Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 (1076 Views)

NURTW treasurer, Alowonle Asekun murdered in Lagos / Olorunwa Rafiu Akanni & Ade Lawyer Paraded For Killing Hamburger Of NURTW / Police Clash With NURTW In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Indelibleword(m): 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2022
Today is a very painful day seeing unfettered lawlessness in my country and becoming a victim of it. I was driving from trans amadi to link with PH-Aba Road, at Garrison Junction, I was stopped by a man wearing NURTW polo shirt. Before, I know what was happening, two other guys have entered my car, I confronted them about what they were doing and what authority they have to demand anything from private vehicles. They started rambling about me using utility vehicle and that I must have their sticker. I argued that I am not a transporter and so, nothing concerns me with their sticker.

I was asked to park which I did as one of them rushed for my key. They started shouting that they will impound my vehicle and I will pay 45,000 before getting it back. I called some people with phone but they were so far away from where they held me. I was at their mercy. Two of them said I should give them something, I insisted I am not with cash. At a point I went to withdraw 2,000 to give them so I can just move, they collected the money and went to hand over the key to their Chairman who started his own. After back and forth argument, he said he will collect 15,000. I told him I don't have that kind of money.

They drove the car to their office in Abali Park and said they will be closing by 4pm and if it was not resolved by then, it will be Monday before anything could be done about it. All the people I called to speak with them did not yield any result. I paid the money and left. I am still shocked by the experience. The brazen extortion and embarrassment from motor park touts.

Their oga at the office, when I demand why they were doing that rubbish, he said it was utility vehicle tax they were collecting on utility vehicles like mine. He said it doesn't matter if it is private or commercial. I was livid and helpless at the same time. He mentioned other vehicles like Jetta, Camry, buses etc. He said they were empowered to collect that money and there is nothing anyone can do about it, even security agents. If you are in PH and you are using those cars mentioned, beware of those miscreants around Garrison flyover. They are in collusion with task force agents there.

However, I don't want the matter to end like that. What is the best way to seek redress and stop that nonsense violation and embarrassment on private vehicle owners who drive cars assumed to be used for public transportation. Useful advice is needed. Please Mod help me push it to front page.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 09, 2022
Hahaha hungry men
Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2022
Wahala
Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by GeneralPula: 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2022
Nigeria is like this because of Nigerians..

We don’t have mercy towards one another..

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by iHart(m): 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
No even try carry Hilux enter Aba or Owerri. Ha ga adogi vavava!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Porksupplyib: 11:34pm On Sep 09, 2022
So sorry about your experience. I equally faced something similar while driving a Toyota Camry wagon in Ondo state. It was a bad experience as I had some chicks in my car and I actually ended up losing some to heatstroke due to the lengthy delay.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by PerfectStranger(m): 11:34pm On Sep 09, 2022
Wike boys. Same shit tinubu boys are doing in lag grin

Utility vehicle tax kill them there

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Indelibleword(m): 11:38pm On Sep 09, 2022
So sorry about your experience. [/quote]
Thanks, is there anything one can do to stop this harassment?
Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Porksupplyib: 11:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
Indelibleword:
So sorry about your experience.
Thanks, is there anything one can do to stop this harassment?

I doubt there is much that can be done. The main problem is that these so called laws should be published and made known to the public so that we know when we are at fault and when we are not, to prevent unneccesary and undue extortion.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Indelibleword(m): 12:10am On Sep 10, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
Porksupplyib:
So sorry about your experience. I equally faced something similar while driving a Toyota Camry wagon in Ondo state. It was a bad experience as I had some chicks in my car and I actually ended up losing some to heatstroke due to the lengthy delay.

Wow, that's wickedness. Are they forcing private car owners to join their union by force?
Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by feedthenation(m): 12:11am On Sep 10, 2022
---this is very unfortunate---most of these people are cowards---
Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by swaqq(m): 1:32am On Sep 10, 2022
I don’t stop for anybody except police/lasma. Any man born of a woman who dare try such with me will either live with legs broken or leave the earth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Indelibleword(m): 7:52am On Sep 10, 2022
[color=#990000][/color]
swaqq:
I don’t stop for anybody except police/lasma. Any man born of a woman who dare try such with me will either live with legs broken or leave the earth.

This seems to be their only antidote. Nigeria seems to be breeding their good citizens to become callous. But that is the language those boys understand.
Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Baronthecelebri: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2022
Na you gree for them,if na me we die there.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Baronthecelebri: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2022
swaqq:
exactly bro,no nonsense, take the bull by the Horn
Re: My Encounter With NURTW Guys While Driving Private Sienna 2002 by Sammysolution: 5:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
Sorry sir, we are experiencing a similar case here too in Oyo state, I used an Opel zafira 1999 model, any time I'm going out, I always wind my window halfway, and always on central lock, because of all this consultant boys, calling their self local government agent.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Ibu In Tears As He Expose His Wife And How She Tried Kïllïng Him In Hospital / 'yahoo Boy' Lifts Lid On How He Gets And Scams 'clients'. / Somebody Help Me, I Have Been Duped:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.