Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos (892 Views)

Elisha Abbo: Reactions As Remi Tinubu Makes Panel / Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React / Remi Tinubu Ordained As RCCG Pastor As Bola Tinubu Attends Convention (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by GeorgesDiary(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2022
In Lagos, you won't hear Igbos and Yorubas fighting. You'll always hear of the Hausa communities and Yorubas fighting. Yet, some deceitful elements will keep heating up tribalistic remarks against the Igbos. For what reason exactly? I know... Jealousy and envy of the progress the Igbos have been able to make for themselves in Lagos.

In Nigeria, the Igbo people are the only ethnic group who has more speakers of other Nigerian languages. Many Igbos can speak Yoruba and Hausa and only a fewer Yorubas and Hausas can speak Igbo. I know Igbos who can speak Yoruba well more than their own languages.
What exactly have the Igbos done to deserve the hate and mockery they always get from some other people? It's simply jealousy.

But let me also warn you. We shouldn't generalize that Yorubas hate Igbos, they don't! Many prominent Yoruba families married Igbo women and more Yoruba families are willing to give out their daughters in marriage to Igbos.

Many Yorubas speak well of Igbos and trust Igbos enough to hand over sensitive positions to them. Afenifere is a Yoruba socio-cultural group and has stood behind Igbos! Many people in North Central also love the Igbos and are always willing to do business with the Igbos.
Yes, some people hate the Igbos because of jealousy. They hate that Igbos come to a place dominated by them and succeed as though they are indigenous to that place. They hate that Igbos come to their places and become more successful than some of them but we must not generalize. Let every hater bear the consequences of their hatred, we must not make it a tribal thing.

The Igbos must be careful not to play into the enemy's script! Many non-Igbos are promoting an Igbo candidate. Many non-Igbos are criticizing Mrs. Bat for her silly remarks.

So, as much as we call out Igbophobia being championed by politicians for political gains, we must always commend and promote unity and inter-ethnic relationships.

I never wanted to marry an Igbo, I wanted to Marry a Yoruba, Hausa or a woman, or another ethnic group. But time, place, and chance didn't let that happen and I've sworn to encourage all my kids to marry from other ethnic groups (if they wish) to promote unity and see that we are all one people.

Remi's remark should be regarded as Remi's remark and not Yoruba's opinion towards the Igbos.

Ya gazie.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by ImperialYoruba: 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2022
GeorgesDiary:
In Lagos, you won't hear Igbos and Yorubas fighting. You'll always hear of the Hausa communities and Yorubas fighting. Yet, some deceitful elements will keep heating up tribalistic remarks against the Igbos. For what reason exactly? I know... Jealousy and envy of the progress the Igbos have been able to make for themselves in Lagos.

In Nigeria, the Igbo people are the only ethnic group who has more speakers of other Nigerian languages. Many Igbos can speak Yoruba and Hausa and only a fewer Yorubas and Hausas can speak Igbo. I know Igbos who can speak Yoruba well more than their own languages.
What exactly have the Igbos done to deserve the hate and mockery they always get from some other people? It's simply jealousy.

But let me also warn you. We shouldn't generalize that Yorubas hate Igbos, they don't! Many prominent Yoruba families married Igbo women and more Yoruba families are willing to give out their daughters in marriage to Igbos.

Many Yorubas speak well of Igbos and trust Igbos enough to hand over sensitive positions to them. Afenifere is a Yoruba socio-cultural group and has stood behind Igbos! Many people in North Central also love the Igbos and are always willing to do business with the Igbos.
Yes, some people hate the Igbos because of jealousy. They hate that Igbos come to a place dominated by them and succeed as though they are indigenous to that place. They hate that Igbos come to their places and become more successful than some of them but we must not generalize. Let every hater bear the consequences of their hatred, we must not make it a tribal thing.

The Igbos must be careful not to play into the enemy's script! Many non-Igbos are promoting an Igbo candidate. Many non-Igbos are criticizing Mrs. Bat for her silly remarks.

So, as much as we call out Igbophobia being championed by politicians for political gains, we must always commend and promote unity and inter-ethnic relationships.

