Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Udom Pays Salaries, Pensions, Gratuities Against All Odds- Media Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Pays Salaries, Pensions, Gratuities Against All Odds- Media Aide (189 Views)

Kogi Workers Jubilate As Yahaya Bello Pays Salaries Before Christmas / Enugu Govt Earmarks Paris Club Savings For Payment Of LG Pensions, Gratuities / Fayemi Pays Salaries, Allowances Of Fayose’s Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udom Pays Salaries, Pensions, Gratuities Against All Odds- Media Aide by edikandavid(m): 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
"Governor Udom Emmanuel's administration has cleared outstanding Gratuities and has paid Salaries and pensions of workers and pensioners as at when due".

The special Assistant to the Governor on Media, Revd. Richard Peters stated this while putting up defense for his Boss whose administration is alleged to be owing backlog of Gratuities and pension in a Radio program monitored by our Correspondent in Uyo yesterday.

The programme which was aired by one of the private Radio stations in their phone in session with some youths of an opposing political party was dissecting the Governor's 7years administration when the Special Assistant to Governor Emmanuel on Media called in to put the records straight.

According to him "Do you people know that Governor Udom Emmanuel upon assumption of duty as the State Chief Executive cleared 10 years backlog of gratuity from 2001 to 2011? Retirees from 2012 to date have been getting their gratuity in batches. It is on record that Akwa Ibom State doesn't owe salaries or pension, as workers and pensioners are paid as at when due.

"I think that it is a disservice and injurious to this State for people to sit on the studio to spread falshood, I maybe forced to believe that this programme is politically sponsored to malign the hard earned reputation of this governmenton, I'll urge you to desist from such actions".

"Governor Udom Emmanuel is one man that has really shown capacity and passion for service without making noise".

Revd Peters further highlighted that the Governor has been paying Retirees from from 2012 in batches calling on those in doubt to visit the office of the state Accountant general for proper and realistic information.

He opined that the administration of Governor Udom Emmanuel has remained transparent in managing the finances of the state stressing that all Retirees who are cleared for pension do have their names pasted regularly at the notice board of the Accountant general"s office.

" It is on record and also a public knowledge that the governor recently approved billions of naira to clear Gratuities of Retirees, so what you are spewing on air are lies against the government. This falsehood must stop. I know the elections are here but you should have concentrate in marketing your candidate rather than de marketing a leader with enviable and remarkable achievements".

Revd Peters quickly added that the Governor will never be distracted by the litany of lies manufactured daily by opponents stressing that he will remain focus in ensuring prompt and quality delivery of democracy dividends.

He continued " The Udom Emmanuel administration against the poor economy and dwindling allocations has not only paid Salaries Pensions and Gratuities but also turned the entire state to construction site with quality roads been churned out daily. He has also ensured Agricultural revolution and food sufficiency, empowerment of youths and construction and upgrading of hospitals and health facilities across the State among many other achievements, all these achievements have chains of beneficiaries especially the youths".

" I think Akwa ibom people know the truth so I will advise you people to stop inciting the people against the government. The governor deserve some respect and these sponsored blackmail should stop henceforth. Gov Emmanuel's milestones are visible and eye marked" He added.

Tony Anichebe, Uyo

Re: Udom Pays Salaries, Pensions, Gratuities Against All Odds- Media Aide by derecho(m): 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kikikiki... PO don start revolution o
Re: Udom Pays Salaries, Pensions, Gratuities Against All Odds- Media Aide by dododawa1: 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
Nonsense,he no won pay before.
Re: Udom Pays Salaries, Pensions, Gratuities Against All Odds- Media Aide by Minime10(f): 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2022
It's a fat big lie from the pit of hell by the governor's aids. My Dad died in 2003 September, 2nd and this is 2022. His death entitlement has not been paid up till now, not even after serving the State for 33 solid years before his untimely death. The goverment of udom Emmanuel is lying
Re: Udom Pays Salaries, Pensions, Gratuities Against All Odds- Media Aide by Obidient4life3: 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2022
Until I hear from my friends mother I would not believe this!

(1) (Reply)

Africa Should Move On By Dr Joe Abah / Africa Iconic Women Awards To Honour 20, Commences Nomination Of Eligibles / Jurgen Kloop Begs Liverpool Fans To Observe Minute Silence For Queen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.