Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) (16600 Views)

Cost Of Transportation From Oshodi, Lagos State To Osogbo / Hit-and-run Driver Crushes Woman To Death In Osogbo - Pictures / How Do I Travel From Benin City (edo) To Osogbo (osun State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by jswitch(m): 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
Traveling from Makurdi, the Benue State capital in the middle belt to Osogbo, the Osun State capital in South Western part of Nigeria is no doubt a long but fascinating journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYuxMzhB6K0

One of the down sides of this trip is the fact that there is no direct bus (vehicle) between both cities (Osogbo to Makurdi). So, from Makurdi, you’ll need to board a bus going to Ibadan so you can alight at Ilesha junction in Osun before taking another vehicle to Osogbo.

The journey from Makurdi to Osogbo gives one the opportunity to appreciate the large landmass that this country is blessed with alongside a beautiful vista of nature.

From Makurdi, you’ll pass through Naka, Adoka before getting to Ankpa in Kogi State. Naka and Adoka are towns in Benue State while Ankpa is in Kogi State.

The next major city you’ll get to is Anyangba where the Kogi State University is located. From Anyangba, you’ll get to Itobe where you’ll cross the river Niger bridge over to Ajaokuta.

Right from Itobe to Ajaokuta to Okenne, the road is relatively good. It’s always a straight route. From Okenne, you’ll head to Ibirlo in Edo State.

Ibirlo is a popular place for most travelers because most drivers usually have a stop there for passengers to eat and relax before continuing with the journey. Pounded yam with bush meat is my favorite meal whenever we have a stop at Ibirlo. It will interest you to know that their fried yam is always irresistible for most commuters.

From Ibirlo, you’ll get to Isua, Oba Akoko, Oka Akoko then Akumgba before getting to Owo- all in Ondo State. Akoko just like several parts of Kogi is adorned with beautiful landscape decorated with mountains.

Owo to Akure to Ilesha is also a straight route. The expressway actually leads to Ibadan. From Brewery junction (along the expressway) in Ilesha, you’ll take the right turn and head for Osogbo.

From Ilesha to Osogbo is just about 25 minutes drive (17 km).

10 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by feranmi143: 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2022
Yo fish, i will create my tread soon about this travel stuff, usa duo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2022
My interstate traveling days are dwindled, my next travel out of Lagos is out of the country

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by jswitch(m): 8:09am On Sep 10, 2022
feranmi143:
nice trip

Thank you.

Please show me love by liking and subscribing

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by missyojo(f): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2022
It's ibilo

That their fried yam and plantain dey enter eyes grin

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Tonim(f): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2022
Nice cheesy

Wish you Safe trip

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by jswitch(m): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2022
missyojo:
It's ibilo
Thanks for the correction.

That their fried yam and plantain dey enter eyes grin
The aroma get A1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by pakirisuitesphc(m): 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
Do well to visit Ripples hotel at Oroki Estate to really enjoy Osogbo. I am waiting here for you with babies

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by jswitch(m): 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
pakirisuitesphc:
Do well to visit Ripples hotel at Oroki Estate to really enjoy Osogbo. I am waiting here for you with babies

Lol.... U go get the update here. But before I explore the city of Osogbo, I want to visit Ejigbo to make a video on how people travel from the town to Ivory coast seamlessly.

I heard that almost every family in Ejigbo has a relation in Ivory coast.

That'll definitely be my first point of call.

Grab your popcorn; I go drop d gist here

9 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by odinga1of: 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2022
jswitch:

Lol.... U go get the update here. But before I explore the city of Osogbo, I want to visit Ejigbo to make a video on how people travel from the town to Ivory coast seamlessly.

I heard that almost every family in Ejigbo has a relation in Ivory coast.

That'll definitely be my first point of call.

Grab your popcorn; I go drop d gist here

From Ejigbo to Ivory Coast by Road or Sea? Cos I was a friend to an Osun State girl then on Facebook, she dey Abidjan that year. I was like small Muslim girl traveling to Abidjan. And my big head dey village. Lol

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by RepoMan007: 9:14am On Sep 13, 2022
odinga1of:

From Ejigbo to Ivory Coast by Road or Sea? Cos I was a friend to an Osun State girl then on Facebook, she dey Abidjan that year. I was like small Muslim girl traveling to Abidjan. And my big head dey village. Lol
From Osun to Lagos by road about 3.5 hrs.
Lagos to either Togo or Abidjan by road is about 6.5 hours
So no big deal there.
Nigerians and my village mentality. Even PH to Kano is longer than Osun to Abidjan.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Originalsly: 10:13am On Sep 13, 2022
Enjoyed watching. Interesting. I'm curious to know if Okenne has running water. I noticed two overhead water tanks ... higher than the buildings in the community.... and am wondering if they supply water to the community. With that set up... people can get running water in their homes. I always wonder why local governments don't invest in such a basic infrastructure.
On the roads.... it's shame what we call highways... the state of them and worse ... there seems to be no serious plan for road infrastructure. I guess after these monstrous all wheel drive trucks have destroyed the roadways and can no longer move along we will be importing trucks that run on tracks ... like war tanks. Sad.
Looking forward to more videos.... but do make more local stops and let's get a close up of these places and their people.

The two overhead water tanks...... or are they something else?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by slawomir: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Travelling is fun sha ....I always prefer road trip than all those overrated flight....except say maybe person dey in hurry or rather due to insecurity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by nawa4naija(m): 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
Sir I dey greet you

To The man above me

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by ipobarethieves: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
cool
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Cognitivereason: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
hmm
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by wandebanks: 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
Be safe Out there, Ransom money is hard to come by these days !

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by twilliamx(m): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
Kk
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
Chai I Dey miss Maktown.

Just that those useless black and red boys no let the town sweet. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by feranmi143: 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
Yo fish,
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Roheenoo(m): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
Interesting
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by vaughno: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
Be careful, please.

Nigeria is really a beautiful country.
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by mbahdi(m): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
Welcome home omoluabi
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Parachoko: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
Road trip dey sweet very well

When insecurity improve in Nigeria and the road becomes good and safe, I will drive from Lagos down to Maiduguri, spend some few days in Maiduguri with a friend of mind living there and then drive back to Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Mindlog: 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2022
Good to watch though I doubt doing road trips in Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Voiyupe: 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2022
Just see
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Emeka71(m): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2022
Exciting journey.
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Bavappp: 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2022
Be careful
Re: Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) by Realmi: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
grin...u use style dey do vedio so that if anything happen for road internet go know as e take happen....nice safety tip... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Japa: Navy Arrested 75 Nigerian Stowaways Hidden Under Rudder Of Cargo Ships / How Many Countries & States In Nigeria Have You Been To? / Dana Air Clears Air On Malicious Whatsapp Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.