I never wanted to marry an Igbo, I wanted to Marry a Yoruba, Hausa or a woman, or another ethnic group. But time, place, and chance didn't let that happen and I've sworn to encourage all my kids to marry from other ethnic groups (if they wish) to promote unity and see that we are all one people.

Remi's remark should be regarded as Remi's remark and not Yoruba's opinion towards the Igbos.

Ya gazie.

Yorubas anywhere are successful, at home or abroad.

Ibo is only successful when in Yorubaland. We are not pointing this out to take credit but your affront and insolence makes it imperative we put you in your place right away.

You will end up leaving Yorubaland. Did Obi not leave a legacy in Anambra better than Tinubu did for Lagos? Return to village and the legacies left behind by Obi. Do you hear me?

5 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 05, 2022
Change your topic from “Igbo of Lagos” to “igbo IN lagos”
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2022
This man ehn
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by dammywume(f): 12:49pm On Sep 05, 2022
I dont know when we will learn. let love lead.
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by dammywume(f): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2022
I dont know when we will learn. let love lead.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by somridoor: 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2022
Tinubu oooo
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by CaptainAyub: 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Ibo is only successful when in Yorubaland. We are not pointing this out to take credit but your affront and insolence makes it imperative we put you in your place right away.

You will end up leaving Yorubaland. Did Obi not leave a legacy in Anambra better than Tinubu did for Lagos? Return to village and the legacies left behind by Obi. Do you hear me?
You go dey here de deceive yourself while your elder brother is negotiating to sell the mud house in Abule inherited from your grandfather,to Chukwudi your tenant,who will soon break it down and build a big mansion grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by paramakina202: 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

You lied at the bolded statement,Igbos are even more successful in the North than in Yorubaland from Abuja,Kaduna,Sokoto to Kano Igbo success is scattered in every corner of Nigeria.
Igbos are not going to abandon Lagos to Thief Tinübü and his witch of a wife and other jealous urchins who are dreaming of stealing Igbo properties,it will never happen.

3 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by GeorgesDiary(m): 1:08pm On Sep 05, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Do I expect anything better from someone whose heart is filled with hate? A political troll who is good at nothing than hate? Nobody is arguing success with you BUT the facts are there to see. Igbos are not inferior people, they do well anywhere in the world. And no, NOT YOU or ANYONE will make me go so slow into dragging an entire ethnic group for the hate of some folks. Yorubas are great people and those of you who walk in hate regardless of your numbers do not speak for the entire Yoruba people.

Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by ElSudani: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2022
paramakina202:

You lied at the bolded statement,Igbos are even more successful in the North than in Yorubaland from Abuja,Kaduna,Sokoto to Kano Igbo success is scattered in every corner of Nigeria.
Igbos are not going to abandon Lagos to Thief Tinübü and his witch of wife and other jealous urchins who are dreaming of stealing Igbo properties,it will never happen.

That means Nnamdi Kanu is on his own now. Abi the agitation is on hold till Obi lule ni February.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by paramakina202: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
ElSudani:

That means Nnamdi Kanu is on his own now. Abi the agitation is on hold till Obi lule ni February.

What has MNK agitation get to do with the topic?
At this moment there are over 4 million Igbos in Cameroon working and doing business there.
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by ImperialYoruba: 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
paramakina202:

Igbos are not going to abandon Lagos to Thief Tinübü and his witch of a wife and other jealous urchins who are dreaming of stealing Igbo properties,it will never happen.

The point is, Yoruba succeeds at home and anywhere. Hausa/Fulani succeeds at home and anywhere. Ibo does not succeed anywhere. To succeed Ibo must migrate out of iboland to go find success elsewhere.

Upon this knowledge, you still prop your failed Anambra as a better development than states in Yoruba or Hausaland. Your ego gets better of you and you start to equate yourself as somebody.

Pack your nylon bag you came to Lagos with, i will pay for your ticket back home. Just get out!
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by richie240: 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2022
akinremiayomide:
Change your topic from "Igbo of Lagos” to “igbo IN lagos”
He's codedly telling u dt we have Lagos igbos nah.

