Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,683 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi (773 Views)

The Downfall Of Bola Tinubu... / Oshiomhole Leads Prayer For Rochas Okorocha's Downfall In Imo / Why Igbos Should Forget About 2023 Presidency – Uwazuruike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by Myer(m): 10:01pm On Sep 03, 2022
Before I jump off on this, I think we need to start right.

For anyone who has a good background of the history .of Nigeria since 1960 independence, it is easy to know that Igbos truly are marginalised in Nigeria.

But why?

Since the coup d'etat and the Biafran War that ensued we can understand why the powers that be have kept Igbos from ruling Nigeria.

Fast forward to today, then comes Peter Obi vying for the position of the President of Nigeria come 2023.
But while as a person and Nigerian, he is qualified to contest for the coming election, there are questions we need to answer ourselves with open hearts;

1. Who is Peter Obi?
2. What is his track record in his previous portfolios?
3. Peter Obi is an Igbo man from Anambra. Is he a Nigerian or Biafran?

When you can answer these questions without prejudice or sentiments, then you'll realise that maybe, this is not his time.

Also why do the majority of these guys Obidients (as they are called) notably look and sound like the same demographic as IPOBians?

Think about it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by Sergio104(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2022
To answer you straight...

So far we are all still covered by the Umbrella of "One Nigeria".......then no one is more Nigerian than the other.

The unnecessary linking of obi to IPOB is too petty I must say.

That obi supporters are going extreme sometimes is that most of them have seen the true meaning of frustration due to bad governance. So the messages of redemption must be passed either aggressively or calmly

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by mployer(m): 10:07pm On Sep 03, 2022
I feel your pain.

Obi is a Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by Viscuz: 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2022
Myer:

For anyone who has a good background of the history .of Nigeria since 1960 independence, it is easy to know that Igbos truly are marginalised in Nigeria.

But why?

Since the coup d'etat and the Biafran War that ensued we can understand why the powers that be have kept Igbos from ruling Nigeria.

Fast forward to today, then comes Peter Obi vying for the position of the President of Nigeria come 2023.
But while as a person and Nigerian, he is qualified to contest for the coming election, there are questions we need to answer ourselves with open hearts;

1. Who is Peter Obi?
3. Peter Obi is an Igbo man from Anambra. His he a Nigerian or Biafran?

When you can answer this questions without prejudice or sentiments, then you'll realise that maybe, this is not his time.

Also why are the majority of these guys Obideients (as they are called) notably looking like the same demograohis as IPOBians?

Think about it.

Cry more.

my tenants complained about your low volume

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by M4A1carbine: 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2022
Zombie heartache .....Next!!! grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by zaki2: 10:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
If you want to maintain your sanity just keep off from nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by XerXers: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
More Frustrations for Agbadorians

10 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by bhmw(m): 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2022
Oga, we are wise now...don't bring tribe to this 2023 election. It will never work. I am a Yoruba man...I am OBIDIENT. Obidient ni mi tokan tokan.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by lhordspy: 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by AdamuKD: 10:51pm On Sep 03, 2022
grin
We the reasonable youths has long past tribal and religion sentiments.
We want Nigeria to work and everybody knows including u that Obi is the best man for the job

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by Ddokie: 11:52pm On Sep 03, 2022
zaki2:

I agree totally with you.

There are some things you read on this platform and you get depressed just realizing that you and some people are from the same country.
Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by Jflex07(m): 12:55am On Sep 04, 2022
You guys will get tired.. All these propapanda are a waste of time.. It makes no difference as Obi is the choice of most Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by Myer(m): 4:57am On Sep 04, 2022
zaki2:

Exactly... and these are the same people who expect others to trust them with ruling Nigeria? Going as far as threatening everyone who doesn't support Obi. Even threatened to murder Reno's child cos he's not "obidient"?
That's not Democracy, that's Dictatorship.

I have nothing against Obi, but Obidients.
They act just like IPOBians and that speaks volumes.
Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by plaindealer: 5:00am On Sep 04, 2022
Sadly, they already are..........

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by Sonyboom765: 5:17am On Sep 04, 2022
Lame excuse to be foolish.
This is the reason why N250 million raw cash was caught in Peter Obi govt convoy while still a governor but fools like you refer to him as saint but bullion van going to Tinubu who left power to be a private citizen is seen as the thief in Igboland. Making lane excuses which you won't accept from other candidates then being deliberately foolish out of Igbotic tribal sentiment s

Sergio104:
To answer you straight...

So far we are all still covered by the Umbrella of "One Nigeria".......then no one is more Nigerian than the other.

The unnecessary linking of obi to IPOB is too petty I must say.

That obi supporters are going extreme sometimes is that most of them have seen the true meaning of frustration due to bad governance. So the messages of redemption must be passed either aggressively or calmly

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by ofeco: 6:34am On Sep 04, 2022
Myer:

But why?

1. Who is Peter Obi?

When you can answer these questions without prejudice or sentiments, then you'll realise that maybe, this is not his time.

Also why do the majority of these guys Obidients (as they are called) notably look and sound like the same demographic as IPOBians?

Think about it.

This is the most stupid post/person I have read/seen on naira land. What are the track records of Tinubu and Atiku? Is Tinubu Oduduwa or Nigeria? Is Atiku a Cameronian or Nigerian?
Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by ObaOfYorubaLand: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2022
Myer:

But why?

1. Who is Peter Obi?

Think about it.

The summary is that you're a lunatic who needs treatment.

Idiot, uou Yoruba have right to support any candidate of your choice but you think igbos shouldn't right?

You're very sick

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by 9japride(m): 8:10am On Sep 04, 2022
If politicians can pay N100m to delegates to buy their votes, then it's possible to recruit miscreants to post rubbish online to discourage Nigerians from escaping from bondage. Very wicked set of humans who suppose to live in the wild with animals. Even ants are more reasonable than all these zom.bie bigots.
Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by odduduwa: 8:34am On Sep 04, 2022
Only yorubas come openly to say they are first yorubas before being Nigerians , so
Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by SisterFire(f): 8:42am On Sep 04, 2022
But Boko Haram wasn't the downfall of buhari ?
Re: Why Igbos Are Going To Be The Downfall Of Peter Obi by Myer(m): 8:01am On Sep 06, 2022
odduduwa:
Only yorubas come openly to say they are first yorubas before being Nigerians , so
Another fake acvount of an Igbo tibalist masquerading as yoruba.

Anyone can scheme. But some tribes have integrity. But apparently integrity means nothing to igbos.

I've only met one igbo friend that has integrity. Besides him, others don't even want to hear the word integrity.

While you won't find every yoruba to have integrity, you'll find a handful of us. Why? Because we are not igbos. Our own culture forbids certain inhumanities.

(1) (Reply)

2023: Ensure Outcome Of Election Reflects People’s Desire – Atiku Tells INEC / Tinubu Failed Rally In Plateau State(video) / Why Are Obidients Campaigning For Tinubu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.