Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements (21113 Views)

The Men Behind The Lagos Metro Rail. Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo Olu. Picture / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo-Olu: 12th,13th,14th &15th Governors Of Lagos / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode And Sanwo-olu At APC Convention. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by adeoluphilips: 11:05am On Sep 07, 2022
A Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Tunde Bank-Anthony, says the presidential candidate of the ruling party for the 2023 elections, Bola Tinubu, cannot claim glory for the successes recorded by the administrations of former governors Babatunde Fashola (also known as BRF) and Akinwunmi Ambode.

“The people that succeeded Asiwaju (Tinubu), BRF succeeded him and his eight years was more visible than Bola Tinubu’s eight years…He (Tinubu) cannot claim glory for what they did; it’s not possible,” Bank-Anthony said on Wednesday when he featured as a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily.

According to him, Ambode was a performing governor who was yanked off and disallowed to return to office for second term.

Since Nigeria’s return to democracy in 1999, Ambode is the only former governor of the state who was in office for a single term. Tinubu was governor between 1999 and 2007 before he handed over to Fashola who was in office from 2007 to 2015.

Ambode took over in 2015 but lost his re-election at the primary level in the 2019 electioneering process due to intra-party squabbles as APC strongman in Lagos (Tinubu) was reported to have favoured the incumbent governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, over Ambode.

Sanwo-Olu, who clinched the party’s ticket and won the 2019 governorship election, has again secured APC’s ticket for his re-election in the 2023 polls.

‘A Loyal Party Man’

In his interview with Channels Television, Bank-Anthony, who is also a spokesperson for Concerned Nigerians, said Tinubu is not the founder of modern Lagos and his men should not trivialise the contributions of Ambode and Fashola in Lagos or make them inferior to Tinubu’s.

He said, “I read something not too long ago, the chairman of the party in Lagos said Ambode did not follow the blueprint of Lagos. What is the blueprint of Lagos? It should be online for people to see.”

On why Ambode could not get the party’s ticket for re-election, the APC chieftain said, “The primary was held in Lagos, Clement Ebri was in Lagos and he said it loud and clear that there was no primary but he later turned around and said, ‘Okay, let’s accept it like that’.

“Ambode was a loyal party man and he stood by it and accepted it. And he has never made a comment about it since that day but people are insinuating so many things about him.”

Since he ended his single term in 2019, Ambode has not been seen at political or social functions with his predecessors – Tinubu and Fashola. He has also not been seen at events with the incumbent governor.

The former governor has also been reticent at the few times he was pictured at APC events at the national level like in May 2021 when he was appointed the deputy chairman of the South-West sub-committee of the Contact and Strategy Committee of the ruling party.

There were reports that Ambode would contest the party’s governorship ticket with Sanwo-Olu at the primary in May 2022 but rather his ally, Wale Oluwo, threw his hat in the ring but lost to Sanwo-Olu.

'A Performing Governor Yanked Off’

Asked whether Tinubu has forgiven Ambode, Bank-Anthony said, “I am surprised that you said Tinubu has not forgiven Ambode; it should be the other way round that Ambode has not forgiven Tinubu. Saying that Tinubu has not forgiven Ambode, on what basis is that? Is it on poor performance or what? Is it that he didn’t do well as governor of Lagos State or as an accountant general? For me, it is more or less that a performing governor was yanked off for no reason, for personal reason.

“Since Ambode left office, he has not said a word against Bola Tinubu. All he has said is that please go and register for your PVCs. He (Ambode) is still an APC member, he is still loyal to the APC. He is not leaving the party.”

On whether Ambode is going to support Tinubu’s ambition, Bank-Anthony said, “I don’t see why not…As I sit down here now, if I tell you I am going to vote for you, I can change my mind.”

Unlike Fashola and Sanwo-Olu, Ambode has not publicly endorsed Tinubu’s 2023 presidential ambition and has not been seen at any political event linked with Tinubu’s aspiration for Aso Rock but the months ahead of the February 2023 presidential poll are still much very pregnant.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/09/07/tinubu-cant-claim-glory-for-fashola-ambodes-achievements-apc-chieftain/

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Corridon: 11:07am On Sep 07, 2022
I'm yet to see any meaningful achievement of Tinubu. They are only showing Fashola and Ambode's achievement as that of Bola.

