|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,083,905 members, 7,596,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 September 2023 at 04:43 PM
|Project Manager Required In Maritime Industry For Port Development by aqua(m): 11:24am On Sep 10, 2022|
PROJECT MANAGER REQUIRED IN MARITIME INDUSTRY FOR PORT DEVELOPMENT
Minimum age- 45 years
Position Title: Manager, Projects and Technical Services
Project type: Special
Type: Permanent or Fixed Term Contract of up to 5 years
Closing Date: 30th September 2022
A sector leader in specialized construction, foundry and metal works, agro business and trade,
offering end to end supply chain and logistics solutions, and employing a diverse workforce.
Reporting to, assisting and representing the Chairman on this project, you will be vested with
and have full delegated authority to deliver the target project within scope and set timelines.
You will attend meetings and take strategic decisions which have been agreed on a scenario
basis. The ideal candidate will be the gateway to the Chairman, prepare notes, briefs and
presentations on the project, prepare and provide reports and updates timely and on request.
You will take responsibility for project managing delivery of identified project workstreams and
governance of the new port development project. This will include project management of
workstreams relating to the design and build contract, Client or Associated Stakeholder directly
delivered workstreams, and management of internal and external multi-disciplinary
professional and construction project teams.
You will also provide support to the Senior Project Manager in all aspects of project and
financial management and in reporting to the Project Board; ensuring successful stakeholder
engagement and collaboration, governance and delivery within the agreed budget, time and
Playing a part in the Change and Delivery team that sits within the Group management of the
business, the role will report into the Board and Committee level for port development. Your
role as a Project Manager will mean you are responsible for working directly with the business
to successfully deliver projects from initiation to closure; making effective use of the necessary
resources and skills, and adhering to project organisational governance and control
The Change and Delivery team is composed of project and system specialists who have a strong
business improvement focus, and the collective ability to combine data, information and
practicality to efficiently translate ideas into decisions, and then into actions. It is a transversal
team which is responsible for the delivery of some of the key strategic projects and improving
performance by optimising business processes.
As a member of the Leadership Team the role supports the Client and Organisation in achieving
the Strategic Plan of delivering on assignments.
Key Relationships and Interactions
• The Executive Team;
• The Leadership Team;
• Direct and indirect reports of the Portfolio’s under the control of this position, and
• Other individuals at all levels within this and all other Business Units,
• Contractors, Consultants, and other service providers;
• Customers, Lessees, Harbour Users, Licensed Stevedores, Suppliers, and Agents; and
• Regulatory Bodies including but not limited to NPA, NIMASA, State and National
Environment Regulation and Protection Authorities, Transport ministry, NRC, National
and subnational MDAs, ICRC etc.
• Accountable for delivery of assigned projects to agreed criteria to optimal time, cost,
scope and quality and utilising appropriate and agreed project methodology.
• Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Escalates risks /
conflicts and provide proposals to effectively address them. Applies robust risk, issue
and change controls.
• Effectively estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements, securing resources
and building realistic / optimised plans for the successful delivery of the project(s) to the
agreed scope and budget. Monitor and track all activities and takes action where these
deviate from the plan.
• Manage third parties and suppliers to meet all project goals within agreed costs, time
and quality criteria.
• Provide effective leadership to the project team, shaping the team, motivating team
members to achieve their project objectives and develop their skills and experience.
• Effectively manage, influence and motivate all Stakeholders and Sponsors to ensure full
understanding, commitment and engagement to the project goals.
• Actively represents the project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and
maintained with the business and provide accurate and timely reports.
• Develop detailed project plans and associated governance documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a
timely and clear manner.
• Create regular status reports for stakeholder and project team information.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Coach, mentor and motivate project team members and contractors, and influence
them to take positive action and accountability for their deliverables – self-organising
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Conduct project retrospective meetings to ensure continual improvement of the Project
• Input into and develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
within the PM function.
Skills and Competencies:
• Previous experience leading safety critical projects is a key requirement
• Solid understanding of project management principles, methods, techniques and tools
and project lifecycles.
• Experience of budget management and the ability to make decisions.
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to build successful relationships with
internal and external customers.
• Proven experience and ability to lead and motivate teams in delivering results.
• Proven experience of managing relationships with third parties.
• Experience of budget management and the ability to make decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to manage and develop people effectively.
• Experience of influencing Senior Management population.
• Displays the Team Leadership Dimensions of Focus On The Customer, Share To Succeed,
Results Orientation, Change Leadership, Team Leadership, Strategic Vision, Building
Capability and promotes the Organisation Values.
• Ability to problem solve and challenge where appropriate.
• Experience of working with teams in multiple locations.
• Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to truly understand the
underlying needs of the business.
• Experience working in a Port or Logistic environment preferred.
• Preferable – Accreditations in a Project Management discipline (practitioner level, e.g.
DSDM Atern, Certified Project Manager, APMP, Prince2 Practitioner. Solid
understanding of project management principles, methods, techniques and tools and
project lifecycles (Waterfall/DSDM)
• Or, experience in Project Management Disciplines
If you feel you have the necessary skills to undertake this challenging role please send
applications in writing, detailing any relevant experience and current salary, to this email:
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53