Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,232 members, 7,867,599 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi (432 Views)

Travel Ban On 50 High-profile Nigerians Illegal, Repressive - SERAP To Buhari / PDP Rejects Travel Ban On 50 High-profile Nigerians / Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2022
Publicly Name ‘High-Profile’ Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram Terrorists’ Financiers, Peter Obi Tells Buhari Government

August 31, 2022
NEWS
Obi noted many highly placed Nigerians have also been linked to financing insurgency and Boko Haram.

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party for the 2023 general elections, Peter Obi has challenged the Nigerian Government to publicly name highly placed leaders involved in crude oil theft in the country.

The former Anambra State Governor on Wednesday on his verified Twitter page said he was struck by the news report linking top Nigerians to oil theft.

Obi noted many highly placed Nigerians have also been linked to financing insurgency and Boko Haram, adding that he wonders when the government will summon the political will to publicly name such persons.

Obi, who said that in the national interest, there should be no sacred cow, wrote, "I am struck and intrigued by the news report linking ‘highly placed’ Nigerians to oil theft. Same has been the case with financing insurgency and Boko Haram. When will FGN summon the political will to publicly name such persons?

"In the National Interest, there should be no sacred cows."

For More On This Story...

Obi noted many highly placed Nigerians have also been linked to financing insurgency and Boko Haram.
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by pitobimandat: 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
This ppl ehn
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Aniluvreal: 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
shocked

One of the core sponsor of Bokoharam up north is what APC is parading as their vice president come 2023. But they're so delusional as such cannot happen. Foolish things.

4 Likes

Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Moh247: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2022
cool

I like that... Peter Obi is going to sink PDP by fire by thunder

Please let us know who has been recruiting people into NNPC since 1999 to 2015 without making any anoicement fixing PDP goons till they turned Directors

Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by jumper524(m): 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jonathan was there, he couldnt.
I laugh when people think bandits and bokoharam is politics.
Yes any crises whether good or bad is always an avenue for politician to politicize. But I kid you not, bokoharam is on another level.
It has international bodies and internal compromise.
It's way too complicated to fully crack.
Not the president, nor the DSS fully understands its structure, one can only try and hope for luck.
It's an idea a bad one at that.
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by jlinkd78(m): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
Obi showing d essence in his name Peter "Okwute" that he is fearless and his rescue mission a courageous one

1 Like

Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2022
Moh247:

Why can't the ruling party help themselves, destroy PDP since PDP is responsible ...

Criminal and terrorism party APC..

Atiku is coming

1 Like

Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by jumper524(m): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
Aniluvreal:
shocked

One of the core sponsor of Bokoharam up north is what APC is parading as their vice president come 2023. But they're so delusional as such cannot happen. Foolish things.
you've been a member here since 2014. If you still think politics like those who just read operamini news then it's a shame.
If shettima was their sponsor, why couldn't Jonathan crack them down?
You ask yourself for what reason would shettima sponsor a group to kill its people?
For financial or political gain cos last time I checked its a liability on its part.
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
jumper524:
Jonathan was there, he couldnt.
I laugh when people think bandits and bokoharam is politics.
Yes any crises whether good or bad is always an avenue for politician to politicize. But I kid you not, bokoharam is on another level.
It has international bodies and internal compromise.
It's way too complicated to fully crack.
Not the president, nor the DSS fully understands its structure, one can only try and hope for luck.
It's an idea a bad one at that.

Even alqaeda and the taliban, has known structure, even THE US KKK structure is known..

Theres nothing about bokohqram, not even that lucrative to have so much international collaborations, bokohqram is mostly local
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Moh247: 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
Thinkam:

Why can't the ruling party help themselves, destroy PDP since PDP is responsible ...

Criminal and terrorism party APC..

Atiku is coming

You want Western power that controls Nigerian crude oil to poison Buhari like Abacha, Abiola, and Yar'Adua?! Buhari already dodged the bullet with Queen Elizabeth, Arch Bishop of UK and David Cameron

Even Jonathan was chased out

Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by slivertongue: 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
They are members of the ruling class.
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2022
Moh247:

You want Western power that controls Nigerian crude oil to poison Buhari like Abacha, Abiola, and Yar'Adua?! Buhari already dodged the bullet with Queen Elizabeth, Arch Bishop of UK and David Cameron

Black man blaming others, who are the fellow Nigerians these so called foreign people will use, name and shame them..

There's no excuse for allowing terrorism to continue especially when we can't afford it, the US pulled out because they can't afford to fighting terror anymore, no financial gain.
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Nonexisting1: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Please let us know who have been recruiting people into NNPC since 1999 to 2015 without making any anoicement fixing PDP goons till they turned Directors

We are not here for blame game. You said you would fix the country, we gave you the chance so no excuses. Publicly name the criminals that steal our oil and sponsor insurgency and stop referring us to PDP that we sacked and hired you. Sorry my question is for real APC people, not zonebs that collect 30k stipend to defend them online so don't bother quoting me to explain.
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Moh247: 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2022
Thinkam:

Black man blaming others, who are the fellow Nigerians these so called foreign people will use, name and shame them..

There's no excuse for allowing terrorism to continue especially when we can't afford it, the US pulled out because they can't afford to fighting terror anymore, no financial gain.

Oya Peter Obi should help us name them.. he was an economic special adviser to Goodluck Jonathan he knows who and who, he was also member of the National Economic Council as an 8 years Governor

Please head to Twitter and ask Obi to call names
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Moh247: 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
Nonexisting1:
We are not here for blame game. You said you would fix the country, we gave you the chance so no excuses. Publicly name the criminals that steal our oil and sponsor insurgency and stop referring us to PDP that we sacked and hired you. Sorry my question is for real APC people, not zonebs that collect 30k stipend to defend them online so don't bother quoting me to explain.

Am I more Nigerian than you?? Is Obi not also part and parcel of the system and Government

Abeg let him cast the first stone and name the culprits
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
Moh247:

Oya Peter Obi should help us name them.. he was an economic special adviser to Goodluck Jonathan he knows who and who, he was also member of the National Economic Council as an 8 years Governor

Are you joking was he present ever in any security briefing, was he a member of the national security council?

I support Atiku, but be realistic when making statements..
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Moh247: 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
Thinkam:

Are you joking was he present ever in any security briefing, was he a member of the national security council?

I support Atiku, but be realistic when making statements..

All state Governors in Nigeria are part of all Council of State meetings in Nigeria and Obi was part of that for 8 years he should tell us what he said he knows
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by DWickedLandLord: 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2022
Moh247:

Guy you're useless. Why waste data to say rubbish
Re: Publicly Name High-profile Nigerians Behind Crude Oil Theft, Boko Haram - Obi by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
Moh247:

All state Governors in Nigeria are part of all Council of State meetings in Nigeria and Obi was part of that for 8 years he should tell us what he said he knows

I said national security council, there's a difference, read it up.

even if you are right(which you are not) , we should also ask Tinubu, he took must have participated in those meetings during his time, maybe he knows those who funded bokohqram during those early years.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

There Will Be Consequences For Voting Against Old Politicians In 2023 - Charly B / Tinubu: No Need To Hurl Insults At Rival Parties, We Are Smarter / Nigerians Dig Out Video Of Dino Melaye Strongly Resisting The PDP Then In APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.