Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Boerboel Feeding. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Boerboel Feeding. (2779 Views)

White Woman Feeding Her Puppy At A Fast Food In Onitsha (Pictures) / New Boerboel Owner; Suggest Feeding And Care / Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
Can someone kindly help me with the quantity of food a 15weeks old boerboel should be eating in relation to cup amounts.
Currently she eats 2cups of kibble a day mixed with minced chicken. Any guide is welcome.
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by KingAfo(m): 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2022
What kind of kibbles. And what quality is your Boerboel?
If the quality is not very good don’t expect magic.
But I will recommend Royal canine kibble. If that’s a bit pricey for you then go for PROPAC. 2 peak milk tin with chicken in the morning and 2 tins with rice in the evening

1 Like

Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
She’s a purebred brindle boerboel. At the moment it’s propac I feed her that was what was recommended to me initially. About the feeding I use the propac cup to measure so if you can give me the feeding instructions again using the cup size of propac I’ll be grateful and please she’s 15weeks old. The two cups of kibble I give her she barely finishes it. She ends up finishing the second cup between 11pm and 12 midnight.
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 8:11am On Sep 06, 2022
Please I’ve been waiting for your feedback @KingAfo or anyone else with experience with a boerboel please share with me.

1 Like

Re: Boerboel Feeding. by wizi44(m): 10:27am On Sep 06, 2022
freelance223:
She’s a purebred brindle boerboel. At the moment it’s propac I feed her that was what was recommended to me initially. About the feeding I use the propac cup to measure so if you can give me the feeding instructions again using the cup size of propac I’ll be grateful and please she’s 15weeks old. The two cups of kibble I give her she barely finishes it. She ends up finishing the second cup between 11pm and 12 midnight.
if you can reduce the amount of feed to say a cup morning, then monitor, if she finishes the food, add say half cup, leaving food out in the open isn't nice, some pathogens might get in. You can share her pictures
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2022
This is her. I was thinking she’s not even eating enough and she should be eating more than 2cups actually. If I go by what you are suggesting she may end up eating about 1 cup a day is that okay?

Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2022
wizi44:
if you can reduce the amount of feed to say a cup morning, then monitor, if she finishes the food, add say half cup, leaving food out in the open isn't nice, some pathogens might get in. You can share her pictures

@wizi44 Please I hope you have not deserted me as well.
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by wizi44(m): 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
freelance223:

@wizi44 Please I hope you have not deserted me as well.
of course not I usually come online at night, by what you said about her eating just a cup, have you tried some stimulating stuff like meat or meat stock, basically something that will make her want to eat
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 8:12am On Sep 08, 2022
wizi44:
of course not I usually come online at night, by what you said about her eating just a cup, have you tried some stimulating stuff like meat or meat stock, basically something that will make her want to eat

Thanks for coming back. It’s two cups that she eats a day not one. I mix her kibble with minced chicken. Or are you suggesting I give her just meat? And per her pictures what do you think about her size at 15weeks?
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by KingAfo(m): 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2022
freelance223:
Please I’ve been waiting for your feedback @KingAfo or anyone else with experience with a boerboel please share with me.
What experience again?
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by KingAfo(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2022
freelance223:
Let me see the parent pictures
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2022
KingAfo:

What experience again?

I was asking for other people with experience about the feeding because I wasn’t hearing from you.
The picture of her parents is attached.

Re: Boerboel Feeding. by wizi44(m): 1:47am On Sep 10, 2022
freelance223:

Thanks for coming back. It’s two cups that she eats a day not one. I mix her kibble with minced chicken. Or are you suggesting I give her just meat? And per her pictures what do you think about her size at 15weeks?
quite impressive( her size I mean), oh nice you are on a right track then with that combo but since you said she doesn't finish the food at once, can you split that two cups into three, give her in the morning she finishes it, then in the afternoon, then at night
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 6:43am On Sep 10, 2022
wizi44:
quite impressive( her size I mean), oh nice you are on a right track then with that combo but since you said she doesn't finish the food at once, can you split that two cups into three, give her in the morning she finishes it, then in the afternoon, then at night

I was thinking she wasn’t eating enough and she was small for her age but if you think her size is okay then probably the two cups are okay. Thanks a lot. I will split her meals like you are suggesting.
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by wizi44(m): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2022
freelance223:

I was thinking she wasn’t eating enough and she was small for her age but if you think her size is okay then probably the two cups are okay. Thanks a lot. I will split her meals like you are suggesting.
okay then
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by KingAfo(m): 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2022
freelance223:

I was asking for other people with experience about the feeding because I wasn’t hearing from you.
The picture of her parents is attached.
Your pup is good. But I’m sorry not 100%.
Continue with propac and chicken or canned Jojo puppy. Or propac mixed with cooked rice.
Propac will do a great job
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by KingAfo(m): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2022
This is what a pure breed looks like. A pedigree pup.
At 2months.
Don’t feel bad but treat her well abs mate her with better male for good result.

1 Like

Re: Boerboel Feeding. by ebonyoyas(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2022
Cute pup
KingAfo:
At 2months.
Don’t feel bad but treat her well abs mate her with better male for good result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boerboel Feeding. by harmargedon: 2:09pm On Sep 10, 2022
KingAfo:
At 2months.
where's the DNA result as proof of pure breed. Nigerians sha.
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2022
KingAfo:

Continue with propac and chicken or canned Jojo puppy. Or propac mixed with cooked rice.

