Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds (805 Views)

PDP Primary: Anyim Congratulates Atiku, Decries Voting On Primordial Sentiments / Samuel Ezekiel: Nathaniel Samuel Is A Christian, Not Muslim - Father / George Moghalu: Igbos Didn’t Consider Implications Of Not Voting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 11:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand.

Peter Obi divided Anambra pitting Anglicans against the Catholics. We don't want such a rabble rouser.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/26/divided-anambra-gov-obis-legacy/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 12:00am On Sep 03, 2022
Don't let them use religion to divide us. We are not voting for the Bishop or imam. We are voting evidential performance..... On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand!!

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by GodsOwnMan: 12:01am On Sep 03, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 12:03am On Sep 03, 2022
We don't need divisive figures

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 12:08am On Sep 03, 2022
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra
State has urged Roman Catholics in
the state to sustain the grip of their
control on the politics of the state by
ensuring that the next governor of
the state remained a Catholic.
Speaking on Friday on behalf of the
governor at the inauguration of the
Widows and Less Privileged
Members Foundation at the Holy
Trinity Basilica, Onitsha, the
Commissioner for Works, Mr.
Callistus Ilozumba, said Roman
Catholics must use the November
16 governorship election in the state
to make a point that the church had
come to be relevant in the politics of
the state.
He recalled that the late Catholic
Archbishop of Onitsha, the Most
Rev. Albert Obiefuna, had
championed the involvement of
knights of the church to take charge
of the politics of the state, saying
that the effort paid off when Obi
was elected governor in 2003.
He said the first beneficiary of that
effort would have been Prof.
Alphonsus Nwosu, who was
dropped as the governorship
candidate of the Peoples Democratic
Party for Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju in
He said that it was after that the late
archbishop advised on the need to
have an alternative platform, and
that came with the formation of
APGA.
He said it was not an accident that
the first national chairman of the
party, Chief Chekwas Okorie, Obi,
the current national chairman, Chief
Victor Umeh, and others are
Catholics.
Ilozumba recalled that when Obi
joined the race in 2003, both Knights
of St. John, St. Mulumba and the
Laity Council teamed up to support
him in the election which he won.
He reminded knights of St. John
International that they had the
capacity to change the situation in
the state as predicted by Obiefuna.

https://newsghana.com.gh/catholics-urged-to-sustain-grip-of-control-of-politics/?amp

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by KanwuliaExtra: 12:12am On Sep 03, 2022
Only a DIVINE DUNCE would vote based on religion. What USELESS RELIGIONS do Nigerians practice with churches and mosques littering all corners of Nigeria AND NO SPIRITUALITY TO SHOW IN THEIR LIVES? undecided

Buhari and Tinubu take their lifeless bodies and devilish souls to some shrine/mosques but are the CHIEF KILLERS OF NIGERIANS. What are they worshipping if not SATAN?

Osinbajo called himself a “Christian”, yet he looks like a diminutive, oshrine artifact.

All religious groups have suffered terrorism in one form or the other.

“Christians” have kidnapped and killed “Christians”. So called “Muslim Jihadists” make up the Boko Haram Terror Units.

At the end of the day, what we have is a LAWLESS, ANARCHIST society with the police force, military and judiciary overwhelmed by diabolical corruption.
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 03, 2022
Madness everywhere
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Allison012: 2:07am On Sep 03, 2022
Am not voting on religious ground too.

i will vote for the person that is competent to lead this country out of the mess we are into right now.please don't for an agbado master that will use the remaining change buhari will leave in the treasury to cure his leaky ass in another country.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Allison012: 2:08am On Sep 03, 2022
Mirabel11:
Madness everywhere
E shock you abi??
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 03, 2022
I would vote competence with a mix of balance..... A christian and a muslim mix creates balance while unifying the country devoid of suspicion and anarchy.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 03, 2022
yes na
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by PraizHim: 2:51am On Sep 03, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I know you are rooting for Amoda Ogunlere below.

