Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding (26837 Views)

Okowa, Baba-Ahmed Ask INEC To Cancel Elections At Joint Briefing (Video/Photos) / Nigerians Ask INEC To Include Candidates' Photos On Ballot Papers / Bashir Ahmad Gives Asks INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by uyimove19(m): 11:20am On Sep 04, 2022
fake news
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by snowball11(m): 11:26am On Sep 04, 2022
Trinitycian:
Tinubu panicking grin

I thought they said Obi's candidacy is a threat to Atiku? So why na Tinubu's camp dey panic pass? grin

Why bro? You no want Obi to divide Atiku vote again? grin

They urchins are so myopic and archaic like their shaky shaky candidate they eulogize! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by WOCKHARDI(m): 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
You are talking about funding. Soon Nigerians in the diaspora will also vote during elections. It is POssible. Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by ImperialYoruba: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
He would have been breaking the law if he was being funded by foreigners and a foreign government. The funds he is getting and is going to get is coming from NIGERIANS working and living in Diaspora. No law broken there. Except you want to tell me every kobo being spent by Tinubu and Atiku are all in Naira and there’s no foreign currency being spent which would be a blatant lie.

You cannot raise campaign money from foreign source. The law does not say if it's Arab, Indian, Chinese, European or Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Agugbadin: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2022
They are jittery that Nigeria youth are taking back their country because they are tired and needs alternatives.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by DrMuzungu(m): 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
A polithiefcian who laments of opponent's failures rather than his own achievements is nothing but a phaggot and a... well... thief.
We should not have to choose the lesser of two evils, Nigeria needs an honest politician and a savior.
Chief of all agberos and thugs in Lagos should shut his dirty mouth and not mention Peter Obi.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Great2017: 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

You cannot raise campaign money from foreign source. The law does not say if it's Arab, Indian, Chinese, European or Nigerian.
Where is the evidence to support your claim?
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Achilles881: 1:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
FEAR!! FEAR!!!
The said obi will divide atiku's vote, but now they are afraid that he will blow them away, all bats are afraid, because Nigerians are now ready to remove their blood sucking mouth from our treasury.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Bonavi: 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by latolz: 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
INEC WILL NOT DISQUALIFY SHI SHI
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

They are not foreigners. Does it mean when they travel out their rights as Nigerians is relinquished? No. They can go anywhere to work and send back home if they so desire. Being in Diaspora does not relinquish them of their rights to participate in the electoral process of their home country.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Mars16(m): 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
You said his (Peter Obi) isn't a force then why are going sleepless and futile efforts to remove the structureless man, I laugh cheesy grin "All those structure they I don't have are structure of corruption"- Peter Obi
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by deavicky(m): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
This Tinubu camp claim is as good as me writing to INEC to disqualify Tinubu for using fake Bishop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Dave2011: 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by specco(m): 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
M4A1carbine:
This Peter Obi Tsunami ..is causing problems everywhere ohhhh

See as Afonja miscreants are jumping up and dan like headless chickens!!

Peter Obi Movement is making Tinubu zombies cry with pain and sorrow...and ...

........................I LOVE IT.......................

Please poster, many noble Yoruba sons and daughters of goodwill are equally obidient to this movement. Therefore we should avoid this "afonja" labelling to avoid disaffection. We are same fighting for a common cause, a better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by JOemmy(m): 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
What type of electoral law is that? The federal govt have been encouraging nigerians abroad to come home and invest their hard earn money but yet this same diaspora nigerians are not allowed to either vote or even support candidates of their choice.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Dubaku543: 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
luckyz4rea:
I see how we read and make comments out of context. We just take every headlines and topics hook, line and sinker, and then make comments without constructively criticizing posts.

I wish Nairaland was a platform where Nigerians are united in one voice to solve problems, at least and not where some paid or those who have profited selfishly from a sect and coming here to blow without thinking the big picture!

Our comments and perceptions simply tells the rot in our society and the world at large. It will be unfair to throw away the opinions/comments of some well meaning Nigerians and people around the world. It’s unfortunate that we always magnify the bad more than the good. Nigerians that should seek the salvation of this nation if not for us but for generations to come, are always the ones destroying it first with their thinking and talking! Whilst one may be tempted to comment, it is critically imperative to comment circumspectly.

May God renew our minds!
From all of your grammar you didn't tell us who you are supporting?
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by luckyz4rea(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
Dubaku543:
From all of your grammar you didn't tell us who you are supporting?

Apparently, it’s my grammar you saw despite talking about contextual criticism!

I stand with who Nigerian youths stand with and I guess it is overwhelming enough to know who that is.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Dubaku543: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
luckyz4rea:

Apparently, it’s my grammar you saw despite talking about contextual criticism!

I stand with who Nigerian youths stand with and I guess it is overwhelming enough to know who that is.
Lol my man!!!
I for vex if all this your grammar with intellectual class you exhibited you come eventually turn to Tinubu supporter....Ah!!
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by DOM7: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
Fear,fear! If the man doesn't really matter why the panic? Allow him to contest so that you defeat.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Tqw1: 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
grin
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by ImperialYoruba: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
They are not foreigners. Does it mean when they travel out their rights as Nigerians is relinquished? No. They can go anywhere to work and send back home if they so desire. Being in Diaspora does not relinquish them of their rights to participate in the electoral process of their home country.

