Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,183 members, 7,835,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides (2793 Views)

Writers For Crypto PR Articles N5/word / Enugu State Governemnt Starts Recruitment Of 1,700 Forest Guards / Npower: 2017 Or 2018 Npower Starts On March. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by TheManofTomorrow(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
cleverseo:

Big ups for asking him about his social details

Immediately you asked that question and he avoided it, I just quickly realized that he's just another Nigerian scammer who wants to eat up good writers

He's collected at least 15 to 20 articles of 1k words each, that's a lot of hard work and money

First of all, his nairaland username, his email, his workspace name, none of them were consistent

He kept using anonymous names like "ppcasher"

You saved me from writing that test article,

Immediately you asked for his social proof and he didn't give, I waited to see what would happen

So sad, other 20 or so writers fell victim

Some Nigerians are very terrible people for real.

God Help Us not to fall victims to scammers as we go about doing our hustle.

1 Like

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2022
New007:
Hi, I noticed the workspace group wasn't available any more. Did you delete it? I sent a test article to your workspace chat, though.

Yes, I deleted the workspace because over 95% of applicants decided to write and submit garbage without even reading the instructions. I see why most freelance writers in Nigeria fail.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2022
TheManofTomorrow:

Some Nigerians are very terrible people for real.

God Help Us not to fall victims to scammers as we go about doing our hustle.

Watch your words. The few of you who submitted a test article should keep checking online to see if it ever gets published. Use the plagiarism checker Quetext.com. It's one of the strictest and allows checking up to 500 words free. I'm going to write a more detailed reply to all your accusations and share the Google Docs links to the articles many of you guys submitted. No reputable site will publish such articles. I won't stoop so low as to trick people into writing free articles for my website. A very few you did well, and those are the guys I'll continue with.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2022
cleverseo:
After this guy don claim SEO agency

5 naira per word and company

The werey has ghosted the Google Chat Space he created

I interacted with some of the writers and he obviously stole their work and ghosted them

Thank God this was just a short-term stuff

Imagine if they actually worked till October for him

Nigeria is a very terrible place to work online

I remember a writer on Google Chat asking the guy to give his Linked In profile, Upwork, or website name

Baba dutifully and stylishly ignored

Writers in Nigeria are always underpaid, shortchanged, and now frequently scammed of their pay

Please let this be a lesson, never work for anyone who wants you to complete many tasks before paying

Freelance writing isn't company work where I can call my boss when it's time for my payment

You can easily get duped, I'm a living testimony

I never touched the article they assigned to me, I was just observing to see what would happen after the first submission

And to no surprise, werey ghosted

Talmbout 5 naira and 10 naira per word for almost 60 days

Imagine how much the writes would have worked if they worked for him

He would have been owing each writer at least 300k and he claimed he needed 15 writers, ----

He would be owing about 4.5 million

Where is he going to see that kind of cash?

And to you, next scammer planning to scam the hardworking writers, pray that you don't leave many traces online

I will personally work to track you down, you frauds can't keep extorting writers and going free

I once wrote a 3k word sample for an "agency" on this platform,

After submitting, I just got a one sentence reply, "sorry the article doesn't meet expectations"

I decided to check this article with plagiarism checkers almost 3 months later, only to see that they published it to their site

Don't worry, keep scamming

It's no longer everyday for the thief, one day for the owner,

The owner will soon catch you

You expect me to accept and publish garbage I guess. Why not use Quetext.com to check whether your sample has been published. If I wanted to cheat, I would let you guys work until October before deleting the Google Space.
After screening nearly a dozen submissions where writers barely followed instructions, I knew I had to suspend the entire project because I don't have the time intensively edit those low quality articles.

1 Like

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2022
cleverseo:

I interacted with some of the writers and he obviously stole their work and ghosted them

I remember a writer on Google Chat asking the guy to give his Linked In profile, Upwork, or website name

Writers in Nigeria are always underpaid, shortchanged, and now frequently scammed of their pay

Please let this be a lesson, never work for anyone who wants you to complete many tasks before paying

Freelance writing isn't company work where I can call my boss when it's time for my payment

I never touched the article they assigned to me, I was just observing to see what would happen after the first submission

He would have been owing each writer at least 300k and he claimed he needed 15 writers, ----

And to you, next scammer planning to scam the hardworking writers, pray that you don't leave many traces online

I will personally work to track you down, you frauds can't keep extorting writers and going free

After submitting, I just got a one sentence reply, "sorry the article doesn't meet expectations"

I decided to check this article with plagiarism checkers almost 3 months later, only to see that they published it to their site

Make sure you have proof before spewing nonsense here. You'll soon read the testimonies of those who got paid. If you want to please any employer, follow the instructions given to you. The fact I want to help writers doesn't mean I'll accept any kind of lazy writing.

