Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:44 AM

Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi (544 Views)

How Qatar Dumped Tinubu In The Museum / APC Supporter Dies During Convention / Edo 2020: DSS Arrests APC Supporter For Vote-Buying In Edo (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by Newton2024: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
Legit.ng

One of the die-hard supporters of Peter Obi in Kwara state went viral on social media recently for his activities.

Umar Bashir Sola, popularly known as Sola Kafinta in the north-central state, has been using his personal resources to support Obi. Speaking to Legit.ng, he revealed what prompted him to begin campaigns for Obi and the Labour Party in the state.

Illorin - Umar Bashir Sola, a former die-hard supporter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has revealed why he switched from supporting the presidential candidate of the ruling party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to Peter Obi of Labour Party.

In a exclusive interview with Legit.ng, Sola who is popularly known as Sola Kafinta in his home state of Kwara, said he was swayed by Obi's practical solutions to Nigeria's challenges.

Sola Kafinta became popular on social media after he bought a megaphone to promote Obi's candidacy. Photo credit: @SolaKafinta
His words:

“I used to be a die-hard supporter of Tinubu. Infact, I have been propagating and flying the flag of the APC before now. But in August, when I was surfing the internet, I was on YouTube and started seeing videos of Peter Obi during his TV interviews.

“The way he spoke about how he has ruled Anambra state and what he intend to do in Nigeria, especially to cut the cost of governance, I made a U-turn because I realised he is making sense than Tinubu who is saying 'Emilokan' without giving us reasons why it is his turn.”

On how the response has been so far since he started supporting Labour Party publicly, the 34-year old entertainer said people have been receptive.

His words:

“The response has been positive. As far as I am concerned, personally, I have won over 1,000 people who are now supporting Labour Party and Peter Obi and I am still pushing.

“I still have some materials and souvenirs to distribute for mobilisation and grassroots campaigns and I know that I will still be able to gain more grounds and win more converts to our side.

“Also, people are calling from different local government areas in the state for me to come to their domain because Labour Party is lagging behind. So it needs my attention, and I am not relenting.”

Asked if he has met with key with Labour Party leaders in Kwara, Sola Kafinta who is from Illorin South local government area of the state said:

“I was at the Labour House recently. I followed the governorship aspirant to the place and I also made sure that I included his picture in the next batch of t-shirts I printed because the goal is to support all Labour Party candidates and not only Peter Obi.”

Man raises money from Facebook followers, buys megaphone to campaign for Peter Obi.

Legit.ng had earlier reported on how Sola Kafinta used his money to buy mobile speaker and microphone in order to campaign for the Labour Party presidential candidate.

He said the device will be used to campaign for Obi in Kwara especially in public places across the state.

He also revealed that he raised some part of the money through his Facebook friends.

Man who benefitted from Peter Obi's financial grant meets him in Rome
Meanwhile, Fr. Chidi Maduekwe, one of the beneficiaries who received N1 million from Obi when he was the governor of Anambra state met with the Labour Party presidential candidate recently at the Vatican city in Rome.

An excited Maduekwe reminded the former governor of his gesture, adding that the money changed his life then.

He also revealed that he invested the N1 million received into treasury bond at the time.

Source: https://www.legit.ng/politics/1489595-ex-apc-supporter-sola-kafinta-reveals-dumped-tinubu-peter-obi/

2 Likes

Re: Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by Jones4190(m): 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
Peter Obi wants to be president of Nigeria but, he cannot hold Nigerian flag and sing our National Anthem in Anambra, his home state on a monday. Wat a deceit! Good evening to only the patriotic Nigerians
Re: Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by onez: 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2022
More grease brother. Obi is a tsunami.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by DadaHammed: 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
Nice one Sola. Omoluabi ni o!

3 Likes

Re: Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by toneroforever(m): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
Patriot u r. May God grant us all ur heart desire come Feb '23.

Vote wisely
Vote Peter Obi

4 Likes

Re: Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by 10mobile: 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jones4190:
Peter Obi wants to be president of Nigeria but, he cannot hold Nigerian flag and sing our National Anthem in Anambra, his home state on a monday. Wat a deceit! Good evening to only the patriotic Nigerians

This is a stale point. The insecurity in the South-East was caused by Buhari by killing unarmed protesters again and again. Peter Obi left governance almost 10 years ago. He doesn't control any security apparatus. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
The foolish and stupid Tinubu supporters will call Sola Ipob or Igbo now

Useless and foolish slaves of a drug peddling bastard jagabandit

2 Likes

Re: Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria Insha Allah

3 Likes

Re: Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by Seefinish: 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
IPOB is spreading faster in Yoruba"s Land than Emi Lokan. Very soon those shouting IPOB upandan shall be Obidient
NaijaRoyalty:
The foolish and stupid Tinubu supporters will call Sola Ipob or Igbo now

Useless and foolish slaves of a drug peddling bastard jagabandit

1 Like

Re: Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by gasparpisciotta: 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2022
What practical solutions has Obi proffered to the state of the Nation?

What does Obi do as privileged rich business man?

He is an importer but does not see any reason in starting a production company that employs people?
He created the NEXT supermarket chain that pays graduate peanuts in salaries.

He invested his state money in a family business.
What has this company paid back to that society, except to get them drunk.....

Atiku is even better than him, at least he has standard University that employs people and mold lives in form of education
Re: Ex-APC Supporter, Sola Kafinta Reveals Why He Dumped Tinubu For Peter Obi by Newton2024: 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
What practical solutions has Obi proffered to the state of the Nation?

What does Obi do as privileged rich business man?

He is an importer but does not see any reason in starting a production company that employs people?
He created the NEXT supermarket chain that pays graduate peanuts in salaries.

He invested his state money in a family business.
What has this company paid back to that society, except to get them drunk.....

Atiku is even better than him, at least he has standard University that employs people and mold lives in form of education
Opinion: The Way Everybody Carry Obi For Mouth Ehn

One would assume that he is the incumbent president, every one is campaigning against him.

APC deployed their arsenal of propaganda against him, Pdp is always talking about him.

All the political parties have attacked him directly, not through their supporters oo but direct confrontation, yet he never raised his voice to attack any of his opponents and that makes me wonder why are they so much afraid of this man that they are ready to fight dirty against him.

Many articles have been written against him lately, but no strong proof if evidence has been presented by his attackers.

This is a man that was barely known in Nigeria national political space few months ago, except when he ran under Atiku as vice in 2019.

They said he doesn't have a national structure (of big men of the political underworld) but his answer is that ORDINARY NIGERIANS ARE HIS STRUCTURE, he so much trust in Nigeria and Nigerians that he believes that things will fall in place for the betterment of Nigeria when the time comes.

He has never in all his interviews asked electorates not to vote for his opponents but his message has always been " get your PVC and vote wisely".

Peter Obi is a typical example of a tsunami, it moves with force to the extent that everything in it's path revolves around it.

All the other political parties find their daily relevance only by talking about Peter Obi yet he never talks about them but his daily song is "I want to move Nigeria from consumption to production, I want Nigeria that NIGERIANS will be proud to call their home, I want to reverse our brain drain to brain achievements and recognition.

*Drops pen*

https://www.nairaland.com/7311214/opinion-way-everybody-carry-obi#116258368

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom New Smart Airport Terminal Building, Mro Facility, Nearing Completion / APC Governor: I Love What Peter Obi Is Doing, God Can Make Him President / You Lied On Why I Left APC. —saraki Blasts Tinubu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.