Shebi they've bn saying that Lagos is a 'nomansland'.

In the nearest future they'll be dragging governance with yorubas nah.

Nice observation from u!
cool
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by paramakina202: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

The point is, Yoruba succeeds at home and anywhere. Hausa/Fulani succeeds at home and anywhere. Ibo does not succeed anywhere. To succeed Ibo must migrate out of iboland to go find success elsewhere.

Upon this knowledge, you still prop your failed Anambra as a better development than states in Yoruba or Hausaland. Your ego gets better of you and you start to equate yourself as somebody.

Pack your nylon bag you came to Lagos with, i will pay for your ticket back home. Just get out!

Stop hallucinating ndi Igbo are in Lagos to stay nothing Tinubu and his witch of a wife can do about it they are not even from Lagos.
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by BATified2023: 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2022
CaptainAyub:

You go dey here de deceive yourself while your elder brother is negotiating to sell the mud house in Abule inherited from your grandfather,to Chukwudi your tenant,who will soon break it down and build a big mansion grin
this is what u igbos console yourself with

No wonder u are hated throughout d world

Do u remember it was an Igbo man killed like a fowl in broad daylight on the street of Italy

The same igbos been killed n jailed in Asia

Same igbos that aren’t wanted in South Africa,Ghana n c
Have u ever wondered y it is so?
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by CaptainAyub: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2022
BATified2023:
this is what u igbos console yourself with

No wonder u are hated throughout d world

Do u remember it was an Igbo man killed like a fowl in broad daylight on the street of Italy

The same igbos been killed n jailed in Asia

Same igbos that aren’t wanted in South Africa,Ghana n c
Have u ever wondered y it is so?
Do yiu remember Wakili killed ofonja moozlems and chased some into Benin republic? cheesy
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2022
CaptainAyub:

no one sells land to chinedu
Even if land is been sold to him,
Omo oniles are coming to frustrate him kikiki
His so called mansion would be brought down is sec
Go ask what happens to the ibos in jakande recently
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by Patriotsleague: 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2022
Igbos are the ones that hate, yourubas no get una time. Underdogs always hate the superior dog. Igbos get off your high horse, no one gives a Bleep about you, you people have obnoxious character, and quite a poor mentality.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by GeorgesDiary(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Igbos are the ones that hate, yourubas no get una time. Underdogs always hate the superior dog. Igbos get off your high horse, no one gives a Bleep about you, you people have obnoxious character, and quite a poor mentality.

Yes, it's the "high horse" that made Oba of Lagos threaten to throw Igbos into the Lagoon if they don't vote his candidates ?

It's the high horse that prompted Mrs Tinubu to make the unfortunate remark she made about Igbos?

Please! You guys should stop fanning the flames of tribalism and at the end blaming the Igbos?

Many Yoruba folks are agitating that the lands Igbos bought be taken away from them. Did these Igbos force you to sell your lands? Did they steal it from you? What stops you from going toAsaba, Anambra or Enugu to also but lands? Isn't that how to foster unity?

The stronghold of tribalism and hate in this country has to end! It's so sad that after many years of so called independence, people will still be demeaning others because of where they come from!

It's said. School me again on how no one gives a Bleep about Igbos.
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by Christistruth00: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2022
GeorgesDiary:

Ya gazie.

I understand your message but IPOB launched an attack on Lagos that it really needs to address instead of denying
Igbos denials are increasing Suspicion that Igbos attempt to destroy Lagos on Kanu’s orders are still being perfected
especially when one sees the Carnage and Destruction that Kanu and IPOB have unleashed on their
own Region especially the Reckless abandon with which IPOB murdered Security Agents

Kanu Ordered IPOB to break into Jails and release Prisoners and in Lagos that Night the highest Casualties happened when some People broke into a Prison and the Prisoners attempted to escape just like IPOB had done in the SE

If IPOB believes they are free to burn down the 2nd Niger Bridge, Onitsha and Aba as part their right to freedom of speech and expression though we will not advise them to do so
they must not touch lagos or anywhere outside of the SE ,
it is out of bounds for IPOB
Lagos and the SW are not Part of Biafra

