Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

The Google Books Project - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Google Books Project (731 Views)

Yoruba Proverbs - A Huge And Awesome Collection On The Google App Store / For Authors Who Want To Be On Google Books Program / The Benefits Of Google Books Partner Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Google Books Project by darrysobby(m): 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2011
Did you know that google has an online book repository where they have scanned and published books from major libraries around the world. You can read magazines, classic novels, research book and every category of books you can think of.

Think about it - an unlimited source of books for your research and pleasure, all for free.

I give kudos to google for this project but i hope that they won't try to exploit people in the future.

Visit http://books.google.com now. smiley
Re: The Google Books Project by queenesthr(f): 9:46am On Aug 10, 2011
I've just gone there. How do you get to read the books?
Re: The Google Books Project by darrysobby(m): 10:18am On Aug 10, 2011
queenesthr:

I've just gone there. How do you get to read the books?

Hello Queenesthr.

The easiest way to read the book is to roll your mouse over the book and select "Read Now" from the dialog box that pops up. (Check 1.jpg)

Another way is to click on the book you wanna read and then select "Get It Now" on the box at the right side of the screen, then you select "Read The Book." (Check 2a.jpg & 2b.jpg)

I hope this is helpful. smiley

Please find the attached images.

Re: The Google Books Project by Bawss1(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2011
This is a great resource. I imagine there might be some copyright issues that prevent some works from being available here but that does not diminish the value of this repository. Simply great.
Re: The Google Books Project by darrysobby(m): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2011
Bawss1:

This is a great resource. I imagine there might be some copyright issues that prevent some works from being available here but that does not diminish the value of this repository. Simply great.

Bawss1, you are very correct. The least one can do is to preview the books. I previewed Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart" and I was able to learn more about the man from all the intros the book had. I've not read the full book but now I appreciate the man better.
Re: The Google Books Project by queenesthr(f): 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2011
Thanks! am able to read now.
Re: The Google Books Project by darrysobby(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2011
You are most welcome. smiley
Re: The Google Books Project by AMIAM: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2011
Yes Google online books are really help ful. I got very good help in finding stuff on Songwriting

(1) (Reply)

To Hell With Heaven (1) / A Not So “good Friday” Indeed / The Lootitudes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.