Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. (821 Views)

Photos Of "Obidients In Diaspora" Returning Home To Vote For Peter Obi / Convoy Of Obidients Heading To Teslim Balogun Stadium For LP Presidential Rally / Video Of Obidients Marching To Teslim Balogun Stadium For Peter Obi Mega Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:22pm On Sep 02, 2022
Sincinnati:
Stop lying!

FG did not withhold Lagos State allocations!

You Tininbu ass-lickers lie for a living, but it's high time Nigerians put an end to it.

There was no time the FGN withheld the allocations of Lagos State Government.

Bunch of shameless lying lots!

Just imagine this extreme liar.

Since southeasterns wants to make it like this..... We Western neutrals are going to give them bumper to bumper. But just not on social media. They're going to cry to the social media when they feel the heat.

I tell you. Quote me after elections Bola Tinubu is the incoming President of Nigeria!

I heard sarki saying nonsense. He should confess . He's simply a northern hegemonist without any day time job. What he bidded for in the APC, he couldn't achieve. Hence the frustration and the lies that led him to his nature the northern agenda just like Daniel Bwala.

Tinubu is out own.... We support him unflinchingly.

6 Likes

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
On Tinubu's mandate we stand.

Leadership and Tinubu’s excellent footprints in Lagos

BY BABAJIDE FADOJU

As far back as 1999, when what we have in Lagos today were only dreams in the minds of visionaries, Tinubu took over like that proverbial octopus with all its hands in all the jars, weaving Lagos state from pit to the palace it is today.

First was the gory sight of Lagos which was occasioned by pollution from different sectors of Lagos state at that time. And combating the imminent fear of an epidemic that obviously engulfed the state, the former governor separated the ministry of environment from the ministry of physical planning and repositioned it to combat flooding and coordinate waste management and disposal.

Of course, even the bible pointed out that when men of vision lead, the people rejoice. This was Tinubu’s greatest strength as he toes the path of exemplary administration through his many leadership qualities.

First was a free health policy for children below 18 and adults above 65 years that the Tinubu administration introduced, knowing the importance of healthcare delivery to building a healthy society.

The drugs for patients were heavily subsidised. Under the Blindness Prevention Programme, millions of Lagosians were saved from sight problems. There were free eye surgeries and glasses (Jigi Bola) were distributed to patients for free. To reduce the scourge of HIV/AIDS, the Lagos State AIDS Control Agency intensified its enlightenment programme targeted at youths.

The administration’s ‘Roll Back Malaria’ programme complemented the Eko Free Malaria Treatment programme under which millions of people were treated. The government also combated dreadful diseases, including tuberculosis by setting up clinics devoted to the disease and polio through the immunization of millions of children

To cap it all, the LASAMBUS scheme was initiated. Dozens of ambulances were provided to ease rescue operations. Tinubu introduced reforms, which led to the decentralisation of the health management board, the revitalisation of the primary healthcare system, the establishment of the Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency to ensure quality assurance, the establishment of the Hospital Services Commission and the promotion of partnerships in health between the government and the private sector.

Showing clearly that a new sheriff is in town, the Tinubu administration’s youth development programme led to the annual ‘One Day Governor’ through the annual spelling bee for secondary school students initiated by the New Era Foundation that was promoted by his wife, Oluremi Tinubu as the first lady of Lagos.

Knowing how the reformation of prisoners can help curb social vices, the former governor converted the dreadful Ita Oko prisoners camp into a youth skills acquisition centre. There was also a programme of women empowerment to enable women to cope with the harsh economic realities and make them become better individuals beyond housewives in their different families. More importantly, women were reoriented towards self-employment.

Tinubu’s administration fired on all cylinders, leaving no stone unturned, down to the housing sector. His administration facilitated access to quality accommodation and succeeded in making the Lekki corridor the fastest growing real estate investment haven. The former governor lamented the federal government’s failed housing policy and the neglect of the housing needs of the former federal capital territory (FCT). He restructured the ministry of works and housing by upgrading the housing department or directorate into a full-fledged ministry. The ministry was mandated to provide 500 housing units yearly and coordinate the activities of the Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC) and the Lagos Building Investment Company for more effective management. More importantly, the sector was repositioned to attract private sector participation.

There was a turnaround in the fortunes of the LSDPC. Its account was red before Tinubu assumed office. In his first term, the moribund Michael Otedola Low Income Housing was completed. The Jubilee Housing Scheme comprising 1,300 units of low-income housing designated as Abraham Adesanya Housing Estate was completed. The project was undertaken directly by the ministry. Also delivered were the Lekki Scheme 1, named after the late Eleko of Lagos, Oba Adeyinka Oyekan, the Oko Oba units, Oregun Estate, Ikeja, Femi Okunnu Housing Estate, Lekki and the Mile 2 Housing Estate. Also, concerted efforts were made to develop the proposed estates in Gbagada 1 and 2, Ibeshe, Ikeja 1 and 2, Oko Oba/Alaba and Ewu Elepe. There were proposals for Teachers’ Village, Civil Servants’ Village and Judges Village. The mortgage system was strengthened and foreign investors were encouraged

Asides from the many restructuring of different organs and sections the administration achieved, it also pioneered novel initiatives in transportation, including the development of modern water transportation and the BRT system. LASTMA was established to ensure proper traffic management and deal with the problem of indiscipline on the road by drivers.