1 Like

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2022
cleverseo:

He's scammed y'all bro

Thank your stars

Imagine if he allowed y'all to work the whole month till October

That's what you think because you probably didn't make it past the test. Please use Quetext.com to check if your article ever gets published.
I deleted the space because writers were submitting garbage. I'll definitely continue checking the articles and hire good writers.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2022
cleverseo:

I've read all the scam accusations. Time for a detailed and befitting reply.
Okay, so you expected me to pay N5 or N10 per word for crappy articles that don't even follow simple instructions. Most of you didn't even read my instructions. It's annoying to even check most the articles submitted.
I could overlook poor language with grammar errors, but certainly not outright disregard of instructions.
You don't just write to fill the word-count. You are writing to help someone solve a problem. Most of you guys were in a hurry to just finish the article and get paid. It doesn't work that way.
I specifically mentioned these requirements:
An in-depth research
Satisfying users' search intentions
Arranging ideas in a descending order of importance
Giving each paragraph a topic sentence and emphasizing it with relevant details
Using simple language
Here's a simple example of the type of article I wanted from writers. Compare this example with the article you wrote before calling me names on Nairaland.
https://proxypayee.com/webmoney-to-skrill/
You don't know how it feels reviewing a dozen worthless articles. You want me to pay N5,000 or N10,000 for a 1k word article that no body will read through. How could that help my website or drive traffic? I'd rather do this job gradually a lone and achieve my target in 10 months than publish dozens of low-quality articles in 1 month. Hence, I've decided to suspend it for now.
To the lazy writers on Nairaland who think writing is all about word-count, let me advice you. You won't get anywhere with that attitude and no high-value client will ever hire you long-term. So, if you really want to succeed in this trade, it's mandatory to develop your writing skills further. Follow these steps:
1. Download the free collocation dictionary of 5000 most frequently used words in America. Use the link below.
https://www.academia.edu/29501273/Word_Frequency_List_of_American_English
This will help you in building the 2500 core vocabulary need for native-style writing.
2. Use this online utility tool to whenever you finish writing an article. It'll show you the total variety of words used in that article and also flag unusual words that make comprehension difficult. The tool also shows how easy or difficult your is to comprehend. If you understand how to use this tool, it'll help you a lot in improving your articles.
3. Read a lot ... a lot. Read high-quality articles, buyer feedback on Amazon, and comments on U.S forums like Reddit. This will help you to develop a knack for fluency.
4. Use this grammar book by "TheFreeDictionary" to sharpen your writing.
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/The-Farlex-Grammar-Book.htm
It's available for free online reading but the PDF copy costs a few dollars. You can open each item on the table of contents page, copy and paste its contents in a word document and convert it to PDF.
5. Use this "Federal Plain Language Guidelines" document to further improve your writing
https://www.plainlanguage.gov/media/FederalPLGuidelines.pdf
6. Get a writer that you'll imitate, such as a foreign journalist. Copy and paste their best articles in a word document. Collect up to 10,000 words of their articles and use the tool below to convert the word document into an MP3 file. Download the MP3 file and be listening to it on your phone or laptop even when you are working on other things.
7. Use this plagiarism tool whenever you write an article. You can check 500 words at a time free of charge, and it's one of the best out there.
8. Last but not least, practice writing every day.
I like to help, but I don't tolerate laziness. Most of your submissions reek laziness.

So, for those who think I'm a scammer who got away with their sample articles, you are wrong. I'll definitely get back to the good writers among you.

Check the test article you submitted against the example I linked to at the beginning of this post and tell me whether I should accept it.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2022
cleverseo:

