Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? (1930 Views)

I Don't Care Neighbours / Wife Breaks Bottle On Husband's Head After He Slapped Her-neighbours Hail Her On / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Having Sex With Her Neighbours Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Quiteparrot: 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
I want to believe that we are all weird in one way or the other but some people are real weirdo, I have this neighbour with a strange behaviour, I can't say maybe it's shyness or the introvert ways of behaving.

He lives upstairs while I live in a bungalow beside his, whenever I open my door to come out, he will run inside with a great speed as if he's about to see a ghost. Normally, if we bump into each other accidentally he communicate very well but avoid frequent eyes contact. The other day he almost fell while running away from only God knows what chases him, my wife just burst into laughter. I'm not an introvert nor an extrovert, an ambivert kind of , I don't blab and won't initiate an endless or senseless conversation to have suggested his strange behaviour. The other day my kids were to open the gate for me, immediately he sighted me where he was relaxing at his balcony he suddenly picked up speed and run enter his house, Aside this his running running things, he's a lovely person.

Do you have any weird neighbours, share your experience.

6 Likes

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by feranmi143: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2022
Yo fish, we may be under two words (male and female) but we ain't the same, i use to be shy when trying to comminicate with opposite gender except am use to them. but with time i did make a change.

1 Like

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by slimjohn2k5: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
He may be gay
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Klass99(f): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2022
I once met a young guy whose snoring sounds like a frog croaking, like cricket sound or more like 2 iron scratching each other Sha but it was very terrible I think it's spiritual, and he doesn't even knows. Very pitiful
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by illicit(m): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2022
I am the weirdest neighbor

1 Like

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Quiteparrot: 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
Klass99:
I like your username and your entire post has me laughing out loud. Your neighbour is really weird, extremely so, too.

Is it possible he's a fugitive on the run or wanted criminal and doesn't want you seeing his face or recognising it when you see it somewhere? That's the only explanation I can think of, for this level of weirdness.

I've never had weird neighbours just baffling ones who don't understand or respect boundaries.

I wonder o, this is a man in his fifties with grown up children. this has been going on for years now and sometimes ask myself why or what could he be afraid of. Could it be he's done something awful to me in the past and was expecting some negative results but suprise I'm still living, just can't wrap my head around it.

I'm making plans to renovate my house to a story building, then our balconies will face each other, I hope he survives the frequent shocks.

12 Likes

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Klass99(f): 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2022
grin

4 Likes

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2022
He probably has a crush or he is afraid of you. grin

1 Like

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Karleb(m): 4:41am On Sep 11, 2022
Introverts are going through a lot.

That's why I hate when people glamorize it. The fellow is extremely shy and self conscious.

6 Likes

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by socialmediaman: 5:26am On Sep 11, 2022
OP did you really mean run or brisk walk? Avoiding people could be due to shyness and lack of social skills but running away from them is very weird

3 Likes

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by poshestmina(f): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2022
I once had a weird neighbour too.
This guy hardly, left the house. He was always in his apartment, with no friends, no visitors, nothing.

Nobody in the compound knew his name, we were referring to him as "that tall brother" for years, and he hardly answers greeting, In some compound meetings, he, attended, he would only shake his head in agreement with whatever anybody is saying .
Nobody knew how/when he was getting groceries, etc.
There was a Christmas day, I cooked and share with all my neighbours, he rejected the food, wanted to give me money for "Christmas groove" , meself rejected it.

That guy was really weird.Those kind of people might die in their house and no one will notice for weeks/months.

9 Likes

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Acidosis(m): 11:29am On Sep 11, 2022
You're probably over thinking things.

1 Like

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Wizywiz(m): 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Rubbiish(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
poshestmina:
This guy hardly, left the house. He was always in his apartment, with no friends, no visitors, nothing.

Nobody in the compound knew his name, we were referring to him as "that tall brother" for years, and he hardly answers greeting, In some compound meetings, he, attended, he would only shake his head in agreement with whatever anybody is saying .
There was a Christmas day, I cooked and share with all my neighbours, he rejected the food, wanted to give me money for "Christmas groove" , meself rejected it.