412 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by lhordspy: 11:07am On Sep 07, 2022
Lol. Another news for y**bos miscreant to masturbate on.

Looks like these days some old man can just wake up one day and start claiming APC chieftain. Or i sense it's the work of the children of hate just tagging everybody either Apc chieftain or Bigwigs to sooth or buttress their hate.

If you notice , almost every ants and chickens these days are claiming or been tagged as APC cheiftain.

People that are Non-influential and as insignificant as "p" in psychology, in a political space.

181 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Bontafa: 11:08am On Sep 07, 2022

64 Likes

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Onamaz: 11:08am On Sep 07, 2022
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by BirtherOfKings(f): 11:11am On Sep 07, 2022
Tinubu has contributed by putting Good men in that position of governor

I give honour to you sir..u deserve a standing ovation and a statue at okota round about

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by NwaMamaIwota(f): 11:12am On Sep 07, 2022
yes ooo
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond

188 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Prinxzona10: 11:18am On Sep 07, 2022
The time I accepted that Tinubu's stronghold on South West especially in Lagos is not ordinary was in 2014 prior to 2015 election.

Everybody knew that Ambode was an exceptional governor if not the best in Nigeria then and everybody was praising him even the opposition parties were hailing him as a performing governor and these same Tinubu's urchins were bragging and bluffing with Ambode's gigantic performances buh all of a sudden,darkness set in and the same Ambode became a nightmare to them,Ambode became a nuisance to them,Ambode became a poor performer simple because the demi god of South West Tinubu said so.

These same Tinubu's urchins turned around in a twinkle of an eye and started castigating,abusing and cursing Ambode in the space of few months of praising him to the high heavens,just because Tinubu said so via that Ambode disagreed to Tinubu's super greed instead he preferred to use Lagos money and work for the people...

Since that day,anybody that supports Tinubu smells rotten to me,disgusts me and irritates me buh I do feel for them attimes because 90% of them are not with their senses intact,the magical power Tinubu used to hold them down is a universal magical symbol of subjugation and enslavement( UMSSE),so when you see them lamenting,defending and fighting for Tinubu here,always know that they ain't with their senses because it has been pocketed and it can take a very strong spiritual power to set such people free from the bondage they found themselves...

Listen,if you can pray,pray for all these Tinubu's urchins because they don't know what they are doing,just like a m*d man loitering everywhere,they need your prayers because they're seriously in a very heavy bondage of one man and the two remedies to their cure are through spiritual healing or through the dead of the man because his power reign supreme over his subjects as long as he lives..( That's the oath)...

The truth is that if Tinubu tell all these urchins to kill their parents,they wouldn't even think twice,if these same Tinubu make a U turn tomorrow and tell them that Ambode performed excellently well,they will just make a U turn and start praising the same Ambode...

You think someone with brain or his senses intact,will keep supporting Tinubu especially after all the evil and disastrous expositories about his dealings eeh?the truth is that it's not ordinary and they ain't doing it with their clear eyes.

They see Tinubu as the air they breath and as the god they ought to worship,so he's immune to opposition hence they must kill and die for him..An oppressed fighting and defending his oppressor even with his life,talk about Stockholm syndrome disease (SSD)..

My words are always enough for the wise even though Tinubu's urchins are the opposite of wisdom because their little wisdom to think and assimilate things have been taken away from them by just one man.....

I rest my case..Gracias!!!!

MODIFY: For those enslaved demonic foolish urchins convulsing and shedding leprous lunatic tears over my statement,I perfectly understood the spell holding you morons blindly buh I wouldn't dare stoop too low to engage or exchange words with any of you instead,I will better use the time to teach my dog on how to work hard,be useful for good to avoid been trampled upon as an urchins of backwardness,hatred to truth and symbol of lifeless living...