Nnamdi kanu in his October 2020 Broadcast ordering IPOB to destroy lagos said as Long as the Government of lagos is still standing Igbos revolution can never succeed he also ordered the killing of Tinubu and Sanwo Olu

This is the audio

AUTHENTIC audio below are Nnamdi kanu's orders to ipob on live Radio during Endsars Protests

1 hr 1 min Shut down the British Embassy in Abuja, Occupy it.B

1hr 35Mins
Destroy every bridge and kill all Police

1hr 46 mins
burn down Tinubu’s hotel

1 hr 42 min
Burn down Nitel building and all Govt buildings in lagos, burn down Muritala Mohammed Airport

1hr 39 min kanu ordered ipob to Kill any Army Officer and manufacture Weapons

1hr 47 min Tinubu must go down

1hr 52 min
kanu Confirmed information that Cele and Orile police Stations In lagos are on fire and Is delighted

Orders ipob to use green white green and blood as the Nigerian flag.

Tells ipob to target Tinubu and Sanwo Olu and their Children

1 hr 56 min
block every road kill Sabotuers

2hr.00 min
Destroy everything holding the Economy of Nigeria. Burn all pipelines

2.hr09 min
Kill the Army in Lekki [/b]Claims 15 people were killed in Lekki.,Set Dangote Trucks on Fire.

2.hr 15 min
[b] Burn down Every Federal Govt Building attack Police.

2hr 18 mins
Describes again how to make Molotov Cocktail bombs

2hr20min kanu asks where are the ipob People with Double barrel guns in Abuja?

2 hr 22 min
ipob will make an example of Ikpeazu and Sanwo Olu all Tinubu’s nvestments should be destroyed

2hr 24min build bombs and lay them by the roadside

2 hr 32 min kill any Governor that declares Curfew

2hr 56min
kanu says Tinubu’s hotel is on fire on his orders

3 hr 09 mins
burn everything Tinubu owns and Dangote Trucks the war has started

Every Police Station must go down

destroy all Federal Government Property burn down Lekki Toll Gate destroy Dangote refinery burn every Pastors Church that supports one Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktk4uXmlOLs
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by naijaseeker: 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

*Shame on you, Tinubu rat*. Your ethnic drumming will not work. You will wallow in shame with Remi Tinubu. Shame, shame to ethnic rat.
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by naijaseeker: 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
Christistruth00:

I understand your message but IPOB launched an attack on Lagos that it really needs to address instead of denying
Igbos denials are increasing Suspicion that Igbos attempt to destroy Lagos on Kanu’s orders are still being perfected
especially when one sees the Carnage and Destruction that Kanu and IPOB have unleashed on their
own Region especially the Reckless abandon with which IPOB murdered Security Agents

Kanu Ordered IPOB to break into Jails and release Prisoners and in Lagos that Night the highest Casualties happened when some People broke into a Prison and the Prisoners attempted to escape just like IPOB had done in the SE

If IPOB believes they are free to burn down the 2nd Niger Bridge, Onitsha and Aba as part their right to freedom of speech and expression though we will not advise them to do so
they must not touch lagos or anywhere outside of the SE ,
it is out of bounds for IPOB
Lagos and the SW are not Part of Biafra

Nnamdi kanu in his October 2020 Broadcast ordering IPOB to destroy lagos said as Long as the Government of lagos is still standing Igbos revolution can never succeed he also ordered the killing of Tinubu and Sanwo Olu

This is the audio

AUTHENTIC audio below are Nnamdi kanu's orders to ipob on live Radio during Endsars Protests

1 hr 1 min Shut down the British Embassy in Abuja, Occupy it.B

1hr 35Mins
Destroy every bridge and kill all Police

1hr 46 mins
burn down Tinubu’s hotel

1 hr 42 min
Burn down Nitel building and all Govt buildings in lagos, burn down Muritala Mohammed Airport

1hr 39 min kanu ordered ipob to Kill any Army Officer and manufacture Weapons

1hr 47 min Tinubu must go down

1hr 52 min
kanu Confirmed information that Cele and Orile police Stations In lagos are on fire and Is delighted

Orders ipob to use green white green and blood as the Nigerian flag.

