Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Tip To Get Added To The ALX Room As A Fellow Without Stress - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Tip To Get Added To The ALX Room As A Fellow Without Stress (3577 Views)

Have Anybody Passed The Alx Program? Share Your Experience / My First Month At The ALX Software Engineering Programme / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tip To Get Added To The ALX Room As A Fellow Without Stress by Vicky2k(m): 7:16am On Sep 10, 2022
Good Morning Y'all. ALX Programs looks like one of the hottest and coolest upskilling remote learning programs for Africans this 2022. This Year programs are free courtesy of Sponsorship from some Companies and Partners who know how beneficial it is to upskill talents from the African Region to improve Global Work Force.

#DoingHardThings is a Motto for ALX especially for the 12 Months Software Engineering program. 70 Hours per week is no Exaggeration. I am a June cohort in my 4th Month and it ain't easy for the Faint Hearted so I can relate with the person who opened a thread saying he has dropped out.

Acquiring these Tech and Soft Skills and being Added to the Room as a Fellow is the main thing any one in ALX should aspire to. All ALX Program Graduates get to be added to that Room - Networking and Job Opportunities is what the Room is all about.

If you are already a Dev and you trust your Technical Skills, you mustn't take the 12 Month Route to get to be Added to the Room.
Not everyone can give 70 hours per week and many people have full time jobs too. You can as well try other lesser time engaging ALX Programs e.g take the VA Course which is 8 Weeks long and when you finish it, you will be invited to the Room during which you can now add your LinkedIn and Set up for profile as a Developer rather than a Virtual Assistance worker.

This is just my opinion on how to join the Room as a Dev with lesser hassles. The Skills you get when you are able to finish the 1 Year Full Stack ALX SE program cannot be in any way underestimated

2 Likes

Re: Tip To Get Added To The ALX Room As A Fellow Without Stress by Anonymous6o6: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2022
Vicky2k:
Good Morning Y'all. ALX Programs looks like one of the hottest and coolest upskilling remote learning programs for Africans this 2022. This Year programs are free courtesy of Sponsorship from some Companies and Partners who know how beneficial it is to upskill talents from the African Region to improve Global Work Force.

#DoingHardThings is a Motto for ALX especially for the 12 Months Software Engineering program. 70 Hours per week is no Exaggeration. I am a June cohort in my 4th Month and it ain't easy for the Faint Hearted so I can relate with the person who opened a thread saying he has dropped out.

Acquiring these Tech and Soft Skills and being Added to the Room as a Fellow is the main thing any one in ALX should aspire to. All ALX Program Graduates get to be added to that Room - Networking and Job Opportunities is what the Room is all about.

If you are already a Dev and you trust your Technical Skills, you mustn't take the 12 Month Route to get to be Added to the Room.
Not everyone can give 70 hours per week and many people have full time jobs too. You can as well try other lesser time engaging ALX Programs e.g take the VA Course which is 8 Weeks long and when you finish it, you will be invited to the Room during which you can now add your LinkedIn and Set up for profile as a Developer rather than a Virtual Assistance worker.

This is just my opinion on how to join the Room as a Dev with lesser hassles. The Skills you get when you are able to finish the 1 Year Full Stack ALX SE program cannot be in any way underestimated

Lmao
This won't work Sha
Before making a suggestion, do make research or experience it yourself.
Re: Tip To Get Added To The ALX Room As A Fellow Without Stress by Anonymous6o6: 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2022
Vicky2k:

This is my fourth month in Alx Software engineering program, I finished Alx Virtual Assistant Program last week, the "ROOM" for virtual assistant is different from the one for software engineers.

Alx designed it in a way that each course has it's own ROOM. Besides, anyone with such mindset might find it getting into the ROOM. The reason is because after the alx program, you have to defend your projects and pass an assessment test before you're added to the ROOM.

I once spoke with an ALX graduate, the guy graduated last year but wasn't added to the ROOM because he couldn't defend his projects and he didn't pass ALX ROOM assessment test.

3 Likes

Re: Tip To Get Added To The ALX Room As A Fellow Without Stress by ajerimitan: 10:20pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hi Tracy, I am already messed up as an August cohort 9 presently we have started C. I got hooked on the git hub assignment. 0x01-git to be precise the git merge conflict threw me off balance i couldnt resolve it. By the time i was able to resolve the conflict manually by adding up the files in the main, I already lost the message on the conflict. I restarted but it was not adjusted I had to destroy that was when I got into more trouble before then i read up a manual on how to resolve git merge conflict but I ended up more confused. I was hell bent on getting all the assignments done by myself I already did most of the assignments but have four outstanding projects yet to be touched now. My score is very low also 48℅ to be precise. I think the best option is to re-apply, copy and paste as much as necessary when needed just to meet up. I just hate the idea of getting a certificate I will not be able to fully defend 101℅ .
Anonymous6o6:

This is my fourth month in Alx Software engineering program, I finished Alx Virtual Assistant Program last week, the "ROOM" for virtual assistant is different from the one for software engineers.

Alx designed it in a way that each course has it's own ROOM. Besides, anyone with such mindset might find it getting into the ROOM. The reason is because after the alx program, you have to defend your projects and pass an assessment test before you're added to the ROOM.

I once spoke with an ALX graduate, the guy graduated last year but wasn't added to the ROOM because he couldn't defend his projects and he didn't pass ALX ROOM assessment test.

1 Like

Re: Tip To Get Added To The ALX Room As A Fellow Without Stress by Anonymous6o6: 4:02am On Sep 12, 2022
ajerimitan:
Hi Tracy, I am already messed up as an August cohort 9 presently we have started C. I got hooked on the git hub assignment. 0x01-git to be precise the git merge conflict threw me off balance i couldnt resolve it. By the time i was able to resolve the conflict manually by adding up the files in the main, I already lost the message on the conflict. I restarted but it was not adjusted I had to destroy that was when I got into more trouble before then i read up a manual on how to resolve git merge conflict but I ended up more confused. I was hell bent on getting all the assignments done by myself I already did most of the assignments but have four outstanding projects yet to be touched now. My score is very low also 48℅ to be precise. I think the best option is to re-apply, copy and paste as much as necessary when needed just to meet up. I just hate the idea of getting a certificate I will not be able to fully defend 101℅ .

You have really struggled through
Next time, don't destroy your sandbox because destroying your sandbox to delete all your work, not just on git but on emacs, vim and shell.

I advise you reapply and start preparing ahead

1 Like

Re: Tip To Get Added To The ALX Room As A Fellow Without Stress by adaperry25: 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2023
Can one do this program part time?

(1) (Reply)

Method To Shuffle Cards In C# / Need Help On This Basic Php / Learn And Practice Python Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.