Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,461 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) (3403 Views)

Caucasian Shepherd Dog Owner's Thread / Help I Am A First Time Dog Owner Having Difficult Time With Training My Pups. / Boerboel Attacks Thief That Tried Attacking The Dog Owner In Abia(Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2022
Buying this dog today for 50k as a first timer.. i need urgent help. Thanks. Can someone with full knowledge of Dog breeding figure out if this is actually a GSD?

1 Like

Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2022
31 views... no response!! Please guys how do i know if this dog is a pure breed German Sheperd. I dont want to get scammed.
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by dopedan(m): 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2022
It is german mixed with ekuke
german ekuke

3 Likes

Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 1:51pm On Sep 09, 2022
dopedan:
german ekuke
do you advice i buy or leave bro? Seller is on the way already.. though it's pay on delivery.
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2022
How do i know which is pure breed please? Guys help me!!
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Tokskob2008: 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2022
mrking3:
do you advice i buy or leave bro? Seller is on the way already.. though it's pay on delivery.
This doesn't look like 60% breed not to talk of pure breed and definitely not worth 50k.
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
It is a german Shepherd BRI But not a pedigree It's worth it especially for a first timer
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
mrking3:
How do i know which is pure breed please? Guys help me!!

OP Sherman Shepherd are known for their coat, fallen ears and jawline.
From the picture it ticks every box although like I've already mentioned, its purity is not a 100%
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2022
Tokskob2008:

This doesn't look like 60% breed not to talk of pure breed and definitely not worth 50k.
hmmm.... so i'm obviously buying Ekuke!! Kai... dude is already on the way to deliver. Might just pay him delivery fee and ask him to go with the Dog!!
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2022
Luckydabull:

OP Sherman Shepherd are known for their coat, fallen ears and jawline.
From the picture it ticks every box although like I've already mentioned, its purity is not a 100%
thanks... the Review suggest a Red flag!! Calling off the deal now...
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2022
Luckydabull:
It is a german Shepherd BRI
But not a pedigree
It's worth it especially for a first timer
BRI? NOTa pedigree? Can you explain further? Please thanks. On growth rate?
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2022
mrking3:
BRI? NOTa pedigree? Can you explain further? Please thanks. On growth rate?

I meant to say bro and not BRI
When I say not a pedigree, I mean the parents of the pup are not registered and do not meet the standards but I might be wrong. So u have the picture of both parents? if no kindly request from the buyer and post for me to see.

On growth rate, that pup up there is gonna be one heck of an active and tall dude. With the right amount of everything, it'll turn out great. That's a working line sherperd and the coat is amazing.

1 Like

Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2022
Luckydabull:

I meant to say bro and not BRI
When I say not a pedigree, I mean the parents of the pup are not registered and do not meet the standards but I might be wrong. So u have the picture of both parents? if no kindly request from the buyer and post for me to see.

On growth rate, that pup up there is gonna be one heck of an active and tall dude. With the right amount of everything, it'll turn out great. That's a working line sherperd and the coat is amazing.
oh... thanks my brother for taking out time to school me on this. I really do not have interest in dogs. But my kids genuine love for the ekukes in my street caught my attention and interest. Once they are through with their meal, they run out to give out large portion of their meat to the dogs outside. So i decided to get one for them to grow up with. I had wanted Caucasian. But quite expensive. So looked up for something cheaper and above the usual local dogs.
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
mrking3:
oh... thanks my brother for taking out time to school me on this. I really do not have interest in dogs. But my kids genuine love for the ekukes in my street caught my attention and interest. Once they are through with their meal, they run out to give out large portion of their meat to the dogs outside. So i decided to get one for them to grow up with. I had wanted Caucasian. But quite expensive. So looked up for something cheaper and above the usual local dogs.

You're welcome
I'm just a dog lover and I've bred quite a few
If you'd take my advice, get the dog and use it as an understudy. When its old enough to mate, get a very good quality German Shepherd.
you'll thank me later
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2022
Luckydabull:

You're welcome
I'm just a dog lover and I've bred quite a few
If you'd take my advice, get the dog and use it as an understudy. When its old enough to mate, get a very good quality German Shepherd.
you'll thank me later
thank you sir, it's the male i'm getting...
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Tokskob2008: 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2022
mrking3:
hmmm.... so i'm obviously buying Ekuke!! Kai... dude is already on the way to deliver. Might just pay him delivery fee and ask him to go with the Dog!!
Lol, not totally pure Ekuke either. I personally won't pay as much as 50k for it but since you really need it urgently you can beat the price down if you still want to buy it.
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2022
Dude that's a german shepherd not a mix, the ears are not errect yet becos it still a puppy, don't let any one tell u this is an "ekusian" cus it not, not all german shepherd ears are errect at this stage. And as for the german shepherd x ekuke mix, you will surely see a white patch on the tail or the chest on the dog, the black mask will be absent, Or better still request the matting pics.
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by KingFrank01: 10:34pm On Sep 09, 2022
mrking3:
Bro do not listen to those calling your dog ekuke that's how they behave once you post a dog for clarification the ignorant ones will first label it ekuke.
This pup is a German Shepherd.

