Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Planning To Japa...read This. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Planning To Japa...read This. (3595 Views)

My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage / Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again / Hauwa, Adam Nuru Wife Is Not Planning To Divorce Him, Stands With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning To Japa...read This. by ibechris(m): 8:29am On Sep 08, 2022
A Nigerian man based in the United Kingdom (UK) has lamented on Twitter over the high cost of living in the country.

According to Jamal, he earns about €1550 (N660k), but spends €1300 (N554k) on monthly expenses after all deductions. He advised people planning to travel abroad to be cautious because they are ‘diving straight into a cost of living crisis’.

In his words:
“Those who are planning to japa from Nigeria to UK this 4th quarter are literally diving straight into a cost of living crisis. Those who have lived here and are somewhat settled are struggling a lot. May God provide for us all.

My current salary pcm is around £1550 after deductions. My total monthly expenses are around £1300 excluding savings. I hope this helps.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by ibechris(m): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2022
Note:

I am not against those who are travelling out...but stop selling your properties just to relocate.

It is very hard for many who crossed over but they might not tell u this.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by Nwaotu10(m): 11:38am On Sep 08, 2022
ibechris:
Note:

I am not against those who are travelling out...but stop selling your properties just relocate.

It is very hard for many who crossed over but they might not tell u.

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by OkCornel(m): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2022
ibechris:
A Nigerian man based in the United Kingdom (UK) has lamented on Twitter over the high cost of living in the country.

According to Jamal, he earns about €1550 (N660k), but spends €1300 (N554k) on monthly expenses after all deductions. He advised people planning to travel abroad to be cautious because they are ‘diving straight into a cost of living crisis’.

In his words:
“Those who are planning to japa from Nigeria to UK this 4th quarter are literally diving straight into a cost of living crisis. Those who have lived here and are somewhat settled are struggling a lot. May God provide for us all.

My current salary pcm is around £1550 after deductions. My total monthly expenses are around £1300 excluding savings. I hope this helps.”

Watch how he’ll be tagged an enemy of progress.

Bottom line, anyone ready to relocate should be realistic in their expectations and do proper research. So you don’t come over and start crying like the man up there.

Note: I never said don’t relocate, I’m allergic to silly emotional outbursts. Think well before you reply me. Thanks

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by pansophist(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2022
meanwhile, someone that lives in Nigeria earning 1.5M naira monthly won't enjoy the quality of life of brother Jamal. Money is a means to an end, not the end in itself. If you earn so well and a simple illness can kill you, then of what use is your money?

Quality of life over money, anytime.

22 Likes

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2022
UK is an overrated piece of crap. Not all countries have high taxes or cost of living and low salaries like the UK.

9 Likes

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by nightfox01(m): 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2022
That one no go change my mind grin grin una no go tell us the good ones make Dem just say Dem no wan make naija boys cast am for dem

1 Like

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by ecolime(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2022
If you wanna JAPA, go through the Canadian PR route. UK Masters route na scam.

This is my honest advise to everyone based on research and feedbacks from my loved ones.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by 2Radii: 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2022
ibechris:

In his words:

Wait sir...

How can £1550 be equal to #660k??

Is pounds sterling now same tin as NZD ni abi how??

Inspector jamal might even be in agidingbi giving OP recreational lamba grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by 2Radii: 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2022
ecolime:

This is my honest advise to everyone based on research and feedbacks from my loved ones.
Wat about usa bro??
Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by ecolime(m): 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2022
2Radii:
Wat about usa bro??
Honestly, I haven't researched much on USA and I personally don't fancy living there cry

Canadian PR and UK study route seems to be the relatively easier ways to JAPA now hence my focus on them.

1 Like

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by gaby(m): 3:05am On Sep 09, 2022
ibechris:

In his words:

At all at all na him be winch pikin.

At least you fit save £350 a month, enjoy a good quality of life with every infrastructure and amenities in place and with no fear of bandits, BH or armed robbers.

Life no balance anywhere.

Something must give...

2 Likes

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by gaby(m): 3:12am On Sep 09, 2022
2Radii:
Wat about usa bro??

USA trumps them all from what I've heard with more opportunities if you are lucky to know the way they said.

grin

The entire Europe na like this dem take arrange am to ensure say no matter what, so far say you no be professional or a the 1 percenters, after every expenses you go still get minimum of 200-300 Euros as pocket money or savings.