He's scammed y'all bro

Thank your stars

Okay, so you expected me to pay N5 or N10 per word for crappy articles that don't even follow simple instructions. Most of you didn't even read my instructions. It's annoying to even check most the articles submitted.
I could overlook poor language with grammar errors, but certainly not outright disregard of instructions.
You don't just write to fill the word-count. You are writing to help someone solve a problem. Most of you guys were in a hurry to just finish the article and get paid. It doesn't work that way.
An in-depth research
Using simple language
Here's a simple example of the type of article I wanted from writers. Compare this example with the article you wrote before calling me names on Nairaland.
You don't know how it feels reviewing a dozen worthless articles. You want me to pay N5,000 or N10,000 for a 1k word article that no body will read through. How could that help my website or drive traffic? I'd rather do this job gradually a lone and achieve my target in 10 months than publish dozens of low-quality articles in 1 month. Hence, I've decided to suspend it for now.
To the lazy writers on Nairaland who think writing is all about word-count, let me advice you. You won't get anywhere with that attitude and no high-value client will ever hire you long-term. So, if you really want to succeed in this trade, it's mandatory to develop your writing skills further. Follow these steps:
1. Download the free collocation dictionary of 5000 most frequently used words in America. Use the link below.
This will help you in building the 2500 core vocabulary need for native-style writing.
2. Use this online utility tool to whenever you finish writing an article. It'll show you the total variety of words used in that article and also flag unusual words that make comprehension difficult. The tool also shows how easy or difficult your is to comprehend. If you understand how to use this tool, it'll help you a lot in improving your articles.
3. Read a lot ... a lot. Read high-quality articles, buyer feedback on Amazon, and comments on U.S forums like Reddit. This will help you to develop a knack for fluency.
It's available for free online reading but the PDF copy costs a few dollars. You can open each item on the table of contents page, copy and paste its contents in a word document and convert it to PDF.
5. Use this "Federal Plain Language Guidelines" document to further improve your writing
6. Get a writer that you'll imitate, such as a foreign journalist. Copy and paste their best articles in a word document. Collect up to 10,000 words of their articles and use the tool below to convert the word document into an MP3 file. Download the MP3 file and be listening to it on your phone or laptop even when you are working on other things.
7. Use this plagiarism tool whenever you write an article. You can check 500 words at a time free of charge, and it's one of the best out there.
I like to help, but I don't tolerate laziness. Most of your submissions reek laziness.

So, for those who think I'm a scammer who got away with their sample articles, you are wrong. I'll definitely get back to the good writers among you.

Check the test article you submitted against the example I linked to at the beginning of this post and tell me whether I should accept it.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2022
cleverseo:

An in-depth research
Using simple language

TheManofTomorrow:

I was the guy that asked for his socials.

As soon I as I saw him ignoring those, I knew he was a con artist on rampage.

I jejely exited the workspace and wished other writers the very best. He wanted us to trust him without giving something as much as his socials or even name of the agency he claims to be working for with proof.

Lol, what a joke.

My deepest sympathy to other writers who actually spent their time and efforts to write the sample article for him.

And just like you said, they should be glad it was only one article he stole.

Writers desperation is actually what causes all of these.

An in-depth research
Using simple language

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2022
Spiff20:
So this guy was low key con artist? Or the deal with his employers didn't pull through? He sounded so convincing. And 10N per word was sure juicy. Well, the many hazards of online hustle.

An in-depth research
Using simple language

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2022
New007:
hmmm

An in-depth research
Using simple language

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2022
cleverseo:

Big ups for asking him about his social details

Immediately you asked that question and he avoided it, I just quickly realized that he's just another Nigerian scammer who wants to eat up good writers

He's collected at least 15 to 20 articles of 1k words each, that's a lot of hard work and money

First of all, his nairaland username, his email, his workspace name, none of them were consistent

He kept using anonymous names like "ppcasher"

You saved me from writing that test article,

Immediately you asked for his social proof and he didn't give, I waited to see what would happen

So sad, other 20 or so writers fell victim

An in-depth research
Using simple language

I like to help, but I don't tolerate laziness. Most of your submissions reek laziness. Check your articles with a plagiarism checker to see if I have published it.

Improve your writing, and you and I will definitely work together in the near future, where you'll earn good rates for your hard work.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2022
cleverseo:
If you submitted any article to him and you're seeing this thread now

Please keep checking for plagiarism online with any free plagiarism checker, like 1text.com,

Once you spot 70% or 100% match online, just know that website is the one where your article was published

Try to find any valuable contact on the website to complain that your article was stolen

I'm very sorry but this is the very best you can do now

Great advice.
I'm the one you guys are accusing of being a scammer. Read my posts above. If you can provide the kind of quality I linked to, let's see how you won't get paid.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2022
cleverseo:

10 Naira per word was meant to entice people to wait for the light at the end of the tunnel (October 30th)

He knows that if he offered 2 or 3 naira per word, nobody will come through for that kind of offer

But the thought of working 10 naira per word obviously will entice a lot of writers to overlook the almost 2 months wait in the hopes of earning at least 300 or 400k

Thank God he couldn't continue with the con, imagine if he ran with it for 60days or more

An in-depth research
Using simple language

I like to help, but I don't tolerate laziness. Most of your submissions reek laziness. Check your articles with a plagiarism checker to see if I have published it.

Improve your writing, and you and I will definitely work together in the near future, where you'll earn good rates for your hard work.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2022
TheManofTomorrow:

I was about to say this.

An in-depth research
Using simple language

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by New007: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2022
BorderlessTrade:

An in-depth research
Using simple language

Well, I don't know why you're quoting me. I merely asked a question about you deleting the space because I wanted to send what you assigned to me. Also, you should do more than post what you think is a perfect article. Post the ones you consider scrap as well. I believe you have links to the test articles submitted to you. Please do avail them here, so that we can all analyze them against the backdrop of the allegations against you.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by TheManofTomorrow(m): 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2022
BorderlessTrade:

An in-depth research
Arranging ideas in descending order of importance
Using simple language
This will help you in building the 2500 core vocabulary needed for native-style writing.