1 Like

Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Countrykvng(m): 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2022
dopedan:
german ekuke

Oga calm down, you should see the parents first
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 10, 2022
Countrykvng:

Oga calm down, you should see the parents first

My brother e tire me

Someone that hasn't even trained an ekuke b4 will just come online to say rubbish
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Peterodion49(m): 8:08am On Sep 10, 2022
Send the parents picture here so I will advise on whether to buy or not
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2022
KingFrank01:
Bro do not listen to those calling your dog ekuke that's how they behave once you post a dog for clarification the ignorant ones will first label it ekuke.
This pup is a German Shepherd.
thank you for the encouraging words bro even though i don't take any negative vibes to heart. I'm a novice that knows nothing about dog breeds. So they might be right or wrong until someone with superior knowledge proves them right or wrong. However, i finally went for it today! And TESSIE now has a knew home. Thanks brother.
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2022
Thank you guys for your inputs yesterday!! Today! My family welcomed TESSIE Into her new home!! Shes 5 weeks old! And one Heck of an Active Pup!! She hates staying indoor alone. And loves grabbing toys with her Teeth. Just less than 20 minutes, she's now very familiar with her knew Name.

I just made mixed noodles and egg for her. I noticed she picked out the boiled eggs and eat very little of the noodles. I don't know if she's a slow eater or doesnt like noodles. Will try out boild rice and fish later in the evening! Will keep you guys posted on the development. So in due time, will find out if she's Ekuke or half Sheperd! LOL!! but the energy in this dog is amazing!! My 5 year and 3 year old kids cannot stay alone with the pup. And this are kids that plays with other dogs in my vicinity oo!! Bigger dogs for that matter. But they cannot even touch a pup of just 5 weeks. However, i know with time, they will get used to it. I don bringam home be say i don bring am!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
Lovely pup❤️

1 Like

Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by ebonyoyas(m): 8:14pm On Sep 10, 2022
Nice pup.. pls ensure she's properly vaccinated & dewormed as at Wen due.. Make sure u socialize her at this stage.. And be prepared to start changing all ur slippers in the house grin
mrking3:
Thank you guys for your inputs yesterday!! Today! My family welcomed TESSIE Into her new home!! Shes 5 weeks old! And one Heck of an Active Pup!! She hates staying indoor alone. And loves grabbing toys with her Teeth. Just less than 20 minutes, she's now very familiar with her knew Name.

I just made mixed noodles and egg for her. I noticed she picked out the boiled eggs and eat very little of the noodles. I don't know if she's a slow eater or doesnt like noodles. Will try out boild rice and fish later in the evening! Will keep you guys posted on the development. So in due time, will find out if she's Ekuke or half Sheperd! LOL!! but the energy in this dog is amazing!! My 5 year and 3 year old kids cannot stay alone with the pup. And this are kids that plays with other dogs in my vicinity oo!! Bigger dogs for that matter. But they cannot even touch a pup of just 5 weeks. However, i know with time, they will get used to it. I don bringam home be say i don bring am!!

1 Like

Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2022
ebonyoyas:
Nice pup.. pls ensure she's properly vaccinated & dewormed as at Wen due.. Make sure u socialize her at this stage.. And be prepared to start changing all ur slippers in the house grin
wow... you are right! Meaning she has traits of Real GSD! She eats up slippers ooooo

1 Like

Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
Peterodion49:
Send the parents picture here so I will advise on whether to buy or not

1 Like

Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 10, 2022
I don camp for here
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by ebonyoyas(m): 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2022
Lolz..nice smiley
mrking3:
wow... you are right! Meaning she has traits of Real GSD! She eats up slippers ooooo
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by wizi44(m): 11:15am On Sep 11, 2022
[quote author=mrking3 post=116542748][/quote]I am guessing this is the dad, what about the mom
Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
wizi44:
I am guessing this is the dad, what about the mom
i only screenshot this short video clip. I will request for the full clip later. The dad should be the one behind the mum.

Re: DIARY OF A FIRST TIME DOG OWNER. (GSD) by mrking3(m): 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
2nd day of TESSIE with us. I have comstructed a new home for her. She's a voracious eater. I have been serving her with noodles and Fish intestine since yesterday. But i noticed she has slowed down with eating this evening. So hoping to introduce dry foods and Booster to her meal from tomoro. She pooped last night in her cage and robbed all over her. So i had no choice than to bath her. So aftera while, i noticed she began to shiver. And has been quiet all day. So taking her to VET by tomoro. She backs all night and only stops when she's out from the cage. She's quite hyper active reason i only release her from the cage once i'm around coz there's presence of unkept dogs in my compound. So i try as much as possible to keep her away from them. It's been an amazing experience trying out something new this year!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

PICTURES: Pure Athletic American Pit Bull Terrier Puppies Available!!! / 15 Weird Pets In History That People Dared To Keep / “my Beast” Full Breed Boerboel Male

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.