Under the capable hands of an obviously experienced public servant as Tinubu, Lagos blazed the trail in the independent power project (IPP), which continually supplied 270 megawatts of electricity to the national grid. The project demonstrated the capacity of some states to generate electricity, if the power to legislate on it is on the concurrent list. Tinubu’s electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado, Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale Odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, Topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

Tinubu created additional 37 councils, following the legitimate agitations of Lagosians for improved governance at the grassroots. The number of the councils rose to 57. However, the national assembly refused to list the councils in the constitution.

As the saying goes, the fowl knows the animal that deprived it of its fathers during the rainy season. The people of Lagos can never forget the efforts of Tinubu’s administration in creating the Lagos of our dream today especially when the allocation for Lagos was seized, prompting Tinubu to put on his thinking cap. He embarked on a novel and aggressive revenue generation drive, which halted the dependence on federal allocations to the state. In 1999, under military rule, Lagos was generating N600,000 monthly. Today, the internally generated revenue (IGR) is around N45 billion.

For eight years, Tinubu also agitated for special status, or special economic assistance, for Lagos state. Up to now, it is still a dream.

Tinubu resolved the succession hurdle successfully in 2007. His successor, Fashola, built on his achievements.

The saying that everything success begins and ends with pristine leadership was proven as Tinubu ended his administration with awards to crown his many efforts for the people of Lagos state. These laurels and awards include the Best Governor for 2001 by the Nigerian/Belgian Chamber of Commerce, Winner of 2002 Best Practices Prize in improving the living environment (by the federal ministry of works and UN habitat Group), 2000 Best Computerized Government in Nigeria (by the Computer Association of Nigeria), 2003 Green Crystal Award for Enhancing the Value of the Environment (by Clean-Up Nigeria (CUN), 2002 Healthcare Award as the best provider of best health services in Nigeria, Presidential Merit Award for technological Development by the Nigerian Society of Engineers, 2001 National Literacy award for outstanding contribution to mas literacy, Co-winner of 2002 Outstanding Alumnus award of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), 2001 Distinguished Alumnus Award by Chicago State University, Distinguished Service Award for Exemplary Leadership by the Lagos State Economic Summit Group, Certificate of Commendation by the national Conference of Black mayors, Silver Jubilee Anniversary Award as Labour Friendly Governor by the National Union of Petroleum and Natural gas Workers (NUPENG) and Award of Recognition by Nigerian Berge Limited for the initiation of the independent power project (IPP).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
:'
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by wereneribo: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
Ah
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Victoxy(m): 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
It's the emoji for me.
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
cry m
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Nyamuri: 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
I'm a northerner, but I hope Tinubu wins.. I hope Yoruba see the bigger picture on how other regions are dividing you while protecting their own

3 Likes

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by M23M(f): 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
searchng4love:
On Tinubu's mandate we stand.

Keep standing.

1 Like

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
We love Obi.

6 Likes

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by ozowarac: 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2022
You na confirmed Afonja

Nyamuri:
I'm a northerner, but I hope Tinubu wins.. I hope Yoruba see the bigger picture on how other regions are dividing you while protecting their own

5 Likes

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Victoxy(m): 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
Nyamuri:
Does that exclude yours?. Stop disgusing man,you are a YORUBA guy. How do you expect us to vote for a person that even his supporters are hiding under another man's tribe. A big fat,SMH

1 Like

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by sapoyoro(m): 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
searchng4love:

Since southeasterns wants to make it like this..... We Western neutrals are going to give them bumper to bumper. But just not on social media. They're going to cry to the social media when they feel the heat.

I tell you. Quote me after elections Bola Tinubu is the incoming President of Nigeria!

I heard sarki saying nonsense. He should confess . He's simply a northern hegemonist without any day time job. What he bidded for in the APC, he couldn't achieve. Hence the frustration and the lies that led him to his nature the northern agenda just like Daniel Bwala.

