Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal (824 Views)

Peter Obi At The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal / Davido's Campaign Billboard For Ademola Adeleke In Osun Governorship Election / Gboyega Oyetola Biography, Profile, Age, Wife Kafayat Oyetola, Osun Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by Okerenla: 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2022
Update on Osun Election Tribunal

By Adebayo Adedeji

On July 18, 2022, two days after a governorship election was conducted in Osun State, APC and Governor Adegboyega Oyetola applied for the Certified True Copies (CTC) of the BVAS Report for the election ( Note: The said election was conducted on the basis of Bimodal Voter Accreditation System, BVAS).

After the statutory payments were made, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on July 29, 2022, 13 days after the election, issued the CTC of the BVAS Report to APC and Oyetola.

On August 10, 2022, APC and Oyetola served INEC their Petition challenging results in 749 polling units on the account of over-voting that they believed took place in those polling units.

Having discovered the palpable inconsistencies between figures recorded as accredited votes on the EC8A ( result sheet) and the BVAS Report, INEC, according to APC and Oyetola, mischievously tampered with the contents of the original BVAS report to protect the mandate it erroneously awarded to Ademola Adeleke and PDP by issuing a fresh CTC to the defendants, claiming the CTC earlier issued to APC and Oyetola was incomplete and unsynchronised. Recall the winner was declared on the basis of BVAS.

So APC and Oyetola asked: why did INEC declare a winner when its record was untidy and not yet synchronized?

They further asked: why did INEC, on 20th July, issue the Certificate of Return to the Candidate of PDP when BVAS report, upon which the election was declared conclusive, was unsynchronised?

Oyetola and APC, in their Reply to INEC's Defence, averred that the claim of the electoral body, as to non-syncronisation of BVAS Report, is an afterthought to cover-up a shoddy job it ( INEC) did at the various polling units which led to the over-voting alleged in the controversial polling units.

The Petitioners, Oyetola and APC, are begging the Tribunal in their Petition to cancel the 173,655 votes in the disputed polling units because voters were not validly accredited as stipulated by the extant laws, and the Tribunal should declare them (Petitioners) as winners having obtained valid votes of 314,723 as against Adeleke/PDP votes of 290,213.
Re: Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by rolams(m): 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2022
This can't hold water! This one no be case!
Re: Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by Okerenla: 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2022
rolams:
This can't hold water! This one no be case!

If it is not a case, what is it? Can you read well at all or you are like Ademola Adeleke that can barely read and write?
Re: Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by Sonyboom765: 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2022
Don't mind the fool, most likely an Ipob hyperventilating on Yoruba issue.

Personally, I want Adeleke as gov but if he can not tidy lose end to the seat am sorry.

Okerenla:

If it is not a case, what is it? Can you read well at all or you are like Ademola Adeleke that can barely read and write?
Re: Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by rolams(m): 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
Okerenla:

Oh sorry! Oyetola supporter who can read. Try to understand the meaning of my statement or are you still pained about the lost of the Guber election?

1 Like

Re: Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by rolams(m): 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2022
Sonyboom765:
Don't mind the fool, most likely and Ipob hyperventilating on Yoruba issue.

Personally, I want Adeleke as gov bit if he can not tidy lose to the seat am sorry.

You must be an slowpoke to have replied in this manner. Don't you know the meaning when they say a case can't hold water? Why do you find the statement too complex to understand? You should have asked for an explanation.

1 Like

Re: Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by press9jatv: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2022
Okerenla:
Update on Osun Election Tribunal

By Adebayo Adedeji

On July 18, 2022, two days after a governorship election was conducted in Osun State, APC and Governor Adegboyega Oyetola applied for the Certified True Copies (CTC) of the BVAS Report for the election ( Note: The said election was conducted on the basis of Bimodal Voter Accreditation System, BVAS).

After the statutory payments were made, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on July 29, 2022, 13 days after the election, issued the CTC of the BVAS Report to APC and Oyetola.

