Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,184 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM (10313 Views)

Gtbank: Make A Bank Transfer Without Internet – USSD Code! No Token! / I Buy Used Atm,solar And Inverter Batteries / Gtbank Atm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
[center]
ATM Deposit Prototype[/center]

GTBank has added yet another feather to its cap with the new technological endorsement it gained from Interswitch Nigeria -leading electronic payment processing firm as GTBank customers are now able to make cash deposits through some designated ATMs.

[center]The Blueprint[/center]
GTBank customers will be able to deposit cash through ATMs without inserting a debit card. The ATM cash deposit solution from Interswitch can be accessed on certain GTBank cardless ATMs by clicking the enter button on the machine, which requests the customer to enter the details of the account to be credited.

The ATM then requests for a confirmation of the account number and account name of the beneficiary. Once confirmed, the customer inserts the amount to be deposited, the ATM counts the cash and credits the beneficiary’s account immediately.

The ATM cash deposit solution also allows the depositor to put in a bundle of different naira denominations and the ATM will sort through the different denominations.

After sorting, the ATM displays the amount according to the different denominations and totals the amount inserted. The machine is also able to ask for any correction form the depositor before going ahead to credit the beneficiary's account.

Once the account has been immediately credited, the beneficiary is able to withdraw also instantly. This cardless solution now makes it unnecessary for customers to visit the banking halls before making cash deposits. This system also allows customers to make deposit at any time, also on weekends.

A welcome development from Nigeria's most commended Bank.
[center]Culled from: VisionitesMagazine[/center]
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by sholatech(m): 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2011
Zenith bank had some, started years ago on Ajose Adeogun
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Ojumiii(m): 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2011
a good development
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 11, 2011
i hope dis machine has d ability to detect fake notes? If not, GT bank is on a longer tin!
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by prayNaija: 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2011
This is a welcome development. Hope it circulate round all gtbank soonest. I am also sure it has security measures that could detect fake notes and other abuses. Bravo
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by zikclassiq(m): 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2011
Gtbank 4 life! Hope the atms will be in secured areas o!
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Greenpro: 1:43pm On Aug 11, 2011
GTB is always ready to deliver greater service. kudo
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by bolla1129(m): 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2011
which of the branches?
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by OdyOdy(m): 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2011
while other banks are closing up or are in jeopardy, GTBanks takes a step forward with a new initiative. I am joinin this team soonest.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2011
No long tin, another avenue for theft,
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by kizito96(m): 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2011
Good news and a good innovation. This is what happens abroad, Good Job
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Nymphnode(m): 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2011
We are used to the screen lighting  up with 'Unable to dispense cash'. Hope this one will not come up with 'Unable to ingest cash' Imagine having to return that million or 150 thousand back home in the full glare of those sniffers

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by velo10: 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2011
Boyloaf:

i hope dis machine has d ability to detect fake notes? If not, GT bank is on a longer tin!

Word!
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by oneuniquemind(m): 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2011
Life made easy wt gtbank.join the leadin team.wr re ds machines now
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by SuperT(m): 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2011
Its welcome Idea. Its wonderful Programme.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by detopshot(m): 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2011
Boyloaf:

Word bro!
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Jimbaz7(m): 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2011
What happens when the cash enters and there occurs network failure?
Just asking, smiley
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by detopshot(m): 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2011
QUE: Pls i nd to b informed. If i hav exactly N1,000 in my GTBank current acct on the 1st of Jan without making any deposits or withdrawal, what wil be my balance on 30th June and why?
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by bamosagie(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2011
There have been cases of ATM debitting account but not dispensing cash, what if the machine collect your cash and simply refuse to credit your account.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by 4peace(m): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2011
bamosagie:

There have been cases of ATM debitting account but not dispensing cash, what if the machine collect your cash and simply refuse to credit your account.
another jamb question.
you go to bank with print out
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by digi101(m): 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2011
GTB will definitely need a lot of customer awareness and staff effort to get this going. A very commendable and innovative product i must say, at least the nightmarish queue in the banks deposit section should disappear.
But all the same GTB should take proactive actions to layout prospective challenges clients may have during the use of this machine' such as:

1. Network failure
2. Evacuation of cash promptly so the machines don't just shut down when filled
3. This is naija, from the demo pics the oyinbo is putting in mint notes, will the machine be able to count abused naira notes properly?
4. If me and the machine disagree on amount deposited i hope it will give me back my dough 0! grin
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Gbenge77(m): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2011
Guaranteed to take the lead.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by seedord247(m): 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2011
Hope say them no go sack pple for bank shaaa?
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by auwal87(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2011
ATM is FULL, please try later or check our other ATMs

Thank you

grin
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by auwal87(m): 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2011
Technology RULES!

Guys better go learn new technology, or else no Job for you soon!
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Primegold: 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2011
A great innovation. Welldone GT Bank!

I hope roll out will be fast well spread out.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Primegold: 6:28pm On Aug 11, 2011
Primegold:

A great innovation. Welldone GT Bank!

I hope roll out will be fast and well spread out.

Now that's what I mean to say!
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Jman3(m): 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2011

Yes. it can detect and reject fake/counterfeit notes and mutilated notes. It has a copy of the ideal notes and uses this to compare and contrast. It is so strict that even legitimate notes not cut properly from CBN will be returned.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Jman3(m): 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2011
4peace:

another jamb question.
you go to bank with print out

Guys, in this case, when the back-end server is down and an account cannot be credited, the ATM will refund the money to the cardholder. This has been tested severally and certified. So you can perform your deposit with confidence.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by Jman3(m): 7:28pm On Aug 11, 2011
Jimbaz7:

What happens when the cash enters and there occurs network failure?
Just asking, smiley

Your money will be refunded.
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by detopshot(m): 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
auwal87:

ATM is FULL, please try later or check our other ATMs

Thank you

grin
lolz,
Re: You Can Now Make Deposits Through GTBank's ATM by atasteve: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2011
Good innovation from GTB.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7" Tablet PC Dual Core 1GB RAM, 8GB HDD, 3G/Dual sim/Wifi/Tv/Fm Camera (pics) / U.S Used Blackberry Store. Get Used Blackberry Phones Here. / This Blackberry Tour And Bold1 Is Going For 22k By Calling 08053021859

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.