Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

The 2022 Headies: What Went Wrong? - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / The 2022 Headies: What Went Wrong? (209 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 2022 Headies: What Went Wrong? by amechispeaks(m): 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2022
The Headies 2022: What Went Wrong? - Written By Amechi Okoli

“They told me Wizkid was gon’ be here, they told me C-kay was gon’ be here, they told me Tems was gon’ be here. They ain’t coming. They ain’t coming!”

The moment Anthony Anderson screamed those words on stage, it became crystal-clear just how much of a flop the 2022 Headies Awards had been.

The failures and embarrassment were heightened when Anderson’s co-host, Osas Ighodaro, tried to take the mic from him, and he dragged it back away from her to continue his on-stage rant.

Fans who spent their hard earned monies buying the overpriced tickets were left disappointed with the absence of their favorite Nigerian artistes.

Some say the likes of Wizkid, Burna Boy, and Davido, who have won more revered awards like the Grammys, MOBOs, and BETs, found the Headies too small an event to be worthy of their presence.

What makes it even worse is the fact that the organizers took the award show away from Nigeria, and chose to host it in Atlanta, U.S.A.

Yet, the majority of our superstar artistes still didn’t give a flying f*ck!

I for one would have wished the absentee artistes made out the time from their extremely busy schedules to grace the show. At least for the sake of the fans who trooped out to see them.

It’s always great to support your own, no matter how big they’ve become, or how small they perceive the Headies to be. After all, the biggest artistes in America still attend the BET Awards.

Speaking of the BET Awards, or any other American award show, have you ever seen them host it outside America?

I wonder why the Headies found Nigeria, their home country, unworthy of playing host to an event that the foreigners don’t even give a hoot about?

If the organizers could see the future, perhaps they would have paid a superstar American artiste such as Rick Ross or J. Cole to perform at the event.

I’m sure that the star power of such artistes would make fans less upset that Wizkid, Burna Boy, and the likes didn’t show up!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Street Artiste Or Songs Needed For Promotion!!!! / Promote Your Music Online And Get Your Videos On Mtvbase With Artwork Design / All Lyrics In One Place - Ugetmusic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.