Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading (732 Views)

86 Rooms Where Tenants Paid ₦250,000 A Year Found Under Dolphin Estate Bridge / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
Mediation is this morning 9th September 2022.

*ChikA EBUKA*

1)Copy of notice and issues
2) Fraudulent application for housing claiming to be an artisan whilst engaging in Yahoo yahoo
3) Using drugs heavily, being sexually suggestive to young girls when under the influence. Concern that he might rape.
4) Suspected to be selling drugs constantly going into the roofing. He and his large no of guests/clients driving around in Okada every hour of the night and day.
5) Constantly fighting with yahoo yahoo friends who come to the compound shouting and throwing stones (video)
6) Fighting with Prostitutes who are shouting in the compound for non payment(video)
7) Friends will take okada to compound and hide without paying transport. Okada person throwing stones into the compound. Concern of damage to other tenants cars. Other tenants having to pay on their behalf to avoid trouble
cool Constant noise disturbance from about midnight to 7am in the morning drinking and smoking illegal drugs.
9) Despite request not to do so, will put personal bin in the hallway creating stench and vermine.(photo)
10) Significant property damage.(photo)

*OKOYE*

1) 10 months rent overdue
2) Fraudulent application for housing claiming to be an artisan whilst engaging in Yahoo yahoo
3) Using drugs.
4) Fighting with Prostitutes, who are shouting late into the night saying Charles issued them with fake credit alert and having to be bailed out by other tenants so that they can sleep.

*MICHEAL Gbenga*

1) Currently owes 4 months rent.
2) Fraudulent application for housing claiming to be an artisan and contractor whilst engaging in Yahoo yahoo
3)For 8 years never pays rent when due but pays what he likes when he likes.
4) Despite rent being less than husbands one week's wage even if working on minimum (least) wage.
5) Despite wife being an accountant initially working at an insurance company, then as an accountant at just rite. They keep pushing responsibility to each other with neither doing the right thing.
6) Despite wife's father's help providing free education at his school for their children.
7) Despite their mum's friend from 3 houses down advancing them 100k towards their rent payment in April 2022.
cool They have continued to demonstrate a lack of responsibility towards the payment of their rent and a non-challant attitude.
9) Using drugs.
10) Threatening violence and tried to hit me with a showel resulting in police action and their apology
11) Fagunwa's need for threat of physical violence is totally unacceptable.

*Gbenga*

A) Tenant took a one bedroom flat in 2018 at 200k per annum Now owes 12 months and counting) and husband does not work but he is always at home, has never paid rent when due, both husband and wife made a fraudulent application for housing as regards their address and employers and suspected to be destroying the property (Will never allow landlady to inspect the house for repairs but will be inviting some tenants in and asking them to see the state of the flat. This is a new building and they are the first tenants).

B) Recalcitrant ( intolerable nuisance) tenants who play out by being a saboteur and saying the house has bad energy they are going to leave but never does and asking that other tenants should leave that the wife (Olutosin - (46 years) with hot and bad blood) works with lagos-state judiciary and will help them fight their landlady. In a compound of 12 Tenants they do not get along with any tenant and will not pay to other tenants money for services. They are occultic e.g. burning pampers and sanitary towels all over the compound, killing large amount of lizard and living it lying around all over the compound (saying everything and everyone is after them) thereby creating hygiene issues for their neighbours, bringing in Hausa medicine men/witch doctors inside the compound both have no home training especially the wife and husband now calls her landlady by her first name. Attempted to hit the landlady but was held back by her husband. Since collecting the keys they have been extremely toxic, rude and abusive, refused to handover nepa application to landlady, will block and/or not respond to landlady communication etc about rent payment and they bring toxic energy into the compound and will repeatly be fighting other tenants over water pumping. They do not greet nor get along with anyone in the compound. Their similarly evil partner in crime has been evicted and only lasted 2 months in his next rental before they got rid of him. These are the type of tenants who only come to kill their landlord and need to leave.

