Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. (720 Views)

Nigerian Man Arrested In Indonesia, Shows Signs Of Mental Illness / 7-year-old Girl Manifests Signs Of Mental Illness After Rape By Two Suspects / How South West Is Becoming A Hotbed Of Ritual Killings In Nigeria - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by Elfree: 12:45am On Sep 03, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikHH4ThTMU4

The enormous stress, pressure and the loneliness in the west drives people nuts (Mad) it takes a mental and psychological toll driving people to drug & alcohol addiction, crimes, long prison conviction and public shooting and suicide.

In this video homicide cases involving two young men born to Nigerian parents were discussed. Both were sentenced to life in prison.

These are old cases from 2020

Case 1- Emmanuel Dike of New Jersey, 22, year old at the time he murdered his girlfriend is the only child of his single mother. He was sentenced life and will eligible be for parole after he served 30 years.

Case 2- Charles Okonkwo Jnr of Long Island New York is the eldest of his parents two sons. And the two are the only children of their parents. He killed his younger brother and assaulted his mother, breaking her skull that put her in coma for weeks. Okonkwo was sentenced to 40 years in prison. So, now younger son was killed and elder was put away in almost life prison and parents have no children.

Question is why didn't these parents moved these distressed young people back with families in Nigeria to separate them from the source of their mental illness.
Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by Elfree: 12:57am On Sep 03, 2022
I share a friend in common with Emmanuel Dike's mother as we live in the same city. My friend said the now convicted felon was her children's elementary and High school friends.

As an only child, he basically in lived her house with her kids. She said she noticed changes in his behavior in their middle school when he began to look like weed smoking gang boy. She tried to counsel him and advising his mother to move him back to Nigeria before he's beyond salvage.

Then, during his high school he quit school and moved to Chicago for some years and we know Chicago is rough. Years after he moved back to his mother's house in New Jersey where he killed his girlfriend and disappeared.

His mother discovered her body when she came back from work.
Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 03, 2022
Western countries are not synonymous to "jack shit!"

It is your parenting style that sucks.

Train up a child, in the way he should grow and when he is old, he will never depart from it.

For Africans that move to the west and then decide that anything African is "barbaric" , while embracing all in the West, down to their lax parenting style, what did you think would happen?

Or you haven't heard that, if you don't raise your child, the society is glad to raise them for you.

You suddenly migrate to the west and then begin to parrot the whites "Religion is a scam " etc. But you forget that, if only for character building and moral lessons, religion is valuable.

The spiritual value nkor? But no! You have finally arrived. All that is white is good, and all that is black, Evil.

The empty space that ought to be occupied with Godly/ spiritual enlightenment is thus left empty, so your children are left feeling empty and constantly depressed because you do not teach them or raise them to know and fear God.
Drug and alcohol abuse is just a step from there.

Retrace your steps, seek ye first, to know God and show your children the ways of God & every blessed thing shall be added unto you.

Good Godly Parenting is what is required to combat the rot spreading from the west, across the world today.

5 Likes

Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by fman(m): 2:13am On Sep 03, 2022
I feel u r the one that is mentally ill here.
Rephrase your post and you will understand that it is baseless and lacks enough ingredients to be qualified in respect to the title.
You are just a cheap African tribal bigot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by Elfree: 5:03am On Sep 03, 2022
Topcatking.
I don't exchange with African people with colonial and slave mentality, who sees everything western as perfect and everything Africa as dark and bleak, ugly substandard. They've succeeded in brainwashing you to hate yourselves.

Second, I don't exchange with myopic people who probably never stepped out of Nigeria. Why should i debate with you after living 25 years in the US. You do not deserve my time until you actually put in ordinary 5 years in the West.

Are all the drug addicted tons of homeless people on the streets of New York. Chicago, LA, Washington DC, downtown Dallas etc are all because of lack of good parentage?

Are the public shooters who stormed schools, malls, movie theaters, grocery stores, clubs, churches and killing 50 people is all because of lack of parentage?

This system drive people nuts. But keep wishing the West is your paradise on earth. What an illusion of infantile fantasy.

Some people needs to keep their mouths shut and fantasize on how to get a visa to jakpa which seems to be your life goal until you get yourselves in the hot water. Our thick headed people doesn't
listen or learn until they get themselves in the mess.

The information is for those who wants to hear the truth not those self hating Africans.
Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by Elfree: 5:10am On Sep 03, 2022
fman,
Baseless for someone who's never visited the West not even on the capacity of vacation.

Any Nigerian that travels abroad knows this is undeniable truth.

And for some reason, local champions feel obligated to challenge a topic they've no clue other than their mere imagination of the West as paradise on earth.

Absolutely gut wrenching that people are still this ignorant in the age of technology & social media.

Nonsense people.

1 Like

Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by Elfree: 5:20am On Sep 03, 2022
Hard to reason with people who're embedded with disease of slave and colonial mentality. People who sees nothing good about themselves,their culture and country. People who're ready to latch up every BS coming out of West because they're supposedly superior.

This is why you don't patronize your locally made products and ready to spend fortune on every nonsense manufactured out of Nigeria.