On August 10, 2022, APC and Oyetola served INEC their Petition challenging results in 749 polling units on the account of over-voting that they believed took place in those polling units.

Having discovered the palpable inconsistencies between figures recorded as accredited votes on the EC8A ( result sheet) and the BVAS Report, INEC, according to APC and Oyetola, mischievously tampered with the contents of the original BVAS report to protect the mandate it erroneously awarded to Ademola Adeleke and PDP by issuing a fresh CTC to the defendants, claiming the CTC earlier issued to APC and Oyetola was incomplete and unsynchronised. Recall the winner was declared on the basis of BVAS.

So APC and Oyetola asked: why did INEC declare a winner when its record was untidy and not yet synchronized?

They further asked: why did INEC, on 20th July, issue the Certificate of Return to the Candidate of PDP when BVAS report, upon which the election was declared conclusive, was unsynchronised?

Oyetola and APC, in their Reply to INEC's Defence, averred that the claim of the electoral body, as to non-syncronisation of BVAS Report, is an afterthought to cover-up a shoddy job it ( INEC) did at the various polling units which led to the over-voting alleged in the controversial polling units.

The Petitioners, Oyetola and APC, are begging the Tribunal in their Petition to cancel the 173,655 votes in the disputed polling units because voters were not validly accredited as stipulated by the extant laws, and the Tribunal should declare them (Petitioners) as winners having obtained valid votes of 314,723 as against Adeleke/PDP votes of 290,213.
your lies and propaganda can never hold any water. Besides your write up here is full of lies and propaganda. It never happen at all. Oyetola tun ma lule piii Lekan siii niiii ile ejo tribunal.
Re: Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by press9jatv: 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2022
What the people are saying in Osun State presently is that Drug baron Tinubu tun ma lule piii Lekan siii. February 25th, 2023 is the date. Say no to Muslim-Muslim ticket.
Re: Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by Sonyboom765: 5:50am On Sep 09, 2022
See the oloriburuku labelling me a slowpoke, is your father even half as intelligent as me ? So if a case can not hold water na from lunatic like you I go hear am. E be like say your dead brain father never chop 2 by 2 for head before.

rolams:

You must be an slowpoke to have replied in this manner. Don't you know the meaning when they say a case can't hold water? Why do you find the statement too complex to understand? You should have asked for an explanation.

Re: Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by rolams(m): 9:09am On Sep 09, 2022
Sonyboom765:
See the oloriburuku labelling me a slowpoke, is your father even half as intelligent as me ? So if a case can not hold water na from lunatic like you I go hear am. E be like say your dead brain father never chop 2 by 2 for head before.

I wonder when a well trained Yoruba tribe turn to an ill-mannered boy. We are very respectful, smart, brilliant and cool headed tribe. One thing is sure, you are an omo ale, abi ipabe, Arindin, oponu Omo.

I am old enough to be your your father but none the less, I can't have a nonentity like you as a son.

For your information, I won't direct any statement to you again. I understand your father is not happy to have a nincompoop as one of his fruits. I pray to God to heal your father from his present mental imbalance you have caused him soon.
Re: Update On Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal by Sonyboom765: 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
Just imagine this fools talking about well trained. Even your foolishness is astonishing to yourself

rolams:

I wonder when a well trained Yoruba tribe turn to an ill-mannered boy. We are very respectful, smart, brilliant and cool headed tribe. One thing is sure, you are an omo ale, abi ipabe, Arindin, oponu Omo.

I am old enough to be your your father but none the less, I can't have a nonentity like you as a son.

For your information, I won't direct any statement to you again. I understand your father is not happy to have a nincompoop as one of his fruits. I pray to God to heal your father from his present mental imbalance you have caused him soon.

(1) (Reply)

1995 picture of Tinubu, Olukoye Ransom kuti, Akinyemi Johnson / Tinubu Campaign Roasted Corn Stand Spotted in Lagos (Pix, Video) / Obidients Plan Football Tournament In Sapele Delta State (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.