Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? (18493 Views)

I Just Got A Job From Nairaland / NPOWER- I Just Got A Congratulations Text Message / I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by lavylilly: 10:30am On Sep 04, 2022
Don’t be embarrassed by the kind of hustle you do, those who laugh at you won’t give you a dime bcuz they don’t give a damn about you, so go on& flip dose bricks, sell dose tomatoes, burn thaat charcoal, crush dose stones if dat’s what puts food in ya mouth

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 04, 2022
You MUST register with the witches if you're going to use palm oil and not refined veritable oil. Or they'll deal with you in your dreams and on the way to church service. Sometimes, they make the hot oil pour on you. See me for the antidote if you want to use palm oil to make akara.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by pepetua(m): 11:36am On Sep 04, 2022
All depends on the environment,
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by hopexter(m): 11:37am On Sep 04, 2022
Why not? Nobody stops you from venturing into any business of your choice. Sha make sure you add bread or akamu (pap) join am make e go well. You don do your visibility studies on the location? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by nams77: 11:40am On Sep 04, 2022
doggedfighter:

IzzyAgu, I would have suggested you get a laptop if you can and learn any tech skill.

Tech is a blessing !
Care to explain?
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by onojaford(m): 11:43am On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

I am typing this piece with Disappointment, I least expected this.

So, I finished My Youth Service with Joy and gladness, and was back home till I get a good paying job, since I studied Metalogy/Civil Enginnering in the University..

As a Sure guy with Parly (Certificate) cheesy
I was very much confident of getting a nice paying job, So I started my Journey as a Job Seeker..

1st year, 2nd year, went by, and still nothing, So i decided to digress into something else for the meantime, everyone knows how Nigeria is .

I decided to pop into Teaching, atleast 'head still fresh'
I got this job, in a Primary school, the Headmistress and I agreed on a 30,000 monthly salary... I was happy though .

I resumed work, truth be told it was fun, but Sour at last..
I never knew this Madam was in for a trick..

Things were going well oo!
Firstly, Late to work a day - 5,000 deducted
Not being audible enough in the classroom - 3,000 deduction
Pupils not able to grab the day's work - 2,000 deducted
Failure to mark pupils note/ asessment/ assignment - 5,000 deduction
Few pupils failing Test, Oral questions and Examination - 5,000 deduction....

I was called for my salary, then Mrs. Headmistress brought out my file of report and defects , i was shocked when she tabled a sum of 15,000 naira as my salary for the month and Said "Welcome" I couldn't Fanthom where I was but i gathered myself and said "Thank you ma"

According to my fellow staff, this was the hidden principle in The School, people's salaries were deducted to nothing ...

I went home and slept throughout the week ..

Now Do you think I continue in this Mess or Venture into frying of akara and become self employed..

what are your thoughts, help a brother!!
Start scrap metal dealership/foundry. Smelt scrap metal and cast them into certain kitchen utensils. So in your thinking your education should have ended in the damn classroom?
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by tonicyril: 11:44am On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

So, I finished My Youth Service with Joy and gladness, and was back home till I get a good paying job, since I studied Metalogy/Civil Enginnering in the University..

I was very much confident of getting a nice paying job, So I started my Journey as a Job Seeker..

1st year, 2nd year, went by, and still nothing, So i decided to digress into something else for the meantime, everyone knows how Nigeria is .

I got this job, in a Primary school, the Headmistress and I agreed on a 30,000 monthly salary... I was happy though .

I was called for my salary, then Mrs. Headmistress brought out my file of report and defects , i was shocked when she tabled a sum of 15,000 naira as my salary for the month and Said "Welcome" I couldn't Fanthom where I was but i gathered myself and said "Thank you ma"

According to my fellow staff, this was the hidden principle in The School, people's salaries were deducted to nothing ...

Now Do you think I continue in this Mess or Venture into frying of akara and become self employed..

Op u dont need to ask anyone, pls do whatever will put food on ur table and still remain pocket money.. a take God beg u.

Me sef na civil engineering i studied for school, tot in school for some months, did a marketer in an insurance company for a week den i jakpa wen sapa nearly turn me to its errand boy.