Do more research on boerboel’s you’ll realise there are four different types. Because the boerboel breed came about as a result of a mixture of about 4 different breeds. The type you posted is one, the mastiff type, the hound type is another. I suspect mine is the hound type. My pup checks all the boxes for the specs of a boerboel according to AKC. Research you’ll see for yourself.
Better still check this article out https://thisbugslife.com/2013/04/14/different-kinds-of-boerboels/amp/
It doesn’t just give you the types of boerboel’s it adds worldwide recognised boerboel’s and which type they fell under.
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by harmargedon: 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2022
KingAfo:

how do you know it's not 100 percent?
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by KingAfo(m): 11:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
harmargedon:
how do you know it's not 100 percent?
https://www.nairaland.com/2844297/new-litter-hurray
I’ve been breeding Boerboel since 2013.
A know a little about them.
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 10:28am On Sep 11, 2022
KingAfo:

I don’t doubt and will never question your experience but before I got this dog if I tell you the research I put into it you wouldn’t believe. I love dogs, every thing there is to read about dogs I come across I read or I search for more specifically I rely on the AKC a lot and what I can’t find by my personal research I ask people with the experience. Even after I saw the dog at the breeders end I took another month to get it from the breeder. Within that one month I made enquiries about the breeder and further investigations.
The breeder has been breeding boerboel’s for for over 20years and he breeds only boerboel’s because he doesn’t want to have any other breed that will cross with his boerboel’s. He is very particular about that.
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by KingAfo(m): 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
freelance223:

I don’t doubt and will never question your experience but before I got this dog if I tell you the research I put into it you wouldn’t believe. I love dogs, every thing there is to read about dogs I come across I read or I search for more specifically I rely on the AKC a lot and what I can’t find by my personal research I ask people with the experience. Even after I saw the dog at the breeders end I took another month to get it from the breeder. Within that one month I made enquiries about the breeder and further investigations.
The breeder has been breeding boerboel’s for for over 20years and he breeds only boerboel’s because he doesn’t want to have any other breed that will cross with his boerboel’s. He is very particular about that.
Ask the breeder if the pup is pedigree. If he says yes. Ask for his pedigree details and let’s google it
Some breeders might be breeding for 10-20years and might not improve in their breeding. As long as money is coming they don’t see any reason to improve the breed.
This is exactly what the South African guy that came for appraisal told us in Abuja. ( we must improve the breed)
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by KingAfo(m): 11:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
Check this out as well. There are reason these pups are like this. And there’s a reason you are not getting the results you want even after buying expensive food for her.
No disrespect bro. I love your passion and zeal. Take good care of your pup and mate her with a pedigree make when she’s grown.

Re: Boerboel Feeding. by harmargedon: 6:36am On Sep 12, 2022
KingAfo:

then you should know that DNA test are the only proof to certify that a dog is full breed and not by looks.
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2022
harmargedon:
then you should know that DNA test are the only proof to certify that a dog is full breed and not by looks.

Exactly. He doesn’t do any research. He doesn’t get it. It’s not all about experience he needs to do some research. The article I sent in I doubt he even read it. It’s not by looks we judge a purebred. People just don’t get that. I’ve had a Maltese for two years. One breeder was talking about maltese and was like what nonsense is he saying, he may breed maltese but he didn’t know anything about them. You own the dog but you don’t do any research. Breeders should do their research. Very important.

1 Like

Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 9:23am On Sep 12, 2022
KingAfo:
Check this out as well. There are reason these pups are like this. And there’s a reason you are not getting the results you want even after buying expensive food for her.
No disrespect bro. I love your passion and zeal. Take good care of your pup and mate her with a pedigree make when she’s grown.

I sent you a link if you really care about dog’s specifically boerboel’s you would take a few minutes of your time to read it and know more about the breed. It’s not all about experience. Read about what you breed. Will help a lot. It will help you and your dogs. Boerboel’s have four blood lines. Read it in good faith.
I even almost forgot. You do know she is a brindle right? And the brindle is a gene not just a colour? If you should do research you’ll realise most often the fawn boerboel’s look bigger than the brindles in puppy hood. Also read about the brindle gene.

1 Like

Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2022
She will be 4 months this Wednesday.

2 Likes

Re: Boerboel Feeding. by KingAfo(m): 11:44am On Sep 12, 2022
freelance223:

I sent you a link if you really care about dog’s specifically boerboel’s you would take a few minutes of your time to read it and know more about the breed. It’s not all about experience. Read about what you breed. Will help a lot. It will help you and your dogs. Boerboel’s have four blood lines. Read it in good faith.
I even almost forgot. You do know she is a brindle right? And the brindle is a gene not just a colour? If you should do research you’ll realise most often the fawn boerboel’s look bigger than the brindles in puppy hood. Also read about the brindle gene.
Alright boss
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by KingAfo(m): 11:45am On Sep 12, 2022
freelance223:
She will be 4 months this Wednesday.
Looking healthy
Kudos to you
Re: Boerboel Feeding. by freelance223: 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2022
KingAfo:

Looking healthy
Kudos to you

Thank you very much. I’m trying to get pictures of her litter mates, the fawn ones. You’ll see they are as big as your fawn boerboel at puppy hood. What I have is a video and it was focused on the brindle I wanted so you won’t see them very well but in case I don’t get the pictures I’ll take a screenshot of the video like that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Registered Male Puppy Boerboel For Sale / 2 month Boerboel For Sale 50k (2 Remaining) / Pics Of A 31 Foot Crocodile Caught Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.