They now owe 12 months rent and counting.

Everyone deserves their place of peace and they have been issued with quit notice but have refused to leave.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2022
Last year I had to put this on hold while I deal with issues in another unit.

I am putting this initially through mediation and if this does not yield the desired result will escalate as necessary.

We have had to be more stringent with lettings requiring only NIN, Electoral card and International passport as ID and requiring proof of income in the form of payslip or bank statement.

One has been found out by fraudulently inserting a name he claimed is his surname into the copy of his NIN he provided and also providing a funny reason why his surname is not on his bank payment. Nigeria and Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by keeper303: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
gabbytabby:

I am putting this initially through mediation and if this does not yield the desired result will escalate as necessary.

We have had to be more stringent with lettings requiring only NIN, Electoral card and International passport as ID and requiring proof of income in the form of payslip or bank statement.

Tenant wahala cool shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 5:28am On Sep 10, 2022
My visit to the magistrate Court to kick start the process in August who did I meet in the registrar's office opening the files, the tenant who is the reason for my visit so at least I can confirm her place of employment.

In the application for housing as part of their fraudulent application, she lied about her place of employment.

I came out with an agreement for them to leave at the end of November. If they do leave case closed. If not then we will throw the book and open all issues.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by aieromon(m): 8:17am On Sep 10, 2022
gabbytabby:

One has been found out by fraudulently inserting a name he claimed is his surname into the copy of his NIN he provided and also providing a funny reason why his surname is not on his bank payment. Nigeria and Nigerians.

May the forces of the earth be with you. Good tenants in Lagos are hard to find these days.
Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 3:07am On Sep 26, 2022
Finally mediation on 23rd September 2022.

Chika Ebuka - No show (word in the compound is that he is afraid in case he gets held and arrested at the centre.)

Micheal Gbenga - Confidential agreement acceptable to both parties and towards achievement of my objective.

Okoye - Confidential agreement acceptable to both parties and towards achievement of my objective

Gbenga - Agreement in principle to vacate November 2022.

The general opinion are that mediation centres are pro tenant but once you get evidence of your claims ( you don't even have to show unless really necessary ) and are focused on your ultimate objective, the work of the lawyer if needed at all will be enforcement of the agreement.

Na them want Confidentiality and na them tell all tenants the details as soon as they got back.

The original date was the 9th September but lagos traffic meant I left home at about 0730am and got there at about 1300pm for a 0900am appointment so we had to rearrange for 23rd September.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
While I was very clear about my reason for applying for mediated settlement ie principally that

1) Tenants are yahoo yahoo and I did not want yahoo yahoo in my house.
2) Tenants were not paying or/and making unacceptable irregular payment.
3) Tenants were in arrears with their rent.

The mediator chose to put down what she liked.

For confidentiality reasons, the complaint needed to have been dealt with separately with each tenant ( I have used the mediation centre before and this is standard procedure) but this mediator choose to have me against both Tenants at the same time which a typical landlord would find intimidating

After the mediator insisted I just went ahead with the complaint me I no send. I know where and how to escalate if I need to so I was unphased by their conduct.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Result

1) Chika Ebuka - handed over vacant possession yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by aieromon(m): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2022
gabbytabby:
Result

1) Chika Ebuka - handed over vacant possession yesterday.

Congratulations
Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 7:51am On Oct 26, 2022
Apparently he is not only Yahoo and druggy. But Yahoo plus self and they use horn to talk to victims.

He used to say I am strong and I always wonder you dey try something on me.

See paraphernalia

I am told the drug is 3k each and them they use up to 4 to 6 daily.
The juju they use to hold person with the pins

Wahala dey for this Nigeria oh.