Now a no dey do civil engineering again sef, a don forget wat i was tot, laslas na trade/business a go learn at age 28

But today a no regret am, i am happy cus i now have a wife and a kid and they are all fine, me myself i am not a liability.
Next tin for me now na to jakpa.

BUT WAIT OOH, WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF EDUCATION WHEN BE SAY NA WETIN OUR PARENTS WEY NO TOO GO SCHOOL DEY DO NA HIN MANY OF US GO STILL VENTURE INTO AFTER GRADUATION..?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Dadadididacontr: 11:45am On Sep 04, 2022
Contact me for farm fresh dry maize supply to make your Akamu, you can also contact gor other recipes to make your business a money spinner venture.

Im a farmer in Ibadan, with farms located in;

Ikereku area Ibadan
Ijaye-Ojutaye wrea Ibadan
Ilora,
Ogundeji after Apapa Moniya.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by nams77: 11:46am On Sep 04, 2022
Op, get a skill or start business. You will smile years later

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by swaqq(m): 11:48am On Sep 04, 2022
Not only Akara, add puff puff, potato, yam and fried meat

3 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Wittydreh: 11:48am On Sep 04, 2022
Find something that you can prove ur edu with and do that,don't be a mediocre. Go into tech and generate knowledge in ur desire interest.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by GistFullGround: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2022

1. Do your Akara stand with class.
2. Let the environment be sparking clean.
3. Make sure you have a good display & where flies won't be disturbing you.
4. People will patronize you, when they know your Akara preparation is healthy.
5. If you have a shop, paint it in white color.
6. Since you are educated, you MUST brand yourself...
7. Forget ladies & focus on your business. Ladies will come & go, but your business will stand the text of time.
8. Instead of using old newspapers, (like its done in nigeria, use disposable White Foam Hinged Lid Containers. Packaging is the key!
9. ALWAYS let your environment be clean
10. You have to dare to be different.
11. Some ignorant people may want to laugh at you, in 5 years time, they will envy you; just focus on your goals and forget the naysayers.

Some people don't realize they are sitting on a goldmine doing some 'odd' jobs.

I am confident the sky won't be your limit, but your starting point.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by rukyboy(m): 11:56am On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

Dumb ass. Half baked graduate.

You can't even spell the course you studied in school.

Its "Metallurgy ". Not Metalogy.

Later. Y'all. Will say there are no jobs.

Who would wanna employ a dumb ass like you?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by GerogeI(m): 11:56am On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

Civil Engr - you want to fry akara. As-in nothing else is in your coconut head.

Oga, take your cv, find a Civil Enginneer, and volunteer as his assistant. From there you will either get a job or grow to win projects yourself

Or find an Engineering firm and volunteer. Whenever, they get an openning they will consider you first for the job.

There is scarcity of jobs quite alright, but some of you are turning it into a useless excuse for dumb choices.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Invest4growth: 11:57am On Sep 04, 2022
If you have a good location and capital, I will advise you start your business. Distinguish yourself with cleanliness and considering healthy needs of people especially hypertension, diabetes etc. Wish you well!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by akanbiaa(m): 11:59am On Sep 04, 2022
tonicyril:
Op u dont need to ask anyone, pls do whatever will put food on ur table and still remain pocket money.. a take God beg u.

Me sef na civil engineering i studied for school, tot in school for some months, did a marketer in an insurance company for a week den i jakpa wen sapa nearly turn me to its errand boy.

Now a no dey do civil engineering again sef, a don forget wat i was tot, laslas na trade/business a go learn at age 28

But today a no regret am, i am happy cus i now have a wife and a kid and they are all fine, me myself i am not a liability.
Next tin for me now na to jakpa.

BUT WAIT OOH, WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF EDUCATION WHEN BE SAY NA WETIN OUR PARENTS WEY NO TOO GO SCHOOL DEY DO NA HIN MANY OF US GO STILL VENTURE INTO AFTER GRADUATION..?
Seems marketing with insurance company is one of the worst jobs in Nigeria, infact some say it is enemies that pretend to like you that will recommend the job to you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by HeightsKE: 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
I have partnership capital for anyone, ladies preferably, interested in such business
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by RepoMan007: 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

Frying Akara isn't the end of the world.
If you have up to 100k in capital you can go into Akara frying and do it differently plus in a busy spot. Know the terrain. How much you can sell, what you can make, where best to get cheap bread or pap and sugar, bean, oils, firewood, gas cylinder, charcoal, neat shade, and wrapping paper, also cooler and ice block for pure water sales. As rain is high this year, the corresponding heat is going to high and sell you small drinks.

