Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Abia State: Are We Cursed Or Are We The Cause* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State: Are We Cursed Or Are We The Cause* (398 Views)

The Senators Representing Lagos State Are Tinubu’s Servants – PDP / Is Abia State Cursed Or We The Indigenes Caused It- PICTURES / Is Rivers State Cursed Or Are We The Cause? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia State: Are We Cursed Or Are We The Cause* by saints4rea(m): 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2022
*Abia state: Are we cursed or are we the cause*

On a neutral ground, I am a young man of few speeches. I was trained to make fewer words supported with massive action. However, our Igbo adage says and I beg to interpret in English, "Oke onye ama na nulo, Ewu amu na ogbuli" meaning an adult would not be at home doing nothing while watching a pregnant goat deliver with ropes tied to neck on the stalk. In this regards, the state of my state has gone so awry and a disgust. I would have kept quiet. However, when few days ago, our mothers took to the streets and laid bare on the road with tears of agony. Then I realised that the need to liberate and sensitize the stakeholders of our dear God's own state was paramount.

August 27th, 2022 was a memorable day for ndi Anambrans as they celebrated their 31st year of creation with several achievements and feats. Unfortunately, Abia state is regarded to be of the same age with Anambra. But its a pity that these whole years, we have had the worst government in Southern Nigeria since creation aside the impact laid by Dee Sam Mbakwe during the old Imo state dispensation.

While growing up, my father, Chief Emmanuel Ndukwe would advised saying, show me your friend and I will tell you who you are. He always reminded me that my company speaks aloud about my personality. Growing up into a young adult, I think he was wrong? You may wonder why I say so. Permit to explain myself. If one's company determines one's worth or personality. How come a man who is regarded as a governor of Abia state for good 8 number of years will only show off a single bridge when the same person he keeps as a friend boasts of over 10 of those.

Another irony comes to play. You visit and support your friend, Governor Wike son's graduation in UK. But you fail to support and fund education in your own state.
Under lkpeazu shortsighted administration, ABSU lecturers are owed several months of salaries, Secondary school teachers in Abia are owed for almost 2 years(my aunt is amongst those affected) and as I recently learnt that the Abia State University Teaching Hospital has shut its doors since 9 months.

Come off it, where did we leave our sanity. Umu Abia, shall we continue this way? Do we stoop to darkness?
While our neighbouring states are advancing in digital economy? When shall we confront our fears and dismantle this bondage of the Orji demonic dynasty.

l am no partisan or one-sided player. But sincerely, having toured 16 states of the federation including the new wave of Ebonyi state, I weep with sorrow that if we don't step out and step up, we will remain the cause of our problems?

Are we cursed? No. Are we the cause? Yes. Emphatic yes. Its true that several youths of my nativity are agitating for self determination. However, its necessary we take actions today by using our manpower, PVC.

We must get it right this time. We are not fools. Abia maramma. We are intelligent. We are industrious. At this time, Umu Abia must choose their leader wisely. A leader who is not imposed on us. A leader with compassion, humility and emotional intelligence. One with visionary to transform our many indigenous ideas to digitalised economy.

Ndi Ibeanyi biko, biara this is the time to do the needful. This is not the time to vote party. This is a time to vote for capacity, integrity, vision and foresight

*IFEANYI Ndukwe, writes from Awka. He is convener, Arise, New Abia Movement*

Re: Abia State: Are We Cursed Or Are We The Cause* by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 08, 2022
Vote Obi for the betterment of the country.

(1) (Reply)

These Northerners Are All Working Together To Terrorise Northern Nigeria / Oyetola, Election Petition Tribunal And The Estoppel Doctrine / Since Buhari Came In, Every Nigerian Can Now Afford 3 Square Meals Per Day-Dauda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.