Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Bella!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bella!!! (190 Views)

Braden And Bella Episode 1 / HAD I KNOW ( The Story Of Bella) / A Review Of Akintayo Akinjide’s “dread In The Spine”- Bella Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bella!!! by AyoTalks(f): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2022
We screamed.

She was a playful but fearful puppy, and so the energy she put into the chase of this older goat was not only frightening but surprising.

She could be chasing you around and feeling as brave as a lion, but as soon as you stamped your feet on the ground threatening her, she would immediately retreat in fear.

Not for me, though. Even if I loved her, I always kept my distance. I knew better than to play with her, I didn't want to imagine her teeth on me, regardless of all the "she doesn't bite."

So on this day, she chased the goat in all seriousness, even past our building. People stood there, almost as terrified as I was, while her owner, some other neighbors, and then I yelled her name.

Maybe because I haven't always had animals around me, I was taken aback. I don't know if others were.

What could have made Bella chase that pregnant and most-likely older goat?

Little did I know that mama goat knew what she was guilty of and also knew she deserved it.

Who would have thought that the dumb and stubborn goat could be a trickster as well?

A long time ago, in time immemorial and as old as man, the dog had horns, and a certain goat used to admire it to the point that he wanted it for himself and thought of a trick to get it—befriending the dog. He succeeded and became good friends with the dog.

One day, they were walking around the village together when the dog saw some grains of rice stuck to the bottom of a wooden rice pounder—a normal wooden mortar for pounding rice—and wanted to eat from it, but his horns kept getting stuck, so he decided to remove his horns and put them aside and began eating from the pot.

Seeing the dog put his horn aside, the goat took the chance to steal it, put it on, and run as fast as he could into the forest.

When the dog finished eating, he looked for his horns and didn't find them and chased the goat to no avail.

Since that day, the goat has had horns and has since then become a sworn enemy of the dog.

And that was why Bella, as fearful as she could be, chased the goat, choosing to fight for her ancestors.

Should I hope you enjoyed this?

Love and Light.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Grief Is An Endless Journey! / Synw Congratulates Folorunsho Moshood On His Birthday / Book Review: The Kite Runner By Khaled Hosseini.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.