E no easy for private sector. With all these on ground Buhari is trying to do amnesty for killers leaving the victims to market mini that's barely noticeable.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Skillsnigeria: 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by vikiphy89(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
Adeoye11:

Comrade are you still thinking about it , when you are suppose to be on the street with your well ironed apron , ooziing out to sweet smell of a graduate Akara and akamu, forgetting what your village people will say, and bearing in mind that people only celebrate success.
If you are based in Lagos around IK I can even come join u.
Ikorodu or ikotun?
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by tonicyril: 12:10pm On Sep 04, 2022
akanbiaa:
Seems marketing with insurance company is one of the worst jobs in Nigeria, infact some say it is enemies that pretend to like you that will recommend the job to you.
See that job eehn!! Dem really sakamaje me ooh.

Na so dem brainwashed me, me sef con dey daydream in money grin

A con dey target how a go see a retiree wey go do anuity grin grin

Abeg, in this current Nigeria, how would u convince a man that has worked for 35years or more to now withdraw all his money from his bank and deposit it into ur sakamaje account in the name if annuity grin grin me sef go gree do am?? grin

If not for my mum, my sole for tear for ikorodu grin

Do u know that worst tin, the person that introduced me to the job was convincing me against learning a trade, not only him, many pipu like that.

At the end sha, i run leave lagos jare BUT TODAY NKO, I ALWAYS SAY IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOD WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE.

BABA GOD THANK YOU OOH.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by alizma: 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

If you know how to do it and you are ready to put sentiment aside, you are on your way to success already. Go for the akara business. It may not be easy initially but surely you will be happy doing it in no distant time.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by GistFullGround: 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
Okealaaye:
You MUST register with the witches if you're going to use palm oil and not refined veritable oil. Or they'll deal with you in your dreams and on the way to church service. Sometimes, they make the hot oil pour on you. See me for the antidote if you want to use palm oil to make akara.

This is why you can never be successful.
Everything in Africa is always about "witches"!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by phemmyfour: 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

Are you still thinking about it....akara business na gold. You can never go wrong with selling food

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by HarlequinLekex: 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
doggedfighter:

No but you can learn online.

Go through Nairaland programming section and read through.

Then research and see what you want to do.

https://www.nairaland.com/7100014/job-hunting-experiences-junior-developer

Read the above thread for inspiration.
Just love what you did by saying no[though i don't know if you might teach the guy or not] but others will say yes and want to scam

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by MoneyTrees(m): 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
doggedfighter:

The best time to start is now.

There's no shame in making money.

Mehn
Your wisdom is charming
Imagine how mere comments dey spin deep crush for this person on the faceless internet
You're a spec n more
May your weekend be amazingly nice

PS: BBnaija gals, Feminist em, see ya mate here o, common sense no dey common at all

4 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Great2021(m): 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
Okealaaye:
why do u say so?
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Obas101(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

Go and learn javascript, one year devotion can change your life

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by baconline(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
Leave that teaching job ,it's not worth it, she does not understand what it means to employ people, she is looking for slaves to work for her

2 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by amykwuba(f): 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

I am also a graduate I studied political science from university of Nigeria, but I am thinking of also going into the akara business, the job I am doing pays #80k but transport every month is #36k while my rent every month is #30k so I am left with only #12k which can't even take care of my feeding and other amenities, I am currently looking for a space to start the akara

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by doggedfighter(f): 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2022
MoneyTrees:

Mehn
Your wisdom is charming
Imagine how mere comments dey spin deep crush for this person on the faceless internet
You're a spec n more
May your weekend be amazingly nice

PS: BBnaija gals, Feminist em, see ya mate here o, common sense no dey common at all

Hugs and kisses, love grin

Allow me climb on Money Trees grin

Have a great weekend too !

2 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by yungchop: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

Where's your location? Maybe we should put finances together and run it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fake Employment Federal Govt Job / How I Got A Good Job Because Of The Personal CDS Project I Did When I Served / DDB Lagos Graduate Internship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.