Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next (1782 Views)

I Bought A New Generator And Less Than 3days Am Having Issues With The AVR / ⏰⏳ SOLD 2018/2019 Hisense 49” Curved Ultra HD 4K Smart Satellite TV❗️❗️❗️ / Help: I Bought A New Freezer And I'm Not Sure It's Working Quite Good. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 10:18am On Sep 04, 2022
So, I just bought a new satellite TV and I suppose that means I can watch "cable" television/channels without buying or connecting a decoder. Well, I haven't been able to set it up as I don't really know what to do now. I tried Auto Tuning to get channels but no show. Thought maybe nairaland can help.
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by Untainted007: 10:30am On Sep 04, 2022
You will need a dish outside that will be set to get signals.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2022
Okay. I just gave to buy the dish and nothing more? It's there a particular type of dish I should buy? Sorry for the questions. It's my first time using this kind of stuff.
Untainted007:
You will need a dish outside that will be set to get signals.
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 11:23am On Sep 04, 2022
I just found what they call indoor digital antenna. Does anybody know if it's just as good as outdoor satellite dish?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by Untainted007: 11:29am On Sep 04, 2022
ibinaboonline:
Okay. I just gave to buy the dish and nothing more? It's there a particular type of dish I should buy? Sorry for the questions. It's my first time using this kind of stuff.

Preferably let a DSTV installer get the dish, LND and other items that may remain for you. Negotiate wit him but u can make ur finding abt th price befr giving it to him.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by smith4real1980: 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
Just get a dstv installer, they all know knw how to set it up,did mine for less than 10k,including installation.

3 Likes

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
Thanks. Much appreciated.
Untainted007:

Preferably let a DSTV installer get the dish, LND and other items that may remain for you. Negotiate wit him but u can make ur finding abt th price befr giving it to him.
Good luck
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
60cm dish size, I suppose.
smith4real1980:
Just get a dstv installer, they all know knw how to set it up,did mine for less than 10k,including installation.
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by smith4real1980: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
ibinaboonline:
60cm dish size, I suppose.
didnt get a dish,the installer used my already mounted dstv dish

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2022
Okay
smith4real1980:
didnt get a dish,the installer used my already mounted dstv dish
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by Marlodah(m): 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2022
How's it going now, do you now Access all the channels for free,,, please i need your help on this
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
Not yet. I posted this on a weekend. I'll hit the market tomorrow.
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2022
Latest Update:
So, I took you'all advice and got a DSTV installer to install the dish and connect to my TV. Thing worked like a charm. Even the guy was stunned by the many channels the TV cane with. Thanks, guys.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by Promxy94(m): 5:46am On Sep 08, 2022
ibinaboonline:
Latest Update:
So, I took you'all advice and got a DSTV installer to install the dish and connect to my TV. Thing worked like a charm. Even the guy was stunned by the many channels the TV cane with. Thanks, guys.

Wow, so you mean no decoder?. I remember I got a similar type of tv sometimes back, but didn't know much on how to go about getting the Dtv running. Just ended up using decoder and dish as normal tv.
Secondly if you don't mind, can we see how many channels you getting for free, and how clear they are. Pictorials evidence will be greatly appreciated if you provide.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by Montaque(m): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2022
Give us update on the set up and channels you can watch. I have a similar Tv and will need to try it out

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2022
You shouldn't have gotten a separate decoder if you already bought a satelite TV like mine. I don't know about "pictorial evidence" but I can tell you 105 channels are present, although many of those are African channels. My favorite is Aljazeera, anyway, so I'm perfectly happy with it. There's Sports DNA, Animals channel, MTV, MBC movies, Animation, you name it. And yes, they're all free.
Promxy94:

Wow, so you mean no decoder?. I remember I got a similar type of tv sometimes back, but didn't know much on how to go about getting the Dtv running. Just ended up using decoder and dish as normal tv.
Secondly if you don't mind, can we see how many channels you getting for free, and how clear they are. Pictorials evidence will be greatly appreciated if you provide.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2022
It has over a hundred channels, many of which are African. But this TV and the channels that come with it are far from boring. Foreign movies like "2" and MBC, sports, news channels, both local like Channels TV and TVC plus foreign like Aljazeera, etc, Nollywood, MTV and a few other music channels both gospel and secular, and many others. So, I think I'm perfectly fine with it as I can't even watch the whole thing. I wonder why people spend a fortune to get a million channels they hardly watch, anyway.
Montaque:
Give us update on the set up and channels you can watch. I have a similar Tv and will need to try it out

4 Likes

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by onyeka464: 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2022
ibinaboonline:
So, I just bought a new satellite TV and I suppose that means I can watch "cable" television/channels without buying or connecting a decoder. Well, I haven't been able to set it up as I don't really know what to do now. I tried Auto Tuning to get channels but no show. Thought maybe nairaland can help.
I’m an installer I can track free to air channels for you
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by Montaque(m): 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2022
ibinaboonline:
It has over a hundred channels, many of which are African. But this TV and the channels that come with it are far from boring. Foreign movies like "2" and MBC, sports, news channels, both local like Channels TV and TVC plus foreign like Aljazeera, etc, Nollywood, MTV and a few other music channels both gospel and secular, and many others. So, I think I'm perfectly fine with it as I can't even watch the whole thing. I wonder why people spend a fortune to get a million channels they hardly watch, anyway.

Wow. I watched MBC as a kid. Are you in Lagos or how do I get the technician to my base in Lagos? I need this asap
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by Montaque(m): 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2022
onyeka464:

I’m an installer I can track free to air channels for you

Are you in Lagos?
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
Any of those guys that do gotv or DStv sales and installation should be able to do it for you. Even if you walk into a dstv office, a technician there will come you to your home as long as you but a dish there.
Montaque:

Wow. I watched MBC as a kid. Are you in Lagos or how do I get the technician to my base in Lagos? I need this asap
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by amstamon: 11:24pm On Sep 08, 2022
I have a Samsung smart TV, don't know if it would work as a satlite tv. Or is there any special TV knows only as satlite TV?
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by ibinaboonline: 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2022
Maybe they can develop a technology that combines satellite and smart capabilities in one TV but I've never seen one yet. Mine is specifically a satellite TV, which essentially means it has in-built decoder.
amstamon:
I have a Samsung smart TV, don't know if it would work as a satlite tv. Or is there any special TV knows only as satlite TV?

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by onyeka464: 12:26am On Sep 15, 2022
Montaque:

Are you in Lagos?
Yes
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by Montaque(m): 4:26am On Sep 15, 2022
onyeka464:

Yes
Okay. Please let's chat on WhatsApp 08035590702
Re: I Bought A Satellite TV But Don't Know What To Do Next by pat077: 6:00am On Sep 15, 2022
ibinaboonline:
Maybe they can develop a technology that combines satellite and smart capabilities in one TV but I've never seen one yet. Mine is specifically a satellite TV, which essentially means it has in-built decoder.
what is your tv brand? And how can one get the type?

(1) (Reply)

Infocus 2600ansi Lumens X16 Projector 7000hours At 50k / Hp Pavilion Dv7-4152si Entertainment Notebook Pc / Htc 7 Mozart For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.