Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

Do You Think This Experience Was Enough For Me To Have A Change Of Heart Towards - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Think This Experience Was Enough For Me To Have A Change Of Heart Towards (146 Views)

NPOWER: Change Of PPA / Change Of State Of Origin On N Power Bio-data / Change Of Date Of Birth On National Identification (NIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think This Experience Was Enough For Me To Have A Change Of Heart Towards by IyaTola: 5:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
Sometimes back, I resumed at a new organization and the next day, I was actively “open to #work”. I was seriously #jobhunting

I hated myself for leaving my previous job even though the new salary was a whooping 50% increase.

Hold on!! Don’t judge me yet��no, I don’t like “jumping” from one job to the other but here are the things I experienced on the 1st day of work.

*****I got to the office by 5mins to 9 (#resumption time is 9am) and the gate was locked. I had to cross check the address and the name of the company. This was the first shock. Then I put a call through and the response was “they are on their way“

******I eventually got in 30 minutes later. I was with the office assistant till around 10:30am when the “most serious” staff walked in and was surprised that the company now has a #hr �

*****They had zero #onboardingprocess��‍♀️: To make matters worse, only the CEO was aware of my resumption. The other management team #team just got to know about the new #hire when they arrived around 2pm.

*****They did not need me: I overheard the COO talking to the CEO that they don’t need a hr for now, that they can’t afford to hire a new staff.

*****I did nothing throughout the day: They did not have any extra system for me to work. Mind you, I was offered the job over a month ago of which I initially declined.

*****I got to know that I joined a broke company. They have been borrowing money and selling properties to pay salaries. Why hire someone you can’t afford to pay, and make promises you can’t fulfill?

*****Apparently, there was no HMO plan, the work style was not hybrid as stated in the offer letter and they had no other thing to offer you asides #salary. Salary that is not “sure” yet.

*****towards the closing time, I had a meeting with the CEO and COO, and it was almost like they wanted to change my #jobtitle or put me on hold till further notice.
At the end of the day, I was able to convince them on why they need me in their organization. Deep down, I knew the conviction was just for a little while.�

I updated my CV the following day and 3 months down the line, I landed my next job and was very happy to tender my #resignation letter. I can’t share what I went through during those 3 months now. Maybe in the next post.

However, do you think this experience was enough for me to have a change of heart towards the organization? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Experienced Academic Paper Writer Needed In Abuja / Vacancy For Registered Nurse / Ebook Writer Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.