The same thing applies to those on social welfare.

After your housing and utility deductions, manage your balance €300... grin
Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by 2Radii: 7:54am On Sep 09, 2022
gaby:

USA trumps them all from what I've heard with more opportunities if you are lucky to know the way they said.

grin

The entire Europe na like this dem take arrange am to ensure say no matter what, so far say you no be professional or a the 1 percenters, after every expenses you go still get minimum of 200-300 Euros as pocket money or savings.

The same thing applies to those on social welfare.

After your housing and utility deductions, manage your balance €300... grin
ahaa
Bros pls clear me, €200 as savings in a week or in a month??

If its in a week then that is good, but in a month!! That is rubbish na.

I want to japa but with this u said now, €200 savings in a month, how wil i be happy? I make as much as that as a savings here in Nigeria, even as a man with a woman and a kid embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by bdchange(m): 10:01am On Sep 09, 2022
Thanks for this info, though it is not different from what I have being hearing over time. The difference I can see with what you post is the quality of living. Same person earning such amount here will still be living in bondage. I guess that is why you also refused to come back despite your complaints.
Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by bdchange(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2022
2Radii:
ahaa

I want to japa but with this u said now, €200 savings in a month, how wil i be happy? I make as much as that as a savings here in Nigeria, even as a man with a woman and a kid embarassed embarassed
If you use the sample the OP used, then that is the amount you will get after expenses. Though it doesn't mean it is in all cases. Some might be earning upto that amount but with less expense. Moreover it must not be UK, there other countries whose cost of living is not as high as the UK.
Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by Klass99(f): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by 2Radii: 10:31am On Sep 09, 2022
bdchange:

If you use the sample the OP used, then that is the amount you will get after expenses. Though it doesn't mean it is in all cases. Some might be earning upto that amount but with less expense. Moreover it must not be UK, there other countries whose cost of living is not as high as the UK.
a for fear oh

Pls can u suggest some countries with relatively low standard of living, pls
Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by ibechris(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2022
Klass99:

That singular statement in bold made my day cheesy. I call it thoughtless emotionalism and it can be so rampant on NL.

I am surprised you and Ibechris (the original poster) have not had the living daylights insulted out of you already. There is no reasoning with people hell bent on japaing.

Every divergent view or contrary opinion is taken as a personal assault and attack on their japa aspirations. They never see it as useful information to have which may be helpful to their goals.

That is the reasons why most of our ladies would love to marry abroad husband,they would leave their sweet relationship just to be married to an abroad based.

After the marriage,many of them will end here in Nigeria tending babies while some none. Well,for me,it is very hard if not difficult to advice a man or a woman who is bent on travelling abroad.

They all think there is no suffering over there.

4 Likes

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by ibechris(m): 10:49am On Sep 09, 2022
2Radii:
ahaa

That is why it is very hard.
Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by gaby(m): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2022
2Radii:
ahaa

That's just the honest truth and reality my brother, and with the inflation at the moment, you'd even struggle to meet all your expenses not to talk of saving up...

EU countries like Spain, Italy, Greece, and France are an advanced Africa in this regards and the Japarians need to be informed.

The savings are monthly.

It is advisable to acquire a professional skill and an in-demand one to beat this "hand-to-mouth" bracket.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by SIRTee15: 1:21pm On Sep 09, 2022
If u want to japa to uk, pls focus on tech and healthcare. The reward is awesome, u can easily earn 5 thousands punds a month in those careers.
Otherwise, dont come.
Except you are already stuggling in Nigeria without any meaningful hope, then uk can be an option.
note I didnt mention care job because most Nigerians are not hardworking enough to accumulate sufficient hours to achieve good savings with carejobs.
Forget masters, u will most likely end up with care jobs and u may get stuck except u smart and have a clear plan to attain your goals.

There are other good jobs open to immigrants like finance, lecturers etc but they are not in demand and you have to be outstanding to get a job offer.
artisans/skill trade job is very lucrative but its tightly regulated, and most Nigerians who wants to japa are not well skilled in those sectors b4 leaving Nigeria.

pls do your research b4 selling your properties or resigning your job in naija just to japa. The book of lamentation we keep watching on Youtube on daily basis by recent Nigerian migrants is becoming stale and annoying.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by 2Radii: 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2022
gaby:

That's just the honest truth and reality my brother, and with the inflation at the moment, you'd even struggle to meet all your expenses not to talk of saving up...

