Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago (49969 Views)

Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues / Flooding About To Collapse A House In Imo As Woman Cries For Ihedioha’s Help / Victims Killed In Lagos Building Collapse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by VanuatuWycombe: 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tryingtime:
See how thin the building looks

With no strong pillars. It needs at least 15 meters’ strong foundation deep into the ground. The materials used are also inferior.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2022
Contractor failed to abide by the principles of BODMAS while erecting the building.

Please kindly decongest Lagos.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2022
meobizy:
At least it was a step to mitigate the risk. He could then report online that the police were informed, deepening the sentiment that our police force is utterly useless.

He tried by bringing it up on Twitter. The appropriate authority should have taken action but they are ridden with corruption.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Julianaa: 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
Sad
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by donbenie(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
AbizzZ:
Nairaland didn't help as well.
If it had made front page, relevant offices could have come across it. But it's not snake related, not about BBnaija nor any of those concocted relationship issues. It shouldn't make front page.
Is Nairaland now Twitter or what?
A tweet on Twitter and you are blaming Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Igbojew: 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
Massiveglory:
Probably those who are supposed to take note of such building and warnings were engaged in digging for what to use against Peter obi.
You got it right,exactly same thing that run my mind too.They always looking for fault from not only Peter Obi but entire Igbos while their own place is not safe,evil and pathetic tribe.............I am that Igbojew

1 Like

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Kajaard: 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:
Loooooool, if that is actually the said building, then I'm sorry to say, it deserved to fall... See as e stand like those tall thin village drunkards in Nollywood movies

Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by iwaeda: 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
politicoNG:
A twitter user @kanmi64671141, four days ago, complained about the structure of the building that caved in today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZIBNf6lGig

https://twitter.com/Kanmi64671141/status/1564932301594689537?t=NlWEoSg4uS6tMeYM-WN4rw&s=19

LASBCA is just after money, after people building good structures, but not quacks littering Lagos Islands grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by richie240: 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
Send d 6k now so dt we know u mean biznaze!
cool

Bxaxha8:
Yoo! Preaching the scam gospel!!
If you don't close clients & make $ within a week, I'll send you 6k... cool Proofs attached cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Successkay12(m): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
Realist12:
it's getting clearer that Obi supporters can only score points with negative news , while Tinubu supporters score points with positive news . Just take notice of trends and news , we all saw how they were rejoicing with floods in Lagos, while Tinubu supporters praise him when good news takes place in Lagos. It's best to be on the side of positivity for our mental health . They have been conditioned to act that way due to the fact that Obi has no positive legacies .
Don't mind them. They keep bringing Obi to all trends Nairaland as if d election is going to place on Nairaland
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Igbojew: 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
donbenie:
Is Nairaland now Twitter or what?
A tweet on Twitter and you are blaming Nairaland?
Yes he is blaming Nairaland because people like you that derived so much joy and time to find fault or scrutinized whatever Peter Obi or Igbos did could have as well you that same time to call out the owner of this quack building but because he is your fellow Yoruba kinsman you Yorubas will shield him but had it been it was in any South East States such thing happen you and your people will blame it on Peter Obi.Evil and wicked tribe like you,spits!!!!................I am that Igbojew the table shaker
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Emperoo: 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
AbizzZ:
Nairaland didn't help as well.
If it had made front page, relevant offices could have come across it. But it's not snake related, not about BBnaija nor any of those concocted relationship issues. It shouldn't make front page.

Funny you...
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by themanderon: 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
I only pity that one storey by the side. The greed of Nigerians is out of this world. Human lives count for nothing when it comes to acquiring more and more money albeit dubiously.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by jojothaiv(m): 8:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
I'm from a place,
We doubt faith just to test faith.
We break laws just to test it's consequences.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Eriokanmi: 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2022
Check very well. A politian fit be d owner. No ordinary lagosian can erect such a building in such an area if not a key person. I hope investigation's report won't be swept under the carpet or later become controversial like that of fourscore collapsed building in ikoyi

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Nationsdaddy: 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2022
Nigeria
jojothaiv:
I'm from a place,
We doubt faith just to test faith.
We break laws just to test it's consequences.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by gasparpisciotta: 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
Doesn’t look like the same building to me
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Cutehector(m): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
Fact number 1.

I would never hire Yoruba architects and artisans to build any structure for me.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by davodyguy: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
Pidginwhisper:
The building Agency would leave structures like these after taking huge bribes and be chasing small hustling businessmen building bungalows just to put roofs on their heads in small developing CDAs just to steal from them. The bastards have informant in each CDA giving them info about buildings being built.
Building control agency is expected to go after everyone for illegal construction

1 Like

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Btruth: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
Ile werey!
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by icancasestudy: 9:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
We are the source of our own problems in this country. The other day a tricycle driver increased fare unjustly for no reason and because we have been waiting in the sun we had no choice but to pay.

Now the i.dio.t who own and built this house would have known what he/she is doing is wrong but looking for Gvt to correct him. Why nah? Can't we just be responsible for once as individuals then the lapses can be taken to the Gvt.

I also blame all the landlords in the neighborhood too.

We are the source of our own problems.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Pidginwhisper: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
davodyguy:

Building control agency is expected to go after everyone for illegal construction
Trust me bro they’re not doing their jobs, even those with illegal structures are being disturbed just because they want you to part with something. What would’ve stopped them from sealing that building off if not for bribe they’ve taken to look away. They tried it on my site and i told them I won’t give them a penny, they left because they were informed about who i am. If i felt something isn’t right i would’ve done the needful but they made up and excuse and I countered them.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by JewsAreSatanic: 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
Instead of concrete support beans they used cinder blocks .

Nah real wah for this country
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Perfecttouchade: 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2022
This building looks like a building without concrete pillars, all I see is blocks in a place where concrete casting are supposed to be.. SMH
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Bankpower: 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2022
Very true

Pidginwhisper:
The building Agency would leave structures like these after taking huge bribes and be chasing small hustling businessmen building bungalows just to put roofs on their heads in small developing CDAs just to steal from them. The bastards have informant in each CDA giving them info about buildings being built.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Perfecttouchade: 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:
Instead of concrete support beans they used cinder blocks .

Nah real wah for this country
Thesame thing I just told someone after seeing the pictures

1 Like

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by franchasofficia: 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
Massiveglory:
Probably those who are supposed to take note of such building and warnings were engaged in digging for what to use against Peter obi.
Even Lagos State Governor Sanwo-olu have relegated his job as a Governor and now follows Emilokan about to disburse money as requested from the Lagos landlord
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by raphy(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
The owner wanted to use the building to check if there's was God in heaven..
Baba God say u are coming too close so go down...this month the thing collapse on a Sunday.....

May the soul of the departed R I.P AMEN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by larrypourl(m): 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
Be like say dem use block do pillars. No visible concrete pillar. Terrible.
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
The structural Engineers and the approving authority for this project should be charged with murder. No accountability in Nigeria and that is reason we still have this kind of incidents. To much lawlessness in the country!
Re: Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago by Collinsbill(m): 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
That is the reason it is good to have builders' liability insurance in case of any inventuality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Latest Pictures Of Eko Atlantic International Commerce City, Will Shock You / The 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Abuja / Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.