Tells ipob to target Tinubu and Sanwo Olu and their Children

1 hr 56 min
block every road kill Sabotuers

2hr.00 min
Destroy everything holding the Economy of Nigeria. Burn all pipelines

2.hr09 min
Kill the Army in Lekki [/b]Claims 15 people were killed in Lekki.,Set Dangote Trucks on Fire.

2.hr 15 min
[b] Burn down Every Federal Govt Building attack Police.

2hr 18 mins
Describes again how to make Molotov Cocktail bombs

2hr20min kanu asks where are the ipob People with Double barrel guns in Abuja?

2 hr 22 min
ipob will make an example of Ikpeazu and Sanwo Olu all Tinubu’s nvestments should be destroyed

2hr 24min build bombs and lay them by the roadside

2 hr 32 min kill any Governor that declares Curfew

2hr 56min
kanu says Tinubu’s hotel is on fire on his orders

3 hr 09 mins
burn everything Tinubu owns and Dangote Trucks the war has started

Every Police Station must go down

destroy all Federal Government Property burn down Lekki Toll Gate destroy Dangote refinery burn every Pastors Church that supports one Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktk4uXmlOLs

Another Tinubu rat. Shame
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by mrvitalis(m): 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Lol when I here people talk like this I just laugh which Igbo man actually made money in Lagos ?

Most started making money in the east and where forced to move to Lagos because of Nigerian economy bottle neck that made it impossible to do business profitably without Lagos ..

Please name any Igbo man that's among top 100 richest Igbo men that actually made money in Lagos ...most came to Lagos with money just needed to expand

Port Harcourt has made more Igbo men than Lagos
Even north has made more Igbo billionaires than Lagos

Coscharis started in Anambra , orange drugs started in Owerri , next oil ? Oilserv ? Emeka ofo ? Erisco ? Tonimas ? Tommy Tommy ? Juhel pharmacy ? Ibeto ? Who really made their money in Lagos ?
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by Christistruth00: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2022
naijaseeker:

Another Tinubu rat. Shame

Please let IPOB address it’s attack on Lagos

Lagos is not part of Biafra so why was it attacked and why did Kanu also Order IPOB to

Kill Sanwo Olu and Tinubu and why were Kanu and IPOB rejoicing over the attack on the Oba of Lagos ?

Ojukwu also launched a Suprise attack on Lagos and the SW so Igbos own couldn’t have been an accident

Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by MrMaestro: 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
She said nothing wrong. I agree with her 100%

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by MrMaestro: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Agreed. They always have to drag themselves in front of Yorubas. In their space (Lagos) in their platforms (Nairaland) and everywhere else in life. There’s not a single thing they’ve done or place they’ve built that Yorubas are clamoring to participate in. If not for their attaché by force we wouldn’t even know they exist. 200+ tribes in Nigeria. Thousands more in Africa. It is their proximity to Yorubas that have given them mouth.
Re: Remi Tinubu & The Igbos Of Lagos by ImperialYoruba: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lol when I here people talk like this I just laugh which Igbo man actually made money in Lagos ?

Most started making money in the east and where forced to move to Lagos because of Nigerian economy bottle neck that made it impossible to do business profitably without Lagos ..

Please name any Igbo man that's among top 100 richest Igbo men that actually made money in Lagos ...most came to Lagos with money just needed to expand

Port Harcourt has made more Igbo men than Lagos
Even north has made more Igbo billionaires than Lagos

Coscharis started in Anambra , orange drugs started in Owerri , next oil ? Oilserv ? Emeka ofo ? Erisco ? Tonimas ? Tommy Tommy ? Juhel pharmacy ? Ibeto ? Who really made their money in Lagos ?

Yinmu!

(1) (Reply)

I Became A Billionaire @40 - Peter Obi... Why I Joined Politics / Nnamdi Kanu : Olisa Methu Writes Attorney General / From Solution To Soluidiot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.