That guy was really weird.Those kind of people might die in their house and no one will notice for weeks/months.
This is quite funny lol
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Quiteparrot: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
socialmediaman:
OP did you really mean run or brisk walk? Avoiding people could be due to shyness and lack of social skills but running away from them is very weird

Yes run like he's about to see a ghost and I could hear his stamped steps like someone running for safety. Once he hear the sound of my door being opened the next thing is to hide behind the balcony wall or run, sometimes our eyes jammed each while he was trying to peep to be sure if I had gone back inside, it's extremely weird conduct

1 Like

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Quiteparrot: 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2022
Klass99:

cheesy You no just well at all. You sef, you get your own for body and you seem to be enjoying this drama.

I initially asked if he was married or single, if you had seen other family members around but I edited my post, thinking, his marital status had nothing to do with his behaviour.

However, reading that he has grown up children and he is in his fifties just makes the story more intriguing. Can you address the issue head-on one day and boldly ask him, why he does that or what the problem is? It will be interesting to hear his feedback, because this internet stranger too, is curious to know why a grown man will repeatedly act like that.

Have you guys had an altercation in the past? Enough to warrant him trying to harm you? There may be something here because the human heart is desperately wicked even in the absence of an altercation, some bad belle people still seek to harm you. But we can only speculate. Just ask him one of these days or better still knock on his door and pay him a surprise visit, make him kukuma quench from shock and awe grin.

Not that I don't have the guts to ask him but I think that will make him feel very uncomfortable thereafter. For 13 years now, I've never had a fight with him and I doubt I will ever because I'm too meek for such , I do visit them on Christmas before, eat and dine with them but since 7 years ago when this weird behaviour intensified I stopped. I put up this post when I was thinking aloud yesterday after such weird behaviour took place. It's not much of a threat to me though as we don't live in the same compound but just sometimes wondered why.
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Elmojiid(m): 4:34am On Sep 12, 2022
He might have woo your wife thinking your wife might have told you just saying ni o

2 Likes

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Dexyity(m): 6:12am On Sep 12, 2022
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by zed7: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hahaha. Very funny dude. Honestly, I haven't really met weird people per se.

I once had a neighbour who stays in his balcony naked, at broad daylight. People said he had mental issues. Nice, apartment, upscale neighbourhood etc. I was told he came from a prominent family and they rented the place for him.

That's the closest to a 'weird' neighbour I've had.

1 Like

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by breadplanets(f): 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Wahahahahahaha....op abeg keep us posted. This gist sweet pass honey grin grin
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by iamyemiakins(m): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
We introverts and our orisirisi sef! grin

You would think you're the most introverted and boom! Another weird introvert shows up grin
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Greenback: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
Klass99:
I like your username and your entire post has me laughing out loud. Your neighbour is really weird, extremely so, too.

Is it possible he's a fugitive on the run or wanted criminal and doesn't want you seeing his face or recognising it when you see it somewhere? That's the only explanation I can think of, for this level of weirdness.

I've never had weird neighbours just baffling ones who don't understand or respect boundaries.

if them call you birdbrain nah grin
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Lamanii22(f): 11:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
Oh yea I do! This guy is just so weird in someway, he kinda look like Sméagol in lord of the rings… for some reason I feel he really wants to be my friend, he greets me even when I dont See him he would make sure our eyes meets… I’m scared of him though and sometimes I feel pity for him cause he doesn’t have anyone to talk to except his mom…

2 Likes

Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Ihavethingstodo: 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
Quiteparrot:

Yes run like he's about to see a ghost and I could hear his stamped steps like someone running for safety. Once he hear the sound of my door being opened the next thing is to hide behind the balcony wall or run, sometimes our eyes jammed each while he was trying to peep to be sure if I had gone back inside, it's extremely weird conduct

Wahala cheesy for someone you have 'known' for more than 10 years now, it is really weird
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by JBoss25(m): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
poshestmina:

na me be this grin

And is having friends even wise? With all the jealousy that's filled in humans hearts
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by JBoss25(m): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
Quiteparrot:

This is serious, maybe he has a mental problem
Re: Weird Neighbours, Do You Have Any? by Srii: 3:56am On Sep 22, 2022
Being an introvert is only good till about age 20. Anything above might affect you in a negative way if care is no taken.

(1) (Reply)

Best Divorce Letter Ever / Reality Of Bad Luck. / Nigerian Women A The Problem Of Child Birth- 5 Or More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.