Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,873 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

I Love The Yoruba Language - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Love The Yoruba Language (1519 Views)

WATCH Eddie Murphy’s Coming To America In Yoruba Language / Yoruba Language Version Of "coming To America.": Acted By Eddie Murphy! / Tough Love - The Naija Movie Critique Thread (Only Naija Movies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love The Yoruba Language by energygirl: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2011
I am black brazilian and I'm thinking of vising Nigeria. I love the yoruba language and some brazil here we try to keep to yoruba culture to stay with the culture: maybe I can learn little yoruba from here a little before I travel.

http://www.yatotainment.com/infoPages/show_page/default.php?pages_id=24

tchau
Re: I Love The Yoruba Language by Emmyk(m): 11:29pm On Aug 11, 2011
That's sweet of you
Re: I Love The Yoruba Language by kodewrita(m): 8:01am On Aug 12, 2011
Bawo ni (how's it going?)

Kilo n shele (what's up/what's happening?)
Re: I Love The Yoruba Language by otapiapia: 9:07pm On Aug 17, 2011
I hope you're not planning visit any part of yorubaland except Lagos, they may end up cutting your head off for Oro sacrifice.
Re: I Love The Yoruba Language by Emmyk(m): 11:34pm On Aug 17, 2011
otapiapia:

I hope you're not planning visit any part of yorubaland except Lagos, they may end up cutting your head off for Oro sacrifice.
are you in your right mind? Or your head as been ripped off already?
Re: I Love The Yoruba Language by wetobe(f): 12:31am On Aug 19, 2011
Can someone translate this to english language, wajasahum bimo sobarun janata wahriran
Re: I Love The Yoruba Language by Emmyk(m): 6:39am On Aug 19, 2011
Hey, not that I know of that Language you wrote down
Re: I Love The Yoruba Language by kodewrita(m): 8:57am On Aug 19, 2011
we to be:

Can someone translate this to english language, wajasahum bimo sobarun janata wahriran

the last part is the only part I can attempt the rest is either jumbled up or poorly transcribed.

'Wa riran' means 'you'll see'(threat) or 'come and see' (either as command or more like "gain understanding"wink.
Re: I Love The Yoruba Language by kodewrita(m): 8:58am On Aug 19, 2011
kodewrita:

the last part is the only part I can attempt the rest is either jumbled up or poorly transcribed.

'Wa riran' means 'you'll see'(threat) or 'come and see' (either as command or more like "gain understanding"wink.
Just checked your other posts and this language is not yoruba, its arabic
Re: I Love The Yoruba Language by energygirl: 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
thank you very much, I bought the cd from http://www.yatotainment.com/infoPages/show_page/default.php?pages_id=24 and is help me little better. Bawo ni( how are you), maa bo(come), se o fe jeun(do you want to eat)

i like learning it.

tchau

(1) (Reply)

Off the Hook / Buy Your New Electronics At Lg Center Ajah With 1-year Warranty / Ratings Of Nigerian Television Programmes- The Best!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.