Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,599 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million (15035 Views)

BREAKING : Antony: Manchester United Agree To Sign Ajax Winger For £81.3m / Rivers United Sign Afelokhai And Anaemena From Enyimba / OFFICIAL: Manchester United Sign Aaron Wan-bissaka From Crystal Palace For £50m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by ogbiwa: 11:47am On Sep 01, 2022
Manchester United have signed Brazil winger Antony from Ajax for an initial fee of 95m euros (£82m).

The deal, which includes a potential 5m euros (£4.3m) of add-ons, is the fourth most expensive signing in Premier League history.

The 22-year-old has signed a contract until 2027, with the option of an additional year.

"This is an incredible moment in my career to join one of the most iconic clubs in the world," said Antony.

"I'm thankful to everyone who has believed in me, especially my family, and all my coaches and team-mates, because I could not have got here without them.

"Playing under Erik ten Hag at Ajax was perfect for me and my development. His style of football and coaching brings out the best in me, and I am excited by what he has told me about his plans and ambitions in Manchester."

Antony scored 24 goals and provided 22 assists in 82 appearances for Ajax. He joined the Dutch champions from Sao Paulo in 2020 and played under Ten Hag.

He netted seven goals in 11 Champions League appearances for Ajax and scored twice in nine appearances for Brazil since making his debut in October 2021.

Manchester United's record transfer fee is £89m, which they paid out to sign Paul Pogba from Juventus in August 2016.

The attacker becomes United's fifth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of his former Ajax team-mate and defender Lisandro Martinez, midfielder Casemiro from Real Madrid, full-back Tyrell Malacia from Feyenoord and playmaker Christian Eriksen on a free transfer.

United have spent more than £210m in this transfer window to back new boss Ten Hag, while several players such as Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Edinson Cavani and Andreas Pereira have left.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62748772

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by ArchiLimited: 11:47am On Sep 01, 2022
Man Utd signing Antony for 82m tells you all that has gone wrong with the football transfer market.

If you have an upcoming building project or want to modernize an existing one, contact me for top class Architectural designs and construction, and in good faith, we'll first design a sample plan for your project for FREE.
Contact is in my signature below

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by wunmi590(m): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2022

I see united going back to the winning ways and I see Ronaldo staying put to continue to contribute to the success of the team....

Nice signing from Man U

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by VOsimhen144(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2022
If you like sign Angel Michael and Angel Gabriel.. Man united go still dey collect woto woto

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by Sitwalkstand: 11:52am On Sep 01, 2022
I for be baller oo.

In my generation, if you play ball and your parents find out, you go collect.

Those days after playing, you must not return with dusty legs.

You wash properly, come home and behave.

Any injury, find better lie tell because if they find out its football, you go collect on top.

Na so that dream died.

If your parents discouraged you from playing football as a child gather here

117 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by Atarakpa: 11:52am On Sep 01, 2022
Ajax is real cashing out this period. Man u shld let Renaldo to leave.....
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by oz4real83(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2022
82m pounds shocked. Just imagine what the likes of Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo Nazario, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Rivaldo, Luis Figo, Thierry Henry and many other olden days players would have cost in the modern transfer market if many average players cost transfer fees beyond imagination shocked. This player had about 6 assists and just 4 goals last season shocked shocked

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by fasho01(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2022
This is no longer news. I'm not really excited about the signing but I remain optimistic nonetheless. GGMU

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by arejibadz(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2022
Baller, league this season is between united and arsenal but man united wins

12 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2022
dis Erik Tent Hag abi na Ten Hagg of a coach, he go pack him whole village ppl enter man UTD oo!
Wen he deal wit dem finish chop all their money, he go pack em village ppl back 2 Ajax.
grin

I might be wrong tho, buh mek we Siddon dey look!
cool

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by Kyase(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2022
ArchiLimited:
Man Utd signing Antony for 82m (as well as signing Maguire for 80m) tells you all that has gone wrong with the football transfer market.
Na your money ehn
Chelsea wey go sign Cinderella for 75million unko
Or you want make we mention that sweat machine on loan
Liverpool wey go sign 100millon headbutt champion unko
Abi make i mention 100 million grealish warming the bench at city
Na United transfer people Dey blab about every time
We the fans no complain apart from that Maguire own
So leave us alone

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by RexTramadol1: 11:53am On Sep 01, 2022
His interview transcript was top notch

I hope that fire in him won’t be quenched by badbelle rival teams.

Dude has been through a lot like other Brazilian players, it takes much to scoop flood water from your room, go nights without food and have a family feeling hopeless

But the biggest take home for me was saying his brother is his idol ( even if he’s the star and the brother is just supposed to be his yes man), dude categorically stated that everything he enjoys, his brother will enjoy too (of course except the honeypot he tastes) cos they both went through every pain together.

Be like Antony, don’t despise the days of humble beginnings and don’t sly your kinsman cos you made it.

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by slawomir: 11:53am On Sep 01, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Congratulations to Ngonzi united

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by Camonickki(m): 11:54am On Sep 01, 2022
Wow so no more osimhen

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by MorataFC: 11:55am On Sep 01, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by adioolayi(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2022
He is looking for a Dembelelike player ...£82M !!! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by Badguy77(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2022
They still will no play in the champions League... tongue
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by MorataFC: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2022
arejibadz:
Baller, league this season is between united and arsenal but man united wins
wake up bro
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by Risingblue008(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2022
X
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by anambraamaka: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2022
Congrats, top signing
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by drips8(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2022
I've seen his interview, looks very excited and motivated to play for Man Utd. Rooting for him

GGMU

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by DanieleLorenzo: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2022
My own be say no come dance that your Timmy Turner for England make them Mings, van Dijk and co no break your leg. cool

4 Likes

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by treesun: 11:57am On Sep 01, 2022
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by Passionnn: 11:58am On Sep 01, 2022
Welcome to old Trafford
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by astute28: 11:58am On Sep 01, 2022
Good signing let see how it goes
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by ipobarecriminals: 11:59am On Sep 01, 2022
cool
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by Sirlins(m): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2022
This league is between Arsenal and Manchester United grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by money121(m): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Manchester United Sign Ajax Winger Antony For £82 Million by Adakintroy: 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
A beg the guy try but na just hype. I din see him highlights nothing to shout about. Hopes he prove me wrong. But I don tire for press
Price tag as standard valuation for quality.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

West Ham Reject Man City's £90m Bid For Arsenal Target Declan Rice / Kelechi Iheanacho Signs Contract To Keep Him At Leicester City Until 2024 / Messi, Inter Miami CF 1-2 Houston Dynamo: Miami Lost US Open Cup Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.