I hope someday,deliverance will locate some of you mentally demented simpletons that doesn't know the damages you're causing to yourselves and liberate yourselves from the love you have for your chains around your repulsive neck of slavery......

253 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 07, 2022
It’s like saying a father can’t take glory for his children’s success . In Lagos, no Tinubu no glory.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Aboks(m): 11:22am On Sep 07, 2022
You mean agbado and cassava lord

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by AllTheWayUp: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2022
grin grin grin
Tinubu ti lule
Even APC members know Tinubu is an unrepentant scammer, fraudster, serial liar and propagandist

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Bontafa: 11:24am On Sep 07, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol. Another news for yeebos miscreant to masturbate on.

Looks like these days some old man can just wake up one day and start claiming APC chieftain. Or i sense it's the work of the children of hate just tagging everybody either Apc chieftain or Bigwigs to sooth or buttress their hate.

If you notice , almost every ants and chickens these days are claiming or been tagged as APC cheiftain.

People that are Non-influential and as insignificant as "p" in psychology, in a political space.

Focus on topic or shut up

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by iwaeda: 11:25am On Sep 07, 2022
adeoluphilips:

A Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Tunde Bank-Anthony, says the presidential candidate of the ruling party for the 2023 elections, Bola Tinubu, cannot claim glory for the successes recorded by the administrations of former governors Babatunde Fashola (also known as BRF) and Akinwunmi Ambode.

“The people that succeeded Asiwaju (Tinubu), BRF succeeded him and his eight years was more visible than Bola Tinubu’s eight years…He (Tinubu) cannot claim glory for what they did; it’s not possible,” Bank-Anthony said on Wednesday when he featured as a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily.

According to him, Ambode was a performing governor who was yanked off and disallowed to return to office for second term.

Since Nigeria’s return to democracy in 1999, Ambode is the only former governor of the state who was in office for a single term. Tinubu was governor between 1999 and 2007 before he handed over to Fashola who was in office from 2007 to 2015.

Ambode took over in 2015 but lost his re-election at the primary level in the 2019 electioneering process due to intra-party squabbles as APC strongman in Lagos (Tinubu) was reported to have favoured the incumbent governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, over Ambode.

Sanwo-Olu, who clinched the party’s ticket and won the 2019 governorship election, has again secured APC’s ticket for his re-election in the 2023 polls.

‘A Loyal Party Man’
In his interview with Channels Television, Bank-Anthony, who is also a spokesperson for Concerned Nigerians, said Tinubu is not the founder of modern Lagos and his men should not trivialise the contributions of Ambode and Fashola in Lagos or make them inferior to Tinubu’s.

He said, “I read something not too long ago, the chairman of the party in Lagos said Ambode did not follow the blueprint of Lagos. What is the blueprint of Lagos? It should be online for people to see.”

On why Ambode could not get the party’s ticket for re-election, the APC chieftain said, “The primary was held in Lagos, Clement Ebri was in Lagos and he said it loud and clear that there was no primary but he later turned around and said, ‘Okay, let’s accept it like that’.

“Ambode was a loyal party man and he stood by it and accepted it. And he has never made a comment about it since that day but people are insinuating so many things about him.”

Since he ended his single term in 2019, Ambode has not been seen at political or social functions with his predecessors – Tinubu and Fashola. He has also not been seen at events with the incumbent governor.

The former governor has also been reticent at the few times he was pictured at APC events at the national level like in May 2021 when he was appointed the deputy chairman of the South-West sub-committee of the Contact and Strategy Committee of the ruling party.

There were reports that Ambode would contest the party’s governorship ticket with Sanwo-Olu at the primary in May 2022 but rather his ally, Wale Oluwo, threw his hat in the ring but lost to Sanwo-Olu.

‘A Performing Governor Yanked Off’
Asked whether Tinubu has forgiven Ambode, Bank-Anthony said, “I am surprised that you said Tinubu has not forgiven Ambode; it should be the other way round that Ambode has not forgiven Tinubu. Saying that Tinubu has not forgiven Ambode, on what basis is that? Is it on poor performance or what? Is it that he didn’t do well as governor of Lagos State or as an accountant general? For me, it is more or less that a performing governor was yanked off for no reason, for personal reason.

