Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? (7167 Views)

Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? / COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by tctrills: 9:22am On Sep 11, 2022
While some Christians believe that Christ is coming to earth again to reign, others believe that he would rapture the righteous to heaven and leave the wicked on earth. What does the bible say about both. Please use the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by derecho(m): 9:40am On Sep 11, 2022
The Rapture and Christ Second Coming are two different things.Personal beliefs is immaterial
Study your Bible to understand yourself.

The important thing is be prepared to meet God.

17 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:43am On Sep 11, 2022
derecho:
The Rapture and Christ Second Coming are two different things.Personal beliefs is immaterial
If this is your PERSONAL belief do you think it's the same with others?
Because some people's belief may contradict yours!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by derecho(m): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2022
Like I said, finding the truth yourself is more important than finding out who agrees or disagrees.
We study to show ourselves approved unto God not man...
MaxInDHouse:

If this is your PERSONAL belief do you think it's the same with others?
Because some people's belief may contradict yours!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2022
derecho:
Like I said, finding the truth yourself is more important than finding out who agrees or disagrees.
I'm just curious since your write-up is all about conviction, anyway you've cleared my doubt it's whatever anyone concludes!

2 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Naijanascam: 9:56am On Sep 11, 2022
Is the Second Coming and Rapture only meant for the Blacks,Africa and Nigeria in particular?.......

7 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by nawa4naija(m): 10:00am On Sep 11, 2022
Rapture has already happened in Africa

Rapture continues to happen in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by BloomingDale(f): 10:00am On Sep 11, 2022
tctrills:
While some Christians believe that Christ is coming to earth again to reign, others believe that he would rapture the righteous to heaven and leave the wicked on earth. What does the bible say about both. Please use the scriptures.

The true SUN or fake SON?

1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Abbeypp(m): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2022
Hello nairaland pls am in need of you guys help.....am a documentary and portraits photographer but recently I have challenge with my lens which I have spent a lot of money on.....pls am writing this to you all to assist me with any photography gigs within southwest so as to raise enough funds for myself.......or if anyone has willing to assist me financially i will be very very grateful....things are really tight right now.......pls reach out to me on

herbisodunola27@gmail.com

Thank you sir/ma

3 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Buju6(m): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2022
just here to read comments
meanwhile at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer design
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by bigdammyj: 10:03am On Sep 11, 2022
Noted.
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Tomgerald(m): 10:06am On Sep 11, 2022
Just like a brother has said earlier, the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and Rapture are two different events!
1. First of all, rapture will take place for the Christians who have cleanse themselves from all filthiness while
2. Jesus will come again after rapture and the millennium reign (which is the reign of Satan and his followers), those who repented and change their ways will be taking to heaven by Jesus himself.
Thank you and happy Sunday.

8 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by OBALOLA55(m): 10:07am On Sep 11, 2022
BloomingDale:

The true SUN or fake SON?
WHO OWNS THAT IMAGE undecided
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Sixfiguresmart(m): 10:08am On Sep 11, 2022
The problem i am having is that Muslims here insult the Holy spirit. But they fail to realize that their clerics in the Arab world are teaching and preaching this holy spirit
I dont know how to help them cos even allah confirms that he as been penalized in the noble quran by human beings. So humans have the capability to penalize allah
surah 56:66 We have been penalized.

So, Muslims also believe that Jesus will come again. The issue is that they assert that Jesus will come back again and then revert to islam. pay attention, Jesus will REVERT to Islam. If he will revert, so he must have been Muslim, if he was Muslim, why reverting? or, did he deviate? if he did, why do they honorify him with (PBUH) just as they do Mohamed who is the muslim?

so, the issue makes one wonder if Muslims are ever going to see Jesus. Check my profile for more of this.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by OkCornel(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2022
The second coming of Christ is the same thing as the rapture.

This would happen after the great tribulation.

The “rapture” is the gathering of the elect.

Matthew 24 v 29-31;

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days

“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

2 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Cramhub: 10:12am On Sep 11, 2022
You can Learn More Guides and Creative things on www.cramhub.com.ng for free you can try it out now
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by BigDawsNet: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2022
Patiently waiting

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Jokerman(m): 10:17am On Sep 11, 2022
There's no secret rapture.

