Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why Do Some Deaths Hurt More Than Others? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Some Deaths Hurt More Than Others? (163 Views)

Postpone Your Deaths Till Our Strike Is Over-mortuary Staff Union Tells Ghanains / Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used / Suspected Gastroenteritis Outbreak: Sokoto Govt. Confirms 9 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Deaths Hurt More Than Others? by Azeemokoya: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
One of the cardinal truths of life is that death hurts. The distinctions which normally separate us; race, skin colour, nationality, do not apply here. It is so universal an experience that the mere mention of the loss of a loved one to another can illicit feelings of sadness, precisely, empathy. The general consensus is that we have all lost a loved one. With the death of one’s parent, child, spouse or parent being the most painful. Even so, some deaths seem to register more pain in us than that of others. Why is that? After all, all death is death. There are not varying degrees of death.

For a long time, I’ve always said a silent prayer in my head about dying before my loved ones. That way, I will not have to mourn anyone. This prayer, though selfish, is understandable. It takes too long to recover from grief, sometimes forever, even driving one to the point of lunacy. I know people who never recovered from the loss of their dear ones. At the mere mention of their names, heads are shaken with pity. Yet people who come out of it unscathed(at least outwardly) are termed as “strong.” Even if they’re losing the war in their heads, even if the carpet of their minds have been dragged from under them.

While there are no varying degrees of death, there are varying degrees of pain. Take for instance a person suffering from a terminal disease...

https://newsroundtheclock.com/why-do-some-deaths-hurt-more-than-others/

(1) (Reply)

You Won't Throw Away Orange Seeds Again After Reading This / 5 Factors Can Prevent A Woman From Becoming Pregnant / Good Morning Here, Please I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.