EU countries like Spain, Italy, Greece, and France are an advanced Africa in this regards and the Japarians need to be informed.

The savings are monthly.

It is advisable to acquire a professional skill and an in-demand one to beat this "hand-to-mouth" bracket.

Thanks bro, i tot as much

Dis is what i am doing currently bro, i should have jakpaed but i tot of acquiring a skill first. Now i am on my way of acquiring a software development skill...tho i dont know if that wil stil help the situation ooh, but i just want to give a try sha.

How can i be saving 200euro in a month, God forbid bad thing. Even here i save as much as 200k(depending) in a month sometimes(not everytime oh, but at least 100k) and that is after expenses, even with a wife and a kid. A go con waste millions of naira to move over there and stil be labouring to save the amount i save here in Nigeria with ease..no no no, no way.

2 Likes

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by 2Radii: 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2022
ibechris:

That is why it is very hard.
Ahh, that is bad na...that is labouring with distress
Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by etrouble: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2022
ibechris:

In his words:

Lucifer's agent, go away. Let's get there and find out ourselves

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by Mindlog: 3:40am On Sep 10, 2022
ecolime:

UK Masters no be scam if you went in to study what would place you in the category of in-demand skills, not some "irrelevant" courses I see many Nigerians doing here and regretting before graduation.
Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by Mindlog: 3:45am On Sep 10, 2022
ibechris:

In his words:

I am curious why he is still in the UK and not yet gone back to Nigeria. If he is single and making such expenses monthly solely in the UK, then he is wasteful and if he is married and living with his wife, is his wife not earning an income?
Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by ibechris(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
Mindlog:

I am curious why he is still in the UK and not yet gone back to Nigeria. If he is single and making such expenses monthly solely in the UK, then he is wasteful and if he is married and living with his wife, is his wife not earning an income?

Because most of them had sold everything they laboured for here thinking they are going to heaven.

5 Likes

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by zanshi: 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
ibechris:
Note:

I am not against those who are travelling out...but stop selling your properties just to relocate.

It is very hard for many who crossed over but they might not tell u this.

Phrankleen talks about this a lot on his YouTube channel yet a lot of Nigerians want to come for his head.

Since 2017, my parents/friend have been subtly advising me to japa but i told them that i want to have an export based business here before i move. A lot of the immigration dream being sold to Nigerians is to enable them to come work for cheap labour as against what their western counterparts earn amongst others.

Lass Lass we hope and pray for a better Nigeria as there is no place like home.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by ibechris(m): 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2022
zanshi:

Phrankleen talks about this a lot on his YouTube channel yet a lot of Nigerians want to come for his head.

Since 2017, my parents/friend have been subtly advising me to japa but i told them that i want to have an export based business here before i move. A lot of the immigration dream being sold to Nigerians is to enable them to come work for cheap labour as against what their western counterparts earn amongst others.

Lass Lass we hope and pray for a better Nigeria as there is no place like home.

I have observed one thing about Nigerians.
Immediately they travel abroad,no one would hear about them again.

I guess,may be reality just hit them hard,hence the hibernation.

6 Likes

Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:00am On Sep 11, 2022
2Radii:

Thanks bro, i tot as much

Dis is what i am doing currently bro, i should have jakpaed but i tot of acquiring a skill first. Now i am on my way of acquiring a software development skill...tho i dont know if that wil stil help the situation ooh, but i just want to give a try sha.

How can i be saving 200euro in a month, God forbid bad thing. Even here i save as much as 200k(depending) in a month sometimes(not everytime oh, but at least 100k) and that is after expenses, even with a wife and a kid. A go con waste millions of naira to move over there and stil be labouring to save the amount i save here in Nigeria with ease..no no no, no way.
we are in same shoes,just that I am not married.
Re: Planning To Japa...read This. by 2Radii: 4:03am On Sep 11, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
we are in same shoes,just that I am not married.
Ahh, u re better off na grin, my show is tighter grin

But u can still japa like this na since u re single.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage Advice Needed. No Insult Please / World's First Pregnant Man Divorces Wife / Marriage Counsellor Needed In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.