Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Inspirational Books, Do They Change Who We Really Are? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Inspirational Books, Do They Change Who We Really Are? (743 Views)

See The New Photos Boko Haram Released Of Themselves As They Change Name L / Motivational/inspirational Books You Need To Change Your Life / Does Your Birth Month Determines Who You Really Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inspirational Books, Do They Change Who We Really Are? by obiscolly(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2011
Please i'll like to hear our views on this topic. I've read a couple of inspirational book in the past, though i must say they really did raise my spirit and inspired me for that time being.But after a few days of reading them, i come to find out that the passion is gone. Hardly do i even apply those principles that i read in the book.

It is worthy of note that most of these books are not written by our home-based authors. The information they portray most times is a reflection of the society in which they live, hence can't be applied in societies like ours.

I can count the number of them i've read and most time i don't even finish them cos i feel they're not really adding anything important to my personality. I think they should rather be read for leisure.
Re: Inspirational Books, Do They Change Who We Really Are? by obowunmi(m): 10:24am On Aug 09, 2011
People write books to make money. Books give knowledge and that's about it.
Re: Inspirational Books, Do They Change Who We Really Are? by obiscolly(m): 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2011
I know books give knowledge in general, but i'm talking about inspirational books in particular. Do they really change our person for good (not temporarily)
Re: Inspirational Books, Do They Change Who We Really Are? by obowunmi(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2011
No I don't believe so, unless the person really wants to change.
Re: Inspirational Books, Do They Change Who We Really Are? by donjon: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2011
No, it doesnt! It is only good as a template for formulating your own idea
Re: Inspirational Books, Do They Change Who We Really Are? by Jasiel(f): 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2011
Its easy to read an inspirational book and get an emotional high for the moment. The reason is because the author appeals to the emotions of the reader. Look @ robert schuller, the author of 'tough times never last but tough people do. he built an all glass church on a technique called 'possibility thinking'. He dedicated the church debt free(allegedly), only for the church to file for bankruptcy recently. AS at the time I read it, I was completely deflated cos I had just started readin another of his books. My advise is to be who u are and be comfortable with that fact. Believe u can be better and make sure there is no interest in ur life to which christ is not brought.

(1) (Reply)

Dead Babies Used To Make Stamina Enhancing Pills In China / Bomb Detonated Some Metres Close To Rsust Backgate / Fbi Will Shutdown The Internet On March 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.