Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Request Honest Opinion On Hyundai Cars. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Request Honest Opinion On Hyundai Cars. (900 Views)

Hyundai Cars Users Are Growing Rapidly In Nigeria Unlike Kia / Price List Of Hyundai Cars / Are Hyundai Cars Bought Without Custom Papers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Request Honest Opinion On Hyundai Cars. by Kennyquestt: 12:29am On Sep 11, 2022
I am soliciting for Honest opinion on Hyundai Cars in Nigeria.
I had wanted to buy a Hyundai Elantra (2011 - 2014) model but I made some reviews that got me scared, I read a lot of complains about engine problems, engine tick/piston slap which could lead to engine knock.
Though a lot of reviews stated that the problem is common on very cold days leading to the car having a cold start.
There are other problems associated with this generation of Elantra but this is the most worrisome. However what amazes me is that I keep seeing more and more of these elantras daily in different Nigeria cities, so I wonder, is this Elantra known problems not affecting elantras used in Nigeria?
I am now considering Hyundai Accent (2011-2014) model, though I have not come across a worrisome review on Hyundai accent.
I would appreciate if people using these types of Hyundai (Elantra or Accent) could help me with honest opinion about these cars especially its use in Nigeria, how easy is it for the cars to develop problems, are there mechanics for these cars, are there readily available spare parts, maintenance cost,durability and so on.
Thanking you for your anticipated opinion.
Re: Request Honest Opinion On Hyundai Cars. by izuch(m): 2:18am On Sep 11, 2022
All I'll say is sonata is a no go area.
Re: Request Honest Opinion On Hyundai Cars. by scottyoloye(m): 11:34am On Sep 11, 2022
izuch:
All I'll say is sonata is a no go area.
Actually, I travelled with the 2007 sonata: car was stable as Bleep on 140
Re: Request Honest Opinion On Hyundai Cars. by izuch(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2022
scottyoloye:

Actually, I travelled with the 2007 sonata: car was stable as Bleep on 140

Yeah, when it's new. The car has a lot of issues
Re: Request Honest Opinion On Hyundai Cars. by diportivo: 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
izuch:

Yeah, when it's new. The car has a lot of issues

theres absolutely nothing wrong with that generation of sonata

Kennyquestt:
I am soliciting for Honest opinion on Hyundai Cars in Nigeria.
I had wanted to buy a Hyundai Elantra (2011 - 2014) model but I made some reviews that got me scared, I read a lot of complains about engine problems, engine tick/piston slap which could lead to engine knock.
Though a lot of reviews stated that the problem is common on very cold days leading to the car having a cold start.
There are other problems associated with this generation of Elantra but this is the most worrisome. However what amazes me is that I keep seeing more and more of these elantras daily in different Nigeria cities, so I wonder, is this Elantra known problems not affecting elantras used in Nigeria?
I am now considering Hyundai Accent (2011-2014) model, though I have not come across a worrisome review on Hyundai accent.
I would appreciate if people using these types of Hyundai (Elantra or Accent) could help me with honest opinion about these cars especially its use in Nigeria, how easy is it for the cars to develop problems, are there mechanics for these cars, are there readily available spare parts, maintenance cost,durability and so on.
Thanking you for your anticipated opinion.

due diligence is key in purchasing any vehicle at all...
be it naija used or toks

identify what u wanna buy and have a professional look at it

na overheating dey kill that motor if its dana spec without temp gauge

(1) (Reply)

ML 350 / 7 Up Trucks Menace To The Highways / Toyota Or Honda Cars Which Is More Economical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.