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 8:38am On Nov 03, 2022
Felix Damage repairs costs

Total 73k

1) Bricklayer 7k
2) Plumber 11k
3) Tiler 33k
4) Carpenter 9k
5) Electrician 8k
6) Front door welder 5k

And still remains 2 locks in bedroom and kitchen at 8k aside the fact that you destroyed the bedroom door by painting it 13k

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 8:44am On Nov 03, 2022
Apparently moved out with 2 traditional yam pounders what is a young man who does not cook do with 2 yam pounders hence part of he suspection that he his selling and 6 to 10 short time visitors daily

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 1:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
Apparently moved out with 2 traditional yam pounders what is a young man who does not cook do with 2 yam pounders hence part of the suspection that he his selling and his 6 to 10 short time visitors daily.
Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 7:04am On Nov 08, 2022
1) Mr OKOYE did not comply to mediated terms and owes over 1 year rent so he is deemed an illegal occupant to be evicted forcibly.

2) Mr Ghenga Micheal complied with mediated terms and requested 1 month extention which is to be finalised with mediation centre.
Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
2 down and 2 more to go.

I hear that Gbenga the one whose wife works at the ikeja magistrate Court has left today.

With 14months rent unpaid

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2022
Make una hear another

An agent of over 40 year stated that he saw and heard something when he went to collect key from Gbenga. He was washing the floor and when he told him it is not necessary he insisted that he must wash his leg from the house.

When they grow up around occultic parents who perpetrate evil they are always afraid of even their own shadow may God heal their mental health issues.

This is suppose to be a choir mistress and junior pastor.

I am told the state of the flat is unbelievable and will post pictures. This is a new September 2018 building and they are the first tenant. Apparently their windows is always shut hence damp and they would not spread clothes outside and have clothes lines all over their home.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 8:58am On Dec 03, 2022
3 down and I more to go.

Mr Okoye has moved on owing 13months rent.

I am told this flat is clean and hardly any work needed only that it appears to have bedbug infestation.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by aieromon(m): 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2022
gabbytabby:
3 down and I more to go.

Mr Okoye has moved on

I am told this flat is clean and hardly any work needed only that it appears to have bedbug infestation.

Good job.
Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 3:37am On Dec 16, 2022
Okoye too had what was described as an ocultic shrine and a lot of women soiled pads was swept out of his flat.

Yahoo is no longer just yahoo but yahoo plus which makes them even dangerous to their neighbours and landlords.

May God continue to protect one from all this evil tenants.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2023
Final tenant left today.

All 4 moved on. To God be the glory.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by aieromon(m): 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2023
gabbytabby:
Final tenant left today.

All 4 moved on. To God be the glory.

Congratulations.

I had the same issue and was able to get all tenants evicted through the court. I never wish the same for any landlord or caretaker.
Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
This is a 12 bed flat compound the others are okay. Me I did it through mediation and knowledge that if they make me go through court hmm hmm. We will invite ndlea and efcc join.

They all had issues with fraudulent application for housing to start.

3 have been let and immediately the other tenants see prospective they will call me if they have concerns even saying they don't want yahoo yahoo to their faces. I now try to be around during letting and meet the people one on one.

aieromon:

Congratulations.

I had the same issue and was able to get all tenants evicted through the court. I never wish the same for any landlord or caretaker.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
It's time to go install new jam lock and security fencing. We might throw small party self.
Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by aieromon(m): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
gabbytabby:

3 have been let and immediately the other tenants see prospective they will call me if they have concerns even saying they don't want yahoo yahoo to their faces. I now try to be around during letting and meet the people one on one.

Wise decision. Beware of impostors.
Re: Lagos Tenants Another Incident Loading by gabbytabby: 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
aieromon:

Wise decision. Beware of impostors.

Thank you. The last tenant still tried it. They rent husband and wives self. Wrong details so one of the tenants noticed she was evicted from a house 4 doors away and I let her know the game was up but the feedback was monetarily she was a good tenant but lied about being married and the landlord was insistent that they wanted only married couple while this was not an issue for me provided She meets the income requirement.

Oluwole (fake) bank statement self.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do U Need An Accomodation / A Plot For Sale / Do Your Building Plans At An Affordable Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.