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by PraizHim: 2:57am On Sep 03, 2022
I will vote for Peter Obi. Amoda Ogunlere aka Bobo chicago has divided Nigeria across religious lines.
Pitching Christians against muslims with his APC Muslim- Muslim ticket in a multi- religious country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAfJqDkBqks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nt4JF7M9N8

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 3:02am On Sep 03, 2022
On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by mushystuff: 4:38am On Sep 03, 2022
searchng4love:
www.punchng.com/news/anambra-obi-campaigns-for-catholic-governor/
OP!
Stop posting fake news! You manufacture a fake link that leads to nowhere and post just to malign the best candidate all to no avail! See you see choke!
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 4:42am On Sep 03, 2022
mushystuff:
OP!
Stop posting fake news! You manufacture a fake link that leads to nowhere and post just to malign the best candidate all to no avail! See you see choke!

https://newsghana.com.gh/catholics-urged-to-sustain-grip-of-control-of-politics/?amp

On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand!
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by mushystuff: 4:49am On Sep 03, 2022
searchng4love:

On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand!

I said stop posting fake news! Nowhere else is this rubbish you posted reported apart from this link because it is contrived just to make a non-existent point! Why isn't it available on any notable Nigerian site?

Peter Obi is not like Tinubu that believes only a muslim like him is qualified to be VP! You can see Peter Obi's VP candidate can't you? If this rubbish you posted here had any iota of truth, he would have hunted for and selected a co-catholic as VP!

Go and sleep!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 5:04am On Sep 03, 2022
On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by NaijaCowFarm: 5:15am On Sep 03, 2022
Plaindealer, stop deceiving yourself, Yekini Amoda will lose big time
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 5:18am On Sep 03, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:
Plaindealer, stop deceiving yourself, Yekini Amoda will lose big time

Thanks. Now go and campaign for your candidate. But note. Never ever will a Igbo man become president in Nigeria.
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by obyrich(m): 6:26am On Sep 03, 2022
searchng4love:

Peter Obi divided Anambra pitting Anglicans against the Catholics. We don't want such a rabble rouser.

You are voting on tribal grounds. It's your choice bro.
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 6:52am On Sep 03, 2022
obyrich:
You are voting on tribal grounds. It's your choice bro.
If you say so. I'd have not voted but lailai Igbo man will never be President of Nigeria
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Nightwolf1: 7:10am On Sep 03, 2022
searchng4love:

If you say so. I'd have not voted but lailai Igbo man will never be President of Nigeria

The criteria for supporting Tinubu is to be outrightly senseless in words and actions grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 10:55am On Sep 03, 2022
Nightwolf1:

The criteria for supporting Tinubu is to be outrightly senseless in words and actions grin grin
Don't be pained.
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2022
searchng4love:

I'm a Christian and I'll vote on religious grounds.
NO!! To Muslim Muslim terrorist ticket
Kill yourself
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

I'm a Christian and I'll vote on religious grounds.
NO!! To Muslim Muslim terrorist ticket
Kill yourself
On your own. On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand!
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Goodday90(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2022
If your tinubu so much love Christians,why did he go for a Muslim vice?
Will you Muslims accept a Christian and christian vice?
It’s about doing what is right,Nigeria is not an Islamic state
How can president be Ahmed and vice Kazeem,we Christians come world to come look?
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2022
searchng4love:

On your own. On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand!
Your biz. You can stand on Shekau's mandate if you like
No to terrorist ticket
Christians are not second class citizens
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Abdu81: 11:07am On Sep 03, 2022
searchng4love:

Please there is an organization in south west called MURIC please go and give this your advice

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/2023-presidency-well-only-vote-for-a-yoruba-muslim-from-south-west-muric/
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Your biz. You can stand on Shekau's mandate if you like
No to terrorist ticket
Christians are not second class citizens

All Christians are behind Tinubu's Mandate!
Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by searchng4love: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2022
Abdu81:

Please there an organization in south west called MURIC please go and give this your advice

https://www.vanguardngr.com › 20...
2023 Presidency: We'll only vote for a Yoruba Muslim from South West

Re: 2023 Presidential Elections. I Am A Christian Not Voting On Religious Grounds by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2022
searchng4love:

Yes. Including Babachir lawal and Dogara

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Reacts To Attack On Ifeanyi Ubah / 2023: My Prophecy About Peter Obi’s Candidacy. / Breaking: Igbos Beg APC To Stop Killing Their People Because Of 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.