Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) (40666 Views)

Top 10 Most Powerful Superheroes In Movies (photos) / List The Popular Movies You Feel Ashamed To Tell People You Have Never Watched / Top 10 Hollywood Best Most Popular Movies 2017 Impelreport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by SimplyAJ(m): 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2022
internationalman:
We are always quick to shout film trick but we ignore the amount of work, time, money and technology to make these possible..

That's why the budget for an average American movie can produce over 500 Nigerian movies.

Nollywood should send people abroad to learn how to perfect an accident scene first before any others can follow. It's so annoying watching an accident scenes is nollywood.

Government should also help with funding.
I swear down guy. Some of those Nigerian actors sef you go see them dey smile where Dem suppose dey serious. E no even feel real
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by hardon1(m): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2022
I am particular marvelled by this green screen technology

Hopefully a time will come when Nollywood would learn, embrace and adopt these technologies. Am just imagining regenerating ancient African society... Like the outlook of an African village 1000 years ago

1 Like

Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by KingMack(m): 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2022
Nollywood... thunder fire all of una During Goodluck time e give Dem @$1mil ooo
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by excell0001: 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2022
one thing why I like what the foundation for multimedia and creativity is doing in port harcourt
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Tywo2018: 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2022
I thought they use this technology for one Nigeria movies undecided grin Na God this Country Chaii
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by internationalman(m): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2022
Temptee101:

They should start with their wack story lines

You are right. It's always a boy and a girl who was barely even friends (mostly because of financial and social differences) but ends up being lovers

2 Likes

Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Sethaaron: 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
Ready100:
(5)
abeg, what is the name of the movie that the guy was in a boat with the Tiger?

1 Like

Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by internationalman(m): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
SimplyAJ:

I swear down guy. Some of those Nigerian actors sef you go see them dey smile where Dem suppose dey serious. E no even feel real

Lol. How do you guys even watch Nigerian movies.

The only thing that can make me watch Nigerian movie is if it's comedy

1 Like

Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by jikins(m): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
internationalman:

But there are individual who can invest in the movie industry too. Isn't that what a capitalist economy should be about.

Money is not evenly flowing in this country because the billionaire would rather pile up money than invest it in meaningful ventures.

It would interest you to know that there are billionaires in this country whose cash at hand or money in the bank is worth more or bigger than their investment. Another reason why Nigeria economy is so shitty.

But you see billionaires in the USA the reverse is the case .

Investing in the movie industry isn't the problem. The problem is will your investment be profitable? Piracy has killed and is killing nollywood. Many of us want change but we are not ready for it. If you and many other Nigerians are ready to change and stop downloading pirated version of stuff. Then we can progress on that front. Strong legislation and diligent excecution is need to turn Nigerian entertainment industry around. And that will spell the end of you downloading movies or series for free instead we will all have to pay for whatever we want to watch.
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by internationalman(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2022
jikins:

Investing in the movie industry isn't the problem. The problem is will your investment be profitable? Piracy has killed and is killing nollywood. Many of us want change but we are not ready for it. If you and many other Nigerians are ready to change and stop downloading pirated version of stuff. Then we can progress on that front. Strong legislation and diligent excecution is need to turn Nigerian entertainment industry around. And that will spell the end of you downloading movies or series for free instead we will all have to pay for whatever we want to watch.

Who are to make these rules for change. Is it not government.

You think Nigerians are stubborn? They are not.
It's because of irresponsible and corrupt government that made it seem so.

As stubborn as bus drivers are in my state, when a new Governor assumed office and made packing in an unrestricted area attract a fine of 20k without any plea bargaining if found guilty, they are obeyed the law like an American citizens.

At first they think it was a joke but when they started feeling the brunt of it body tell them.

My point is however or wherever the leaders lead us that's where we will go.

