Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus (1125 Views)

Web Applications: The Difference Between A Front-end Designer & A Back-end Dev. / Let's Learn Front-end Dev This 2021. / Hiring!!! Front End Dev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by majesticguy: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2022
Guys please I am a newbie to front end dev and recently, I've having problem or indecision about choosing the perfect font size for my projects.

So my question is, Is there really a standard or fixed value for the font size of a websites all through?

As regards responsiveness, should my font size be halved all round?
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by Fourpockets: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
majesticguy:
Guys please I am a newbie to front end dev and recently, I've having problem or indecision about choosing the perfect font size for my projects.

So my question is, Is there really a standard or fixed value for the font size of a websites all through?

1 rem which is 16px

1 Like

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by TastyFriedPussy: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
majesticguy:

all of una just dey run go web dev. Every newbie in programming now, its web development. Una just wan over saturate, castigate and scatter that field.. Just because of some useless nairalanders wey don dey tell una sey its the fastest path to make tech money.

Lemme just tell you something, if your interest in programming was driven by money and not passion, You won't go far in this field I promise you and I'll be here when you eventually give up. Rubbish tongue

3 Likes

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by qtguru(m): 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
AccessBank Entry tech

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by RepoMan007: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
Fourpockets:

1 rem which is 16px
CSS can reset that default, though size 16px is popular and reasonable, it isn't always 16.
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
qtguru:
AccessBank Entry tech
For those saying school na scam. Even if na 2.2 just try carry something comot grin
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by jesmond3945: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2022
qtguru:
AccessBank Entry tech
they wan replace the one way japa
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by qtguru(m): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2022
jesmond3945:
they wan replace the one way japa

Not just them but a lot, I sent 2 resume for Java Devs and they still needed more. A lot of opportunity for Nigerian devs to maintain for the time being and also learn at the same time.

1 Like

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by jesmond3945: 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2022
qtguru:

Not just them but a lot, I sent 2 resume for Java Devs and they still needed more. A lot of opportunity for Nigerian devs to maintain for the time being and also learn at the same time.
any age limit?
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
Rgade:

For those saying school na scam. Even if na 2.2 just try carry something comot grin

Men my friend who's 27 and had a 2 2 got a well paying graduate trainee role at gt bank all because he knew basic python. He hasn't even created or built anything with it. It's crazy. I hope people take advantage of these opportunities now cause they won't be there forever.

5 Likes

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by qtguru(m): 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2022
jesmond3945:
any age limit?

No idea but if i were to guess prob 26 or something.
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Men my friend who's 27 and had a 2 2 got a well paying graduate trainee role at gt bank all because he knew basic python. He hasn't even created or built anything with it. It's crazy. I hope people take advantage of these opportunities now cause they won't be there forever.
Na why this ASUU strike dey kill me as student wey I still be. I see these local openings for trainee/entry level roles from time to time but they are always seeking graduates.
And these local jobs are waaay easier to secure than shooting for remote jobs with no experience.
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by qtguru(m): 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Exactly omo we get talk, coded stuff
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by majesticguy: 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
all of una just dey run go web dev. Every newbie in programming now, its web development. Una just wan over saturate, castigate and scatter that field.. Just because of some useless nairalanders wey don dey tell una sey its the fastest path to make tech money.

Lemme just tell you something, if your interest in programming was driven by money and not passion, You won't go far in this field I promise you and I'll be here when you eventually give up. Rubbish tongue

Oga day your day na. Why are you rankled by the fact that every tom and dick are now gunning for web development ? If you are good, nobody can ever take your spot, so stop being threatened by the mass entry of folks in the field. Just be a grandmaster in the field, and nobody go chance you.

I asked a simple question requiring a simple answer, I never asked for career path advice from anybody, so you can keep the above advice to yourself.

5 Likes

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

For what role please?
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by majesticguy: 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
Fourpockets:

1 rem which is 16px

Alright. But that's not what I really wanted. Yeah, the standard is 1rem = 16px. Ok here's what I meant.

Is there a fixed or standard font size for let's say my nav items, section headings, paragraphs etc. Like for instance, I've seen lots of Website and tutorials were folks use 5rem as their <h1> 4rem as <h2> and 1rem for the body. So I was kinda thinking, are these figures really the standard value?

And if so, is it ok to go with the bandwagon, because any time I seem to deviate from those figures, it really affects the aesthetics of my site.
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by Fourpockets: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
majesticguy:

Alright. But that's not what I really wanted. Yeah, the standard is 1rem = 16px. Ok here's what I meant.

Is there a fixed or standard font size for let's say my nav items, section headings, paragraphs etc. Like for instance, I've seen lots of Website and tutorials were folks use 5rem as their <h1> 4rem as <h2> and 1rem for the body. So I was kinda thinking, are these figures really the standard value?