Africa has a long haul to Rehabilitation, recognizing, acknowledging and accepting themselves as people of equal intellectual capability with Caucasians. Your sense of inferiority is mind blowing.

This is where progress begins.

Shut the hell up, when someone speaks from the place of indepth knowledge and experience.

Just sad, I see African countries being re-colonized in the next 25 years.
Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by fman(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2022
Elfree:
fman,
Baseless for someone who's never visited the West not even on the capacity of vacation.

Any Nigerian that travels abroad knows this is undeniable truth.

And for some reason, local champions feel obligated to challenge a topic they've no clue other than their mere imagination of the West as paradise on earth.

Absolutely gut wrenching that people are still this ignorant in the age of technology & social media.

Nonsense people.
despite ya Gulliver travels, you don't sound exposed! Probably na hustle carry you commot..
Lol.
Nevertheless, u need to take a bite at ya emotions!!
You don't really have to fight back with bitter words if truly u are advanced.
Your mention is no different from the average Nigerian struggling to survive the hardship of it's government (hence your bitterness).
Let me educate you properly: travel they say, its part of education, the problem wt you Africans is that you feel that you are more advanced when you come to the west... Probably cos of what poverty has installed into your medulla And also it makes you feel that the average nairalander has not been to the west or Asia.
Sorry to bust ya bubbles, my teen days was in Asia.
I feel ur pains.
Kudos...

1 Like

Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by Elfree: 8:43am On Sep 03, 2022
Fman,
Did you read my submissions?
I just diagnosed your mindset and as well schooled you. Some of you quys' arrogance in that country is astounding. So, next time, don't argue about the dynamics of a nation you haven't been to.

It's out of your jurisdiction and beyond your comprehension. All you can do is- listen up and learn one or two things.

This is why people are trapped in ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by fman(m): 9:01am On Sep 03, 2022
Elfree:
Fman,
Did you read my submissions?
I just diagnosed your mindset and as well schooled you. Some of you quys' arrogance in that country is astounding. So, next time, don't argue about the dynamics of a nation you haven't been to.

It's out of your jurisdiction and beyond your comprehension. All you can do is- listen up and learn one or two things.

This is why people are trapped in ignoramus.

All I see here is a feminist ranting
Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by fman(m): 9:06am On Sep 03, 2022
Elfree,
You can call me ignorant.
I don't care,
Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2022
Elfree:
Topcatking.
I don't exchange with African people with colonial and slave mentality, who sees everything western as perfect and everything Africa as dark and bleak, ugly substandard. They've succeeded in brainwashing you to hate yourselves.

Second, I don't exchange with myopic people who probably never stepped out of Nigeria. Why should i debate with you after living 25 years in the US. You do not deserve my time until you actually put in ordinary 5 years in the West.

Are all the drug addicted tons of homeless people on the streets of New York. Chicago, LA, Washington DC, downtown Dallas etc are all because of lack of good parentage?

Are the public shooters who stormed schools, malls, movie theaters, grocery stores, clubs, churches and killing 50 people is all because of lack of parentage?

This system drive people nuts. But keep wishing the West is your paradise on earth. What an illusion of infantile fantasy.

Some people needs to keep their mouths shut and fantasize on how to get a visa to jakpa which seems to be your life goal until you get yourselves in the hot water. Our thick headed people doesn't
listen or learn until they get themselves in the mess.

The information is for those who wants to hear the truth not those self hating Africans.

Living in the west is not a measure of intelligence and enlightenment, my dear 25-years resident.

If you had read to understand then you probably would not have responded as you did. Alas, the need to react has distracted you.

Read my post once more, slowly this time and I'm sure you will get it.

One doesn't need to leave Nigeria to know that the "pandemic " of failed parenting stemming from broken homes, the baby mama syndrome, obsession with the LGBTQIA & sexual preference are the slippery slopes leading directly to the decadence of drug abuse.

Are you even aware one in 3 cases of your so called "homeless junkies " histories is directly traceable to failed parent or being raised by a single parent?

You just want to jump on the next trending issue.
Simply cause mental health is the new buzzword , you also start spouting It? 2ithout looking to root causes?

I've been a Doctor for 16 years , I believe I've experienced enough to speak authoritatively on this.

Next time, ehn, read to understand, not to send a rejoinder.
Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by fman(m): 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7322103/why-black-women-america-hate#116464684

African black women in America are curse to themselves . Hate, inferiority complex and stereotypes are demons they push out that still lives are haunt them. And u
Elfree,
is not exempted.
Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by Candora(f): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by fman(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2022
Candora:
lipsrsealed
Best for you!!
Re: West is synonymous To Mental Illness: Triggers loneliness & depression. by GeneralPula: 10:59am On Sep 09, 2022
So because your fellow Igbo brothers killed their people makes west synonymous to Mental Illness?

Are Igbos not killing themselves in biafra land? Is Biafraland also synonymous to Mental Illness?

(1) (Reply)

Obituary For Family-of-six Who Died After Eating Dinner / Nigerians Goes Bloody At Banks For New Naira Notes Fights Compilation / Popular Delta State Church Mercyland Is On Fire [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.