1 Like

Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Ray07(m): 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
BeanmanX:
Bahubali own shock me.... grin grin grin

Indians have gone far in the movie industry,,,they now make their movies like that of the USA and also they budget huge amount of money for their movies and ads
even Americans the fear India for VFX. Those guys and China the craze at times for VFX grin
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Emman08: 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2022
Kobicove:

When will that day come? grin

Probably never grin
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by teebagy: 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

teebagy and sunnychibs , make una come see the tribalism una Dy talk about.

hahahaha
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by teebagy: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2022
invinzible1:
We are not as corrupt as them
we are worse
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Ray07(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2022
Angelfrost:
We all know it's all cgi done in studios, but actually seeing these takes away from the thrill.

That Game of Thrones own is just one kain! undecided
Make Nigeria first build movie studio.
Na the main thing be that.

Wished I had money, na wetin I for invest in.
They cgi thing doesn't take away the thrill for me. In fact, I often wonder the amount of time put in making single scene.
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2022
marlow1962:

Supported
And later one illiterate coward will come here and say why are we comparing USA to Nigeria, is it not the same humans living there are living here( oya do wertin the humans they do for USA).

the reason the west is advanced the way it is, has a lot to do with the centuries of free labor they had thanks to slavery and genocide of entire nations, for their own selfish agenda... til today. but hey, if you really think that the war in Afghanistan is because of democracy and/or invading Libya was to help the Libyans, then you have to wake up! technology is all about having money for research etc, which the west has abundantly, while people in poor countries look for something to eat

these countries are the way they are because they are RUTHLESS and are willing to have millions of poor people die in order to achieve their selfish agenda/aim (go ask te american indians etc).

1 Like

Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by jikins(m): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
internationalman:

Who are to make these rules for change. Is it not government.

You think Nigerians are stubborn? They are not.
It's because of irresponsible and corrupt government that made it seem so.

As stubborn as bus drivers are in my state, when a new Governor assumed office and made packing in an unrestricted area attract a fine of 20k without any plea bargaining if found guilty, they are obeyed the law like an American citizens.

At first they think it was a joke but when they started feeling the brunt of it body tell them.

My point is however or wherever the leaders lead us that's where we will go.

Exactly, but who vote those leaders in? Who lobby's them to effect these changes. And do they have the will to do so? If we want change we need to be willing to vote in people who will effect the changes we need. And hold those who are meant to implement it accountable. The reasons those bus drivers obey is because of the implementation. Trust me if the implementation of that packing is not enforced for months they will go back to default settings.
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Angelfrost(m): 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2022
Ray07:
Make Nigeria first build movie studio.
Na the main thing be that.

Wished I had money, na wetin I for invest in.
They cgi thing doesn't take away the thrill for me. In fact, I often wonder the amount of time put in making single scene.

I know boss!

The take away I'm on about is that kids, even some adults, just want to keep reality away from fantasy!

Just leave them with their wild imaginations! Don't come and be explaining how Batman scaled 50 stories, or how Dwayne Johnson jumped across burning buildings! grin
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Ray07(m): 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2022
Angelfrost:

I know boss!

The take away I'm on about is that kids, even some adults, just want to keep reality away from fantasy!

Just leave them with their wild imaginations! Don't come and be explaining how Batman scaled 50 stories, or how Dwayne Johnson jumped across burning buildings! grin
I understand. E go pain say them waste their time believing in lies. cheesy
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by phorget(m): 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2022
internationalman:

But there are individual who can invest in the movie industry too. Isn't that what a capitalist economy should be about.

Money is not evenly flowing in this country because the billionaire would rather pile up money than invest it in meaningful ventures.

It would interest you to know that there are billionaires in this country whose cash at hand or money in the bank is worth more or bigger than their investment. Another reason why Nigeria economy is so shitty.