Lol it’s true though
The FG did not withheld Lagos state allocation.
What was withheld was the. Lg allocation due to tinubu creating additional local government...which is contrary and inconsistent with the constitution..
The constitution has laid down how lg can be created therefore no governor can just wake up tomorrow to create lgs. Mind you it wasn’t only Tinubu who did it,some few state governors did it too and their local government allocation was withheld too.....
The Supreme Court decided the case in AG federation against AG Lagos state...and Lagos state lost...a popular constitutional law case..
Therefore the notion and belief that Fg withheld Lagos state allocation is a big fat lie of the highest order.
And yes state allocation is different from local government allocation.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Goodday90(m): 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
Actually nobody is more crazy than people supporting this failed Government/Party,and the ones waiting to vote another old senile man of the same Party are madder

1 Like

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Nyamuri: 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
Im a northerner from sokoto state
Victoxy:

Does that exclude yours?. Stop disgusing man,you are a YORUBA guy. How do you expect us to vote for a person that even his supporters are hiding under another man's tribe. A big fat,SMH
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Goodday90(m): 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
Nyamuri:
Im a northerner from sokoto state
I am a white man from Iceland

4 Likes

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by toneroforever(m): 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
searchng4love:

Bros calm down nah. No be fight. Vote for whoever you r convinced is the best, ok. After all, everyone with PVC is entitled to vote his or her choice.
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
H
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Abdu81: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
searchng4love:

Go and sit down.
Who cares about your useless support.
Go and tell that to the north who are burning brooms.

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
toneroforever:

Bros calm down nah. No be fight. Vote for whoever you r convinced is the best, ok. After all, everyone with PVC is entitled to vote his or her choice.
This is war. Don't be fooled. Politics is war by other means. Don't be deceived

2 Likes

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
Goodday90:
I am a white man from Iceland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Tochi3(m): 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
Like your poser Name suggest, you need to search for true love and affection...you have been lacking them in abundance... I may be wrong though but it seems that the through love out there is shinning on PO...

key into this energy and your life will be blessed forever....

Stop bringing tribalsim everywhere ... it has nöthing to do with yoruba or ijaw or igbo or hausa or idoma .. Nigeria is bleeding.. are you buying something cheaper more than other yoruba or Hausas or Igbo and other ethnic Nigerians in narket

Be useful and vote wisely
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
Goodday90:
Actually nobody is more crazy than people supporting this failed Government/Party,and the ones waiting to vote another old senile man of the same Party are madder
Bola Tinubu is NOT Buhari.
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by heniford2: 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2022
APC USELESS PARTY
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2022
sapoyoro:

Lol it’s true though
The FG did not withheld Lagos state allocation.
What was withheld was the. Lg allocation due to tinubu creating additional local government...which is contrary and inconsistent with the constitution..
The constitution has laid down how lg can be created therefore no governor can just wake up tomorrow to create lgs. Mind you it wasn’t only Tinubu who did it,some few state governors did it too and their local government allocation was withheld too.....
The Supreme Court decided the case in AG federation against AG Lagos state...and Lagos state lost...a popular constitutional law case..
Therefore the notion and belief that Fg withheld Lagos state allocation is a big fat lie of the highest order.
And yes state allocation is different from local government allocation.
Get your tenses right before delving into political talks. Can't be responding to semi illiterates
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Mstick: 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2022
Brooooooooo instead of crying on Nairaland go on Twitter an defend your drug Lord.

His daughter Zainab Tinubu is currently suffering for her father's sin.

cry
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
Tochi3:
Like your poser Name suggest, you need to search for true love and affection...you have been lacking them in abundance... I may be wrong though but it seems that the through love out there is shinning on PO...

key into this energy and your life will be blessed firever....

Be useful and vote wisely
Only Bola Tinubu we know in Yoruba land, Igbo land, Hausa land and middle belt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
Mstick:
Brooooooooo instead of crying on Nairaland go on Twitter an defend your drug Lord.

His daughter Zainab Tinubu is currently suffering for her father's sin.

cry
Convict him first...
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by Taba21: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
searchng4love:

I like Tinubu, but he will die before his second reigns.
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
Taba21:

I like Tinubu, but he will die before his second reigns.

Irrational talks.
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by overall90: 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
The FG did not at any time withhold Lagos state allocation.
What was withheld was the local government allocation which were later paid.
The funny thing is Lagos was not the only state that had the issue, but it's only Tinubu Lagos that will not allow us rest with falsehood.
All you liars and propagandist should take it easy.
We are talking about some thing that happened just a few years ago and yet you people have the mind to lie and twist facts.
Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by searchng4love: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
overall90:
The FG did not at any time withheld Lagos state allocation.
All you liars and propagandist should take it.
We are talking about some thing that happened just a few years ago and yet you people have the mind to lie and twist facts.
Another liar. Trademark of Obidients. Since Peter Obi himself is a compulsive liar... We are not surprised

1 Like

Re: The Madness Of Obidients Is Unparalleled. by overall90: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
searchng4love:

Another liar. Trademark of Obidients. Since Peter Obi himself is a compulsive liar... We are not surprised

Stop disgracing yourself.
Can't you see that you are alone as other urchins are avoiding the thread

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attending Church Programme Has Nothing To Do With Politics – Peter Obi / National Woman Leader Of APC In Lagos Today / Breaking: This Is A Strong Evidence That Boko Haram & Bandits Are APC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.