Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

MP Reflects On Accession Council And Role God Plays In The Life Of The New King - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MP Reflects On Accession Council And Role God Plays In The Life Of The New King (166 Views)

A Lady With Low Vision (bad Eyesight) Reflects On The Event That Made Her Stop B / Pope Francis Appoints Denis Isizoh Into The Pontifical Council / Pastor E.A Adeboye Plays The Piano (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MP Reflects On Accession Council And Role God Plays In The Life Of The New King by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44pm On Sep 10, 2022
Christian MP Reflects on Accession Council And Role God Plays In The Life Of The New King
Sat 10 Sep 2022 by Sophie Drew

A Christian MP, who attended the Accession Council for King Charles III, has reflected on the role God plays in these traditional ceremonies.

Whilst the monarch was already named King following the death of his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, the service gives further clarity, and allows politicians and church leaders to bear witness.

The ceremony – which was televised for the first time in history – was heavily faith-based.

Not only did he keenly assert the independence of the Church of Scotland – a tradition that stems back hundreds of years – but the fact that the monarch was only acceding the throne by the ‘grace of God’ was heavily emphasised.

Sir Desmond Swayne, MP for New Forest West, and Christian, was pleased that the Church still plays such a significant role in royal occasions.

He told Premier: “That's why, even if you aren't of a particularly religious disposition, it is important to have been grounded in the fundamentals of the faith, because it is so integral to our Constitution.

“The King is King by the grace of God.

“He's the head of the established Church of England, but also has, as we seen this morning, a profound role in the Church of Scotland.

“Our bishops sit and legislate in the House of Lords. It's woven into one language.”

Lord,

As our new monarch takes up his role, may he draw close to you.

May he look to you as the example of leadership.

May you walk with the Royal Family as they navigate their grief.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

https://premierchristian.news/en/news/article/christian-mp-reflects-on-accession-council-and-role-god-plays-in-the-life-of-the-new-king

Re: MP Reflects On Accession Council And Role God Plays In The Life Of The New King by AntiChristian: 7:03am On Sep 11, 2022
grin

ELGIBITI!
Re: MP Reflects On Accession Council And Role God Plays In The Life Of The New King by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2022
Prophetic Insight into the UK Beyond Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II
12:00PM EDT 9/12/2022 JENNIFER LECLAIRE

Queen Elizabeth II (Unsplash)

As nations mourn the loss of Queen Elizabeth II, I feel an urgency to point back to prophetic insight the Lord gave me in August 2019 concerning the Queen's passing.
It's a promise and a warning.

I offer this in a spirit of humility and compassion, knowing that some may not want to hear it, but many others desperately need to hear it. I have held my peace through the initial shock of the loss. Now, I feel it's time to share.

Listen in to this prophetic insight.
Re: MP Reflects On Accession Council And Role God Plays In The Life Of The New King by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19am On Sep 13, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Prayer For Your Job/marriage. / Download Free Pdf Books On Ministry / In The Midst Of Confusion In Life, You Need A Word From God – Dr Chris Okafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.