Do you understand English?

You cannot raise money from a foreign source.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Johel(m): 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
Gjrich:

https://www.icirnigeria.org/2023-tinubu-campaign-group-asks-inec-to-disqualify-obi-over-diaspora-funding/

Eya, see as them they fear OBI, they said he had no structure yet he's giving em sleepless nights back to back.. grin
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Myer(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
Johel:

Eya, see as them they fear OBI, they said he had no structure yet he's giving em sleepless nights back to back.. grin

If he is truly found breaking the law, should he not be disqualified?
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by odduduwa: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
Nightwolf1:
Agbado baboons, Peter Obi presidential fitness to steer the sinking ship is the reason you demented urchins ain't getting no sleep. grin grin

If una wan die, make una die well.
Aeroplane gearbox no get reverse. Peter Obi is on a mission to rescue Nigerians. No amount of foolish and disjointed tantrums can stop him grin grin
Aeroplane engine reverses bro , it is one of the decending approach, once the flaps are set , the reverse is deployed wnen it touches the ground to reduce speed

We move.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Do you understand English?

You cannot raise money from a foreign source.
Oh shut up. Do you you honestly want to tell me every dime tinubu and atiku are spending on this is Nigerian naira? You honestly want to tell me they don’t spend dollars or whatever other currency there is on their current projects? If they do, were those notes made here or from outside? I repeat, Nigerians in Diaspora are not Foreigners. They are Nigerians with access to dollars just like Tinubu and Atiku have access to dollars. They all have funds from foreign sources if that is how you want to look at it.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by MartinsD12(m): 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2022
Igbojew:
You don't know this Tinubu urchins,they are the most foolish,useless and illiterate set of human being i have never seen in this Earth.Just look at the way are disgracing themselves thinking they are smart but they don't have anything upstairs..............I am that Igbojew
grin they are not smart at all I was waiting to see the caption like peter obi obident movement set up foreign funding for his campaign only for them to write jargons on
the pages of newspaper, are they even aware of what diaspora funding means I don't think they do , their illiteracy is such a shame .
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by igbowoman: 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2022
This tinubu guy is indeed shameless.
You tell all manner of lies about your background and education,openly bribe people to vote for your party and have the guts to point fingers.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by ifyakanu(m): 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
Section 85 of the Electoral Act is concerned with the holding of, or possession of funds abroad, by A POLITICAL PARTY, or the retention of such funds by a POLITICAL PARTY when remitted to THE POLITICAL PARTY from outside Nigeria. The punishments for infraction, statutorily provided in section 85(a) & (b) of the Electoral Act, 2022 are:

(a) forfeiture of the funds by the political party, and a fine of N5 million by the political party!

(b)payment of a fine of N1 million by "any OFFICIAL of the political party" who aids the political party to either hold funds outside Nigeria, or retain such funds belonging to the political party remitted to Nigeria, or imprisonment for a term of six months or both.

As a matter of fact, no offence is committed by a political party to which such "foreign funds" are remitted, unless that political party retains such funds, without transferring same to INEC, beyond 21 days from the date of receipt of the funds or asset. See s. 225(4) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

The Electoral Act has prescribed no sanctions whatsoever for the foreign contributors of such funds, or the person effectuating the remittance to the political party.

Now, Candidate Peter Obi is not an OFFICIAL of the Labour Party. The officials of a political party are those holding executive positions in the party, ie, members of its National, State, Local Government Executive committees, as well as members of the National, State and Local Govt Working committees. A candidate doesnt belong to any of these.

Nowhere in the Electoral Act is donation, or remittance, of funds from outside Nigeria to a CANDIDATE, or an individual, outlawed. And what an individual does with his own money is not Malami's business, provided that the individual, if he is a candidate for election, does not exceed the prescribed statutory limit on campaign spending.

Malami cannot read into the Electoral Act what is not there.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by ImperialYoruba: 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Oh shut up. Do you you honestly want to tell me every dime tinubu and atiku are spending on this is Nigerian naira? You honestly want to tell me they don’t spend dollars or whatever other currency there is on their current projects? If they do, were those notes made here or from outside? I repeat, Nigerians in Diaspora are not Foreigners. They are Nigerians with access to dollars just like Tinubu and Atiku have access to dollars. They all have funds from foreign sources if that is how you want to look at it.

grin. Yes nau, na naira.

Obi na jjc, he dey print invitation put gate price in dollar.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by Poleski: 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
They're so scared of Peter Obi. They should because it is more business as usual. They're going to lose billions in loot when Peter Obi becomes president.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding by kabasa24: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2022
Noooooo now they should allow him and pat to cash out this is there time, pat has shown him the way he used to obtained the diaspora every 4 4 years, but collectively they can make it big time' MMM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Datti joins Patience Jonathan, Buhari others in ‘Crying Hall Of Fame’ / Twin Bomb Blast In Jos, 44 Killed, 67 Injured (Photos) / Why PDP Campaign Posters Were Destroyed – Borno Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.