Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money (1602 Views)

Gani Adams To Femi Adesina: Tell Buhari Nigerians Are Hungry / Amaechi: Under Buhari, Nigerians Are Hungry, Poverty Is Growing — Premium Times / Why Nigerians Are Hungry – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
People are suffering in Nigeria, no job for millions of Nigerians with degrees, one presidential candidate called peter obi is bragging about how he is the best saver.

People want prosperity and job, peter obi is telling them, he wants to save money.

Fact is that saving money starve the economy of prosperity and job creation, government are not run like business enterprises, you do not save money when running government. The job of government is to generate tax and then use these tax to build infrastructures and payup expenses

Buhari said the same thing, i will save, what are you saving for, if half of the population are poor.

To be realistic, peter obi is just another Buhari, he is old school and have nothing to offer

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by fman(m): 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

To be realistic, peter obi is just another Buhari, he is old school and have nothing to offer
Same with Asiwaju and Waziri

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Peterobi90: 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
Don't you save, even while you are hungry?...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
fman:

Same with Asiwaju and Waziri

Actually Tinubu is more liberal and work with capitalists, so he could create jobs and liberalisw the economy for economic growth.

Atiku, also have some idea but i dont trust him.

Peter obi on the other hand is projecting his economic policies like a communist just like how buhari did. It is not exciting at all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
He wants to save and save and after the next administration comes in, that one would steal the state Treasury.

Nigeria is irredeemable and peter obi is just another politician.

Politicians would say and do all they can to enter, then switch up when they're in power.

5 Likes

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by derecho(m): 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2022
So?

2 Likes

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Tochi3(m): 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
You can't, you can never defend or support APCshit even if your life depend on it without sounding stupid....festus ke ya amu.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
Peterobi90:
Don't you save, even while you are hungry?...

Running a government is different.

Government are revenue generators and infrastructural builders.

Running a campaign on saving money isn't a good economic plan.

You don't save while people are hungry.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by obailala(m): 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
People are suffering in Nigeria, no job for millions of Nigerians with degrees, one presidential candidate called peter obi is bragging about how he is the best saver.

People want prosperity and job, peter obi is telling them, he wants to save money.

Fact is that saving money starve the economy of prosperity and job creation, government are not run like business enterprises, you do not save money when running government. The job of government is to generate tax and then use these tax to build infrastructures and payup expenses

Buhari said the same thing, i will save, what are you saving for, if half of the population are poor.

Typical mentality of a black man, "let's consume it all, we are hungry now, tomorrow will take care of itself".

That's the reason we find ourselves in the mess we are in as a country.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
Olasyke:
He wants to save and save and after the next administration comes in, that one would steal the state Treasury.

Nigeria is irredeemable and peter obi is just another politician.

Politicians would say and do all they can to enter, then switch up when they're in power.

Exactly.

Peter obi is old school, is economic policies are old school.

Peter obi will starve Nigeria, just like buhari did

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Natbrowny: 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
The 3 main aspirants are all scam. We just av to choose d lesser evil

Las las cartels go soon recruit whoever wins

Nigeria is gone. Thieves everywhere
Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by ljoh: 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
We want chop agbado

1 Like

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by joyandfaith: 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Actually Tinubu is more liberal and work with capitalists, so he could create jobs and liberalisw the economy for economic growth.

Atiku, also have some idea but i dont trust him.

Peter obi on the other hand is projecting his economic policies like a communist just like how buhari did. It is not exciting at all.

Corruption and frugality are main problems with our government. Atiku and Tinubu are masters of corruption and frugality.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Obidient4life3: 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
The hunger in this government that didn't save and Jonathan's government that saved which one is more grievous?

Agbado lamentation!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Rapuru14: 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Agbadorian, is that you?

I sight you oo

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
obailala:
Typical mentality of a black man, "let's consume it all, we are hungry now, tomorrow will take care of itself".

That's the reason we find ourselves in the mess we are in as a country.

Your thinking is lame and stop the blame game if you don't understand simple things

Government job is to make the economic exciting for investors.

Saving money does not, people will starve and you won't build any infrastructure.

Government is suppose to generate enough tax to build infrastructures that will make it good for local and international investors, also the money generated will be used to open up new industries for more tax generations

That way people get employed and their is more prosperity for the people and also government.

Anybody telling hungry people that he will save in 2022 is selling poverty

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Newton2024: 8:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
I don't know why I find the heading somehow funny grin

Is saving public money not better than stealing it? Obi will save but Tinubu will steal.

I choose savings over stealing.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by amanda2013(f): 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
Rubbish talk. Who made Nigerians hungry? You know that Nigerians are hungry and you still have the guts to campaign for the same man that brought hunger upon Nigerians. Tinubu should be apologising to Nigerians instead he is busy shouting emilokan up and down.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

Corruption and frugality are main problems with our government. Atiku and Tinubu are masters of corruption and frugality.