And if so, is it ok to go with the bandwagon, because any time I seem to deviate from those figures, it really affects the aesthetics of my site.

For nav bar, use percentage or viewport height
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:

For what role please?

It's for tech they are training him for cybersecurity.

1 Like

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by majesticguy: 11:01pm On Sep 07, 2022
Fourpockets:

For nav bar, use percentage or viewport height
Alright, a million thanks.
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by JoyousFurnitire(m): 3:47am On Sep 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Wow nice
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 08, 2022
majesticguy:

There’s no strict aesthetic standards for the web at all. If you visit 3 different sites you’ll notice that none of them uses the same font size or font-family, but everything would still come together to make the site good.
I always recommend working with templates.
Don’t build websites off the top of your head especially if your design skills aren’t impressive. It’s good to look at a similar design of something you want to build and them make your own customizations on the fly.
So there’s no absolute values that you should be using, just ensure that they all complement each other and your site looks good.
That’s why you have dev tools on every browser.
I always use iPhone X for my mobile testing cause it sits right in the middle of the mobile screen size distribution.
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by majesticguy: 7:47am On Sep 08, 2022
Rgade:

There’s no strict aesthetic standards for the web at all. If you visit 3 different sites you’ll notice that none of them uses the same font size or font-family, but everything would still come together to make the site good.
I always recommend working with templates.
Don’t build websites off the top of your head especially if your design skills aren’t impressive. It’s good to look at a similar design of something you want to build and them make your own customizations on the fly.
So there’s no absolute values that you should be using, just ensure that they all complement each other and your site looks good.
That’s why you have dev tools on every browser.
I always use iPhone X for my mobile testing cause it sits right in the middle of the mobile screen size distribution.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate.
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by emmyN(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

He got in through networking?
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by yankeecoder: 10:41am On Sep 08, 2022
Most sites use 16px including the Almighty Google and Stackoverflow, what does that tell you ? Millions of users visit those sites, if it weren't defacto standard they wouldn't have been using it.
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:45am On Sep 08, 2022
emmyN:

He got in through networking?

Na he applied through one of these job ads. If you pay attention banks are seriously recruiting tech-savvy people due to the high attrition rate. They have dropped grade requirements and even age requirements. Banks now even have boot camps to train people.

1 Like

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by emmyN(m): 11:11am On Sep 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Na he applied through one of these job ads. If you pay attention banks are seriously recruiting tech-savvy people due to the high attrition rate. They have dropped grade requirements and even age requirements. Banks now even have boot camps to train people.

That would be a good way to go. I've seen a couple of them out there though, just skeptic about applying.
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:33am On Sep 08, 2022
emmyN:

That would be a good way to go. I've seen a couple of them out there though, just skeptic about applying.

You should always apply for jobs. Let them reject you, don't reject yourself

2 Likes

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by emmyN(m): 11:47am On Sep 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

You should always apply for jobs. Let them reject you, don't reject yourself

But the rejection mails now ehn... Once I see "Thank you for your application..." I don't bother to read further cheesy. I don't know what's with many tech companies and 3 years experience for entry level role. Formerly 3 years experience upwards were regarded Experienced Hires while zero years were GTs. The worse is the ones that want 3+ years experience and the pay is 150k. I will apply sha, at the least I will use them to learn how to interview cheesy

1 Like

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2022
emmyN:

But the rejection mails now ehn... Once I see "Thank you for your application..." I don't bother to read further cheesy. I don't know what's with many tech companies and 3 years experience for entry level role. Formerly 3 years experience upwards were regarded Experienced Hires while zero years were GTs. The worse is the ones that want 3+ years experience and the pay is 150k. I will apply sha, at the least I will use them to learn how to interview cheesy

Don't take rejection mails personal. I get at least 5 to 10 rejection mails every morning. Infact if I get less than that it means I am not applying enough.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by Qtrpst4: 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2022
Your own better be say dem dey even reject you, you dey see mail. I don't get mail from them. I just looked for another to do jhor though not in tech. I don't know how much banks will like to pay a tech person
tensazangetsu20:

Don't take rejection mails personal. I get at least 5 to 10 rejection mails every morning. Infact if I get less than that it means I am not applying enough.
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by LikeAking: 2:09pm On Sep 08, 2022
Abeg make una stop to dey derial d tread.

Op asked a question, only one person don give am suggestions. The rest are talking about jobs, jobs, jobs.. Make una calm down.

Op try vw, vh, rem as suggested above, em and many odas.. Just check Dem out
Re: To The Front End Dev Tech Gurus by LikeAking: 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
emmyN:

Evil ppl.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Need help with subforms on tabbed pages(VB) / Pls, Help Me In This Java Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.