At the second coming, the rapture occurs.

The antichrist comes first. Believers world wide will face him.

Pre-Trib rapture is false and demonic

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Jokerman(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:
The second coming of Christ is the same thing as the rapture.

This would happen after the great tribulation.

The “rapture” is the gathering of the elect.

Matthew 24 v 29-31;

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days

“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

31 And he will send his ang[b]els with a loud trumpet call[/b], and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Yes bro... let's keep educating them...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Jokerman(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2022
Tomgerald:
Just like a brother has said earlier, the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and Rapture are two different events!
1. First of all, rapture will take place for the Christians who have cleanse themselves from all filthiness while
2. Jesus will come again after rapture and the millennium reign (which is the reign of Satan and his followers), those who repented and change their ways will be taking to heaven by Jesus himself.

My brother, St Paul said, Jesus will be the one to herald the rapture, isn't it?

From your post, it means Jesus will come back twice?
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Jokerman(m): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2022
derecho:

Sorry to disappointed you, Rapture happens at the second coming of Christ.

There's no special or secret rapture. Even Jesus warned against secrecy of his coming...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2022
The 2nd coming happened in 70 AD when the Temple was destroyed
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:22am On Sep 11, 2022
The 2nd coming happened in 70 AD when the Temple was destroyed.

Matthew 16:28
"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom"

Jesus Christ said "Immediately after the distress of those days" and this was in Judea from 66AD to 70AD.
Matthew 24:29-30
29 “Immediately after the distress of those days “’the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth c will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxDcif-XT4

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by Winters23: 10:22am On Sep 11, 2022
grin
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by OkCornel(m): 10:24am On Sep 11, 2022
Jokerman:

My brother, St Paul said, Jesus will be the one to herald the rapture, isn't it?

From your post, it means Jesus will come back twice?

Paul mentioned the coming of Christ will happen at THE LAST TRUMPET.

Is there any trumpet after the one in Matthew 24 v 31?

If the last trumpet according to those who believe in pretribulation rapture is before the coming of the Antichrist, are the 7 trumpets in the book of Revelation the “trumpets after THE LAST TRUMPET?”

These questions expose the fallacy of pretribulation rapture doctrine.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by derecho(m): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2022
What in my response warrants this reply?
Did I use the word "secret"?
Go study your Bible is what I said. There's need for disagreement.
Prepare to meet God
Jokerman:

Sorry to disappointed you, Rapture happens at the second coming of Christ.

There's no special or secret rapture. Even Jesus warned against secrecy of his coming...
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by pcagbaji(m): 10:29am On Sep 11, 2022
derecho:

Please teach us i beg even if is only me here that wish to know
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by pcagbaji(m): 10:33am On Sep 11, 2022
derecho:
How do you find the truth yourself, have you find it? If Yes is your answer, can you tell us please
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by derecho(m): 10:43am On Sep 11, 2022
Yes, I have.
But the Best Bible Teacher is the Holy Spirit.

When the student is ready,the teacher would appear says a Chinese proverb.

If you desire Truth, spend time on the word and prayers.
When you're convinced, you care less who disagrees or agrees.
Both Rapture and Christ would return but these are not as important as purifying yourself.
pcagbaji:

How do you find the truth yourself, have you find it? If Yes is your answer, can you tell us please
Re: The Second Coming Of Christ Or The Rapture? by pcagbaji(m): 10:47am On Sep 11, 2022
Tomgerald:
Thank you for your contribution, if i may ask, after rapture take place what is the duration gap before the second coming of Jesus Christ, is it going to be immediate or a particular time interval or till when God decided ie no one knows when , and i still equally asked has the first event happened? i mean rapture has it taken place? how do we know if it has happened or not , are will waiting for the second event? ie the second coming of Jesus Christ , or both events

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians / Is Bermuda Triangle The Hell Fire They Say I The Bible / Jesus Is Not God Neither Are There Any Trinity In One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.