Frugality has nothing to do with government.

Government need to spend big,we are a nation of 200m not 5m

So so called frugality is impossible.

Nothing is cheap when running government, building infrastructures does not come cheap.

Yeah, corruption is a problem but frugality in government stop any advancement of progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by AdamuKD: 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
grin
Who is this riffraff again?

3 Likes

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
amanda2013:
Rubbish talk. Who made Nigerians hungry? You know that Nigerians are hungry and you still have the guts to campaign for the same man that brought hunger upon Nigerians. Tinubu should be apologising to Nigerians instead he is busy shouting emilokan up and down.

Buhari telling everyone he wants to save money made every one hungry.

Peter obi is another buhari, that will make you even starve.

How can someone be campaigning about saving money in the 21st century, this is not 1920.

1 Like

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
No matter what,we still love him!

4 Likes

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Newton2024: 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Villa12:
YOU CANNOT SILENCE ME WITH TRIBALISM OR NEPOTISM!!!

REPACKAGING PETER OBI?

If no be say person get strong mind na so dem wan repackage Obi give person.

Obi of 13months doctors strike in Anambra. 13!
Obi of Akwuzu SARS. Unalloyed ter**rorism
Obi that did not employ teachers in Anambra for 8years
Obi that did not develope Awka in 8 years
Obi that did not employ civil servants in Anambra for 8years
Obi that his driver was caught with 250m cash in Lagos
Obi that does not own any investment in Anambra, no supermarket, no warehouse

Obi of massive kid*napping.
Obi that ordered the ma*ssacre of arm*less MASSOB protesters in 2006 & 2013 and had their dead bodies thrown into the Ezu River.
Obi of 6months Anambra State Univ strike.
Obi of 7 years unpaid salaries for State Water Board workers. 7years. 260 of them died.

Obi of Pandora papers. Opening secret businesses abroad with his kid's name while he was governor. Dem catch am red handed

Obi of 7years no LGA election. 7years!
Obi of no IGR growth.
Obi of no signature infrastructure. Non!
Obi anti-infrastructure.
Obi wey carry state money put for family business.

Obi importer of groceries for over 30years driving down naira value. He Couldn't metamorphose into production like Dangote , BUA, Adeleke etc
Revd Barr Christian Nwachukwu

Rules 1 & 18
1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.
18. Don't spam the forum by advertising in the wrong places or posting the same content many times.

Seun Mynd44 dominique lalasticlala OAM4J farano Mukina2 seunmsg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by frejatoye117: 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
I am right now in the Eastern part of the country,what people here are saying is vote for Peter Obi that is the Ibo and the people come to me speak in Ibo language I was just looking at them..... Meaning these people meant business.Now I asked myself this is what the Yoruba are not doing and failed to do for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed TINUBU.... However, upon these strategy I see Yoruba winning because there are Yoruba and iGbo people that love TINUBU die and believe in Asiwaju
Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
frejatoye117:
I am right now in the Eastern part of the country,what people here are saying is vote for Peter Obi that is the Ibo and the people come to me speak in Ibo language I was just looking at them..... Meaning these people meant business.Now I asked myself this is what the Yoruba are not doing and failed to do for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed TINUBU.... However, upon these strategy I see Yoruba winning because there are Yoruba and iGbo people that love TINUBU die and believe in Asiwaju

Peter obi will sabotage igbo businesses with his saving agenda.

As a business man, i want a nation that a rich enough to buy my goods, why then should i want someone telling me about how he sants to save.

If peter obi goal is to save,that means there will be less money on people hands to patronise businesses.

1 Like

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by rusher14: 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
Word!
Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jennifer663:
No matter what,we still love him!

You can love him as you like

But he is another seller of proverty just like Buhari

1 Like

Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by amanda2013(f): 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2022
[quote author=thebosstrevor1 post=116449747]

Buhari telling everyone he wants to save money made every one hungry.

Peter obi is another buhari, that will make you even starve.

How can someone be campaigning about saving money in the 21st century, this is not 1920. Really? So you have already forgotten that Tinubu promised to continue from where Buhari stopped right? It then means that if Tinubu becomes the president (God forbid) the hunger will be X10. God abeg o o o !!!
Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 07, 2022
Rapuru14:

Agbadorian, is that you?

I sight you oo

If government is to make money off this agbado to create a welfare state system, i am sure you will still collect * 4 of the stipend by setting up different false names
Re: People Are Hungry, Peter Obi Is Talking About Saving Money by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
[quote author=amanda2013 post=116450095][/quote]

The only candidate that has a proven track record of economic growth is Tinubu.

Do i like the man? No

But i see people going to lagos every day to make money.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Negotiate With People Who Did This / I Told Obi / Urgent Message to OBIdients Nationwide!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.