So if you are rich you'll invest in an uncertainty economy where tomorrow one Adamu will start making policies that will crumble your investment abi... undecided
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Allisgud: 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2022
marlow1962:

Supported
And later one illiterate coward will come here and say why are we comparing USA to Nigeria, is it not the same humans living there are living here( oya do wertin the humans they do for USA). Read a thread about 5kv wats electricity (whatever I don’t gv a phuck) if you see the one one illiterate dunce was spilling rubbish eh (God4bid, na then I know say illiteracy no be only disease na also affliction cus I knw say definitely em own pikin go be dunce like em papa)
all this are high budgeted movies,hw do u compare $50m movie to #10m movie

1 Like

Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Backlaw406(m): 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2022
internationalman:
We are always quick to shout film trick but we ignore the amount of work, time, money and technology to make these possible..

That's why the budget for an average American movie can produce over 500 Nigerian movies.

Nollywood should send people abroad to learn how to perfect an accident scene first before any others can follow. It's so annoying watching an accident scenes in nollywood and their usual palm oil for blood and white shirt whenever they are getting shot just so the palm oil (blood) stain more visible

Government should also help with funding.

Well said man. Those people are ahead of us one billion times.
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Allisgud: 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2022
all this are high budgeted movies,hw do u compare $50m movies to #10m movie
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by jessylaurel(f): 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
Ready100:
(3)

But why must the background be green
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Backlaw406(m): 7:08pm On Sep 09, 2022
internationalman:

It's because they have good foundation. It all boils down to bad governance.

You have a very good brain capacity or hidden talent that you haven't even unravel because the Nigerian set up is not conditioned to make it possible for those hidden talent to be annexed, explored and utilized.

To solidify my the point above, Africans and other immigrants are part of the scientist breaking grounds in technologies and medicine in the USA.

That's why I like the USA. What you can become as a mere immigrant in USA you cannot become in other countries or even your own country of birth.

Exactly. Most black people were also the part of western's civilization. I have forgotten the name of this black man, even he was a Nigeria that developed the better computer at the early stage of computer evolution. We africans also have brains, it is only our bad goverment and bad system that is weaken down our capacity.
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Qtrpst4: 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2022
The two of you are the same

seunmsg:

Can’t you guys differentiate between Seun and seunmsg? Are you this slow?
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Backlaw406(m): 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2022
internationalman:

Exactly. The billionaires here are self centered, all they gather their money either legally or illegally do is to flaunt, chasing the clouts and marries woman as much as possible. Charity, they won't do, invest in research and technology, they won't do. All what they like is monopolization, just only me, only me. I don't know reason why an individual should be the one to construct a refinery that a sovereign nation would invest in. A sovereign nation that failed to build a refinery and got it crude oil refined oversea, an oil producing's country at that. It's a shame for us, how can we progress when even we failed to produce ordinary what we eat. It's a pity, we must not be going like this or else terrible yet to come.

1 Like

Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2022
internationalman:

You have said it all, people always complain government because they don't understand how economy works. Our biggest problem is our millionaires billionaire failing to invest especially in new technologies they are afraid because most of them are brainless.
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Backlaw406(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
Adakintroy:

You no fit talk without beating down ur country?

Fiction no matter how real is still fiction. So in what way are they ahead?

You know wetin you dey talk like this. Be sincere, are they not ahead of us truely?
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by jamesversion: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
@Ready100, what is VFX??
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Okarakwu: 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2022
I was part of the crew of the half of the yellow sun at Calabar .,.after being involved and watching the making of the movie, I lost interest in foreign movies cos I know most of how is being done
Re: Before And After VFX Effects In Popular Movies (photos) by Mamijoh(f): 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
Emman08:
Naija we got get there one day grin
by God Grace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IMSU VC, Adaobi Obasi On BBNaija: "Nina Will Undergo Moral Rehabilitation" / BBNaija: Jackie Wins N1.5 Million "Pepsi Lyrics Challenge" / #BBNaija Thelma Mocks Seyi Also Applauds Tacha For Blasting Him. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.