Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

US IMMIGRANT Visa(spousal Visa) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US IMMIGRANT Visa(spousal Visa) (612 Views)

She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US IMMIGRANT Visa(spousal Visa) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello everyone...

I am posting this so that anyone in same process can learn.
FASTWARD: "Ive been approved for IR1 visa and my appointment date is october first week"

QUESTION: "Please anyone who has successfully gone through this process should kindly share with me and others what to expect during the interview and also if there are other supporting documents we can bring aside from the ones listed on US embassy website.

BACKSTORY TO HELP OTHERS:

My name is Idris, i and my wife got married on 23rd January, 2020. On feb, ending she filed my petition. Took about a year for approval and then got forwarded to NVC. Between the ban on Nigerians by Trump and other personal mistakes we made submitting some documents; our case got documentarily qualified with the NVC by December 2021. Due to backlog of cases we didnt get o hear from NVC and each time we called, they said the embassy isnt processing visa's for immigrant at that point. This went on for months and they even stopped answering calls. On July, we filed for expedition of my case and it got denied. On August 5th, we filed for another expedition and it got approved. NVC said they will ask the embassy and after 2 days, they sent us congrats email that embassy has approved my case for expedition. That means; i get to move forward from NVC and their long queues. 3 days after NVC sent message talking about my approval, US embassy sends me an email telling me to create an account with ustravel etc and that i shouldgo ahead and book appointment myself online..NoTE: "nvc typically books but mine was expedited" thus the reason. Since we already have an account with US TRAVEL, i just logged in and unfortunately, they said no appointment available. Luckily, after a week or so, i finally saw 2 dates- one for octtober and another for november. I picked October. and thats my current stage.

have similar or different experience? do share so others can learn and feel free to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: US IMMIGRANT Visa(spousal Visa) by jessygold: 7:31am On Dec 27, 2022
[Please on what grounds did you expedite?]Hello everyone...

I am posting this so that anyone in same process can learn.
FASTWARD: "Ive been approved for IR1 visa and my appointment date is october first week"

QUESTION: "Please anyone who has successfully gone through this process should kindly share with me and others what to expect during the interview and also if there are other supporting documents we can bring aside from the ones listed on US embassy website.

BACKSTORY TO HELP OTHERS:

My name is Idris, i and my wife got married on 23rd January, 2020. On feb, ending she filed my petition. Took about a year for approval and then got forwarded to NVC. Between the ban on Nigerians by Trump and other personal mistakes we made submitting some documents; our case got documentarily qualified with the NVC by December 2021. Due to backlog of cases we didnt get o hear from NVC and each time we called, they said the embassy isnt processing visa's for immigrant at that point. This went on for months and they even stopped answering calls. On July, we filed for expedition of my case and it got denied. On August 5th, we filed for another expedition and it got approved. NVC said they will ask the embassy and after 2 days, they sent us congrats email that embassy has approved my case for expedition. That means; i get to move forward from NVC and their long queues. 3 days after NVC sent message talking about my approval, US embassy sends me an email telling me to create an account with ustravel etc and that i shouldgo ahead and book appointment myself online..NoTE: "nvc typically books but mine was expedited" thus the reason. Since we already have an account with US TRAVEL, i just logged in and unfortunately, they said no appointment available. Luckily, after a week or so, i finally saw 2 dates- one for octtober and another for november. I picked October. and thats my current stage.

have similar or different experience? do share so others can learn and feel free to ask questions.

[/quote]
Re: US IMMIGRANT Visa(spousal Visa) by Spanishmilf(m): 8:07am On Dec 27, 2022
Op don japa deactivate acct grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

People That Are Advice To Japa Iii / Can I Meet A Nigeria / Ghanian Estate Agent/broker Based In Accra Ghana / Dv Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.