“Since Ambode left office, he has not said a word against Bola Tinubu. All he has said is that please go and register for your PVCs. He (Ambode) is still an APC member, he is still loyal to the APC. He is not leaving the party.”

On whether Ambode is going to support Tinubu’s ambition, Bank-Anthony said, “I don’t see why not…As I sit down here now, if I tell you I am going to vote for you, I can change my mind.”

Unlike Fashola and Sanwo-Olu, Ambode has not publicly endorsed Tinubu’s 2023 presidential ambition and has not been seen at any political event linked with Tinubu’s aspiration for Aso Rock but the months ahead of the February 2023 presidential poll are still much very pregnant.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/09/07/tinubu-cant-claim-glory-for-fashola-ambodes-achievements-apc-chieftain/

Tinubu fe lule grin grin grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by RZArecta(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2022
Agbado masquerades will claim Tinubu laid foundation for Fashola and Ambode to work grin bloody thieves

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Opolopoopolonio: 11:28am On Sep 07, 2022
That guy was just saying rubbish

7 Likes

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Igbodicool(m): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2022
Look at how Agbado urchins will shift the goal post and start attacking Igbo here.
To them those people are IPOB their greatest nightmare.

Meanwhile, where those Lagos Yoruba stopped, we Lagos Igbo will complete on election day.

Ogun Priestess Remi Tinubu should go and invoke her moribund deities, Igbo pass them!

206 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Bontafa: 11:30am On Sep 07, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
That guy was just saying rubbish

He is not ipob ? Or Igbo ?

10 Likes

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Yoruba1stson: 11:31am On Sep 07, 2022
Tinubu built Lagos, if uno like am go hug transformer

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:32am On Sep 07, 2022
Of course we all know.

Tinubu cannot even untie Jakande sandals when it comes to Lagos development.

Just that some mugus just think that everyone is reasoning like them.

44 Likes

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Yoruba1stson: 11:33am On Sep 07, 2022
Rozross:
It’s like saying a father can’t take glory for his child’s success . In Lagos, no Tinubu no glory.
nah truth you talk

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Opolopoopolonio: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2022
Bontafa:

He is not ipob ? Or Igbo ?

He is looking for some 'change' jare... tongue He will be silenced.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Yoruba1stson: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol. Another news for yeebos miscreant to masturbate on.

Gbam

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Bontafa: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2022
Yoruba1stson:
Tinubu built Lagos, if uno like am go hug transformer

Your fellow APC urchin naim talk am , go fight am

18 Likes

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Bontafa: 11:37am On Sep 07, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

He is looking for some 'change' jare... tongue He will be silenced.

And u will clap and shout youth for Asiwaju

16 Likes

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by BATified2023: 11:43am On Sep 07, 2022
Corridon:
I'm yet to see any meaningful achievement of Tinubu. They are only showing Fashola and Ambode's achievement as that of Bola.
life is hard for the blind

130 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Corridon: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2022
BATified2023:
life is hard for the blind
Show me Bola's achievement and not Fashola and Ambode's achievements.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 07, 2022
What is the blueprint Ambode did not follow that cost him second term?

Can someone please upload the blueprint document..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Racoon(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2022
The truth is always hard to accept. Emilokan thinks he is smart in using Lagos to project his development of Nigeria while trying to avoid the disastrous adventure of the APC in the past 7 years.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Opolopoopolonio: 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
Bontafa:

And u will clap and shout youth for Asiwaju

Gat no choice! embarassed
Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by techWriter3: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
yes ooopoliticians is a bastard narcotics dealing vagabond

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by Indispensable85(m): 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
But he can take the blame for buhari's poor performance abi? Una head no correct at all. Mtcheeew......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements by yemmight(m): 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
Corridon:

You will not see anything good of course.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Absconds With Anti-corruption Crusade Largesse In Lagos / Code Of Conduct: FG May Drop Some Charges Against Saraki / President Buhari Democracy Day Speech Is Full Of Lies - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.