Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,005 members, 7,838,521 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Why Is Bride Price List Costly In Some Parts In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Bride Price List Costly In Some Parts In Nigeria (274 Views)

Nigerian Bride & Groom Hold Each Others Private Parts In Wedding Videos & Photos / An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Bride Price List Costly In Some Parts In Nigeria by Francisanointed(m): 7:03am On Sep 06, 2022
Last week Friday,I travelled to a town in the south - South region for my brother's wedding. He reside in Port Harcourt. He travelled from Port Harcourt to another town in another state. I travelled from Benin to join them. After we all arrived there,we met with the families and kinsmen of the bride. The kinsmen and family gave us drinks to welcome us,after that, they told us that whatever they give to us ,we must give double. Before it could get to list of bride price. All other traditional protocols started. Prior to the bride price list,you will spend. On the list was about 30 enormous things you must do. One in one number on the list that is negotiable. Others you can't negotiate. We had quarrels upon quarrels twice. The wedding lasted for two days to enable us leave on time the following day. If you nor get money, marriage nor be beans for Nigeria.

Why is marriage so costly in Nigeria?
Please pardon my grammatical errors
Re: Why Is Bride Price List Costly In Some Parts In Nigeria by Boogyman557: 7:39am On Sep 06, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Igboman Narrates Easy Ways To Catch In-house Stealers, Especially Wives, With St / House Clearance Sales!!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.