to a particular.
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by yimiton(f): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2007
Sulphur oitment is very good for the treatment of eczima. Get any oitment that has a high concentration of sulphur, alternatively, buy the raw one from yoruba sellers and blend to smooth powder, mix with kero and use at night after bath. It doesn't smell nice and I think it's pretty harsh, but works like magic.

We once had a maid that came to the house with it and we attacked it so fast, it wasn't transfered to anyone in the house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by kunle75(m): 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2007
i suggest you try any of this swissgarde products and feed me back on their effectiveness,( omega plus & skin protector ),cos they work directly from the inside.and incase u need to get them i can be of help u can call me on this mail add kunle_oshin@yahoo.com
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by Ivvie: 6:14pm On Sep 03, 2007
You cannot cure eczema on the extreme alone. You'll have to resort to treatment both within and without. Curing from without will cause it to show up at a later time and and resistant to the same level of treatment.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by Ivvie: 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2007
To get rid of eczema, it's a two phase method.  Inner then outer.  The same applies to acne.  Treating it from the outer only causes it to hibernate, thus resurfacing a few years later and this time fiercer. 

Doctors make a lot of money on this in the US and they claim it has no cure.  Well, they lie!  I used grisolvin and Baycuten and it's no more (it's more than 15 years).  It's fungus to the blood and corrupts the blood system.  You need to rid yourself off it. 

You are simply wasting your time if you don't approach it within and without.

1 Like

Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by Rlst84sale(m): 6:41pm On May 19, 2008
Why r u guys suggesting medication to the guy while you have not diagnosed him for the cause of his infection?. I think the proper thing to do first is to cleanse your system then be on raw and organic foods. Or secondly, go to the hospital let them diagnose you and get prescription. While I don't personally use medication, but for those who don't know much about healthy foods or looking for quick fix I think you should do it the right way if you choose to go medication route.
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by bollingjoe(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2008
Acute eczema may be as a result of an underlyin problem such as hypoglycaemia .u could use all manner of medication without any relief. If u wnt 2 knw if u hv it go 4 a fasting blood sugar test if ur blood sugar is low then u re hypoglyceamic then u need to manage it by eatin small meals ie like eatin 6-8 times daily,eat more protein,avoid refined food.pls note wen goin 4 d test u must take d test in the morning on an empty stomach.hypoglyceamia cannot be treat but managed. Now to the eczema u can use dalmatol ointment .just make sure u rub at least twice daily .as most sulphur ointment it smells. I hope dis helps .stay healthy ppl. If u hv questions pls send it 2 my email box.

1 Like

Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by reindeer: 11:00pm On May 28, 2008
I am assuming what you are talking about is actually ptyriasis versicolor, this is what most people call eczema,whereas eczema is a group of inflammatory lesions on the skin.
Its an annoying but very easily treated condition, its main problem is the perception by the public that you are a dirty person, but this isnt so,its more common in oily skin types and such people usually have dandruff(some sort of seborrheic dermatitis).
If its what im thinking then there wouldnt be any other symptom apart from the lighter shade skin spots and patches that you may have(i.e no itching etc)
treatment is very good with sulphur, also one of the most potent treatment is for you to get Selenium sulphide shampoo(SELSUN) and apply allover affected parts for abou 10mins before having your bath each day, this will have to be done for at least four weeks(this is the average turnover time for new skin), failure to do this will give recurrence, if you do this well then theres no need for oral drugs.

when all is said and done, theres no better thing than to see your doctor who'll make spot diagnosis at times and give you the best care
cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by ifyalways(f): 12:33pm On May 29, 2008
dee02:

rub a dead agama lizard over the affected part and you would see positive changes

or get a male frog and chew the skin

goodluck
lmao
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by stnonymus(m): 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2008
Ezcema is a fungal infection and often requires more than topical treatment like creams and disinfectants because the source of the infection could be from within.So i would also suggest some oral treatment.Since i am not really a fan of traditional drugs ,I would like recommend two Food supplements from Swissgarde (a South African Health company).One is Omega Plus and the other is Immune Booster .These are NAFDAC approved.The Omega oils and Ecinachea have been known to deal effectively with inflammation of the skin(which is what eczema is) and these two are contained in the two supplements i mentioned. You can do a search on the internet to confirm this.

To get the supplements check out this site link: http://www./ourproducts.htm

Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by stnonymus(m): 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2008
Ezcema is a fungal infection and often requires more than  topical treatment like creams and disinfectants because the source of the infection could be from within.So i would also suggest some oral treatment.Since i am not really a fan of traditional drugs ,I would like recommend two Food supplements from Swissgarde (a South African Health company).One is Omega Plus and the other is Immune Booster .These are NAFDAC approved.The Omega oils and Ecinachea have been known to deal effectively with inflammation of the skin(which is what eczema is) and these two are contained in the two supplements i mentioned. You can do a search on the internet to confirm this.

To get the supplements check out this site link: /p11htG-E

Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by fsb(m): 1:51am On Jun 07, 2008
Hey Randa,

Most people confuse eczema and another skin condition, pityriasis versicolor. A causative infecton cannot really be found for eczema however a fungal infection causes pityriasis versicolor. You'll need to consult with a dermatologist to actually tell whethe its eczema or pityriasis versicolor you have, For the latter, the standard treatment is:

- Tabs Ketoconazole 200mg (1 tablet is 200mg and is taken once daily) for 10 days
- Clotrimazole containing cream (such as Sabresten) rubbed over and around affected area (twice daily - morning and night) for 4 weeks
- Nizoral shampoo used 2ce weekly for 2 months, and then 1ce a week for 6 months. (Wash your entire body and leave lather on for 10mins. Wash off). The extended treatment with the shampoo is due to the high risk of recurrence with pityriasis,

I hope that helps,

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by TCUBE(m): 4:09am On Jun 07, 2008
towels towels towels, 4 towels !!!!!!, am guessing u use on single towel
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by stnonymus(m): 6:04am On Jun 12, 2008
Hello Azubuike i didn't get your email address.You can add your email to the comment part of the order page or call 084-745332 for direct orders.
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by mathdgreat: 4:14pm On Apr 02, 2010
Hi Ivvie,

pls can u give me details on those items u mentioned as good cure for eczema (grisolvin and Baycuten)? pls also specify where u think i can get them. i really need to get stuffs like that!

pls reply me. you can also send me ur email. i wont mind calling u as well if u can send me ur phone number. mine is 08036472392 and email: kingskidsint@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Mathew
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by reindeer: 12:42am On Apr 03, 2011
people really need to google the word ''eczema'' to know what to treat, i'm quite surprised at the responses here.
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by vincent10(m): 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2011
I will advice you to use drugs that can purify the blood such as ferrous or fargon or chemiron this will take care of the blood and functba A for external. It works
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by vincent10(m): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2011
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by aribisala0(m): 9:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
ECZEMA if that is what it is. is NOT an infection
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by aribisala0(m): 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2011
http://www.skinsight.com/adult/tineaVersicolor.htm
on the other hand this might be useful
Re: Infected With Eczema: Help by Gigihealth: 12:50am On Jun 29, 2016
eczema treatments are nothing to be embarrassed about. Most causes of eczema are genetic. Click on the link below to read more about the treatments of eczema and more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/eczema-treatments-how-to-get-rid-of-eczema/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aso Rock Clinic DOES NOT Have Paracetamol Or Cotton Wool - TheCable / Man Dies In LUTH As Staff Couldn't Find Person With Key To Oxygen Room / Lagos Launches Floating Clinic Boat For Emergency, Medical Outreach Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.