So, for those who think I'm a scammer who got away with their sample articles, you're mistaken. I'll definitely get back to the good writers among you.

Check the test article you submitted against the example I linked to at the beginning of this post, and tell me whether I should accept it.

Despite that, you don't just create a workspace and ghost on people. Or worst still, deleting the workspace entirely.

It won't cost you anything to communicate to the group about why you won't be able to continue with most of its members.

And again, it would have been best to give a group of writers the same topic and select the best writer for that team and pay him whether it eventually matches your quality. Plus, the winning entry would have even done enough justice to the topic, leaving you to do just a little modification before publishing it.

I don't see what is so special about the article you linked to your post as a reference that any decent writer with good research can't write it.

On the workspace, I asked about your identity to ensure that you are appropriately doxxed and this can help alleviate our fears about any mishap that might come up from your end (you don't have to give us the name of the agency you are writing for if you don't want to). But you conveniently missed this message and went on to delete the workspace. That's very bad I must say.

And one last question.

Suppose you are in the middle of working with a client as a writer, and you did a piece that does not meet his publication standard. Will you prefer he deletes all evidence of working with you and clear your chats while not paying you ( plus you could end up seeing the revised version of your article online later)?

Of course not; it would have been better if he reverted back to you and tell you to make necessary adjustment or just rewrite the whole thing.

That's how to build a team.

But even if you feel they don't deserve a second chance, you should follow due process in discharging them.

Thanks for the writing guidelines/tips by the way. They'll surely help aspiring writers to have a firm grip of their craft.

You conducted your activities in a scam like manner hence why people felt the need to call you out.

1 Like

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by emmanex2000: 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2022
I need a fiction writer asap. Contact at 07012809662.

Also, if you into epic fantasy niche if fiction work also
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by AgentKB: 1:06am On Oct 02, 2022
TheManofTomorrow:

Despite that, you don't just create a workspace and ghost on people. Or worst still, deleting the workspace entirely.

It won't cost you anything to communicate to the group about why you won't be able to continue with most of its members.

And again, it would have been best to give a group of writers the same topic and select the best writer for that team and pay him whether it eventually matches your quality. Plus, the winning entry would have even done enough justice to the topic, leaving you to do just a little modification before publishing it.

I don't see what is so special about the article you linked to your post as a reference that any decent writer with good research can't write it.

On the workspace, I asked about your identity to ensure that you are appropriately doxxed and this can help alleviate our fears about any mishap that might come up from your end (you don't have to give us the name of the agency you are writing for if you don't want to). But you conveniently missed this message and went on to delete the workspace. That's very bad I must say.

And one last question.

Suppose you are in the middle of working with a client as a writer, and you did a piece that does not meet his publication standard. Will you prefer he deletes all evidence of working with you and clear your chats while not paying you ( plus you could end up seeing the revised version of your article online later)?

Of course not; it would have been better if he reverted back to you and tell you to make necessary adjustment or just rewrite the whole thing.

That's how to build a team.

But even if you feel they don't deserve a second chance, you should follow due process in discharging them.

Thanks for the writing guidelines/tips by the way. They'll surely help aspiring writers to have a firm grip of their craft.

You conducted your activities in a scam like manner hence why people felt the need to call you out.

You, kind of, have a lot of time on your hands engaging this "comedian".

What really thrills me mostly in this conversation is the fact that you're holding a rational discussion with someone who's towing the path of "unreason."

You know...

When you are dealing with Nigerians, as a writer especially, there're some things you'll have to endure.

Recently, one "somebody" from the corners of the internet, just like this "comedian", gave me a task to work on.

After spending so much time on the task, he turned around and began pushing my pay from one day to another. I did not get my pay until I threatened to drag his brand in the mud.

If the allegations raised here are true, which I can't but believe they are, it means these people must have spent hours working on your content; they must have expend data; fueled their gen; and fed themselves while attending to your tasks. Now, you turned around and criticized all the invested hours and resources. You even went as far as calling them lazy.

One thing to bear in mind is that these writers didn't come for a writing audition. They came to work with you. There must have been a form of mutual understanding, written or deduced, guiding the transaction.

So, coming across like you did them a favour is slightly unbecoming. You couldn't have hired a cooperate agency and end the arrangement as you please, all in the name of dissatisfaction. That's not possible. There'll be reasonable grounds that warrant the termination of agreement.

It's insulting, embarrassing and derogatory for you to take the efforts of a fellow human, waste it and turn around to bully them with some flimsy claims of disatisfactory output.

Do you think these writers got their subscriptions free of charge?

You even went as far as publicly calling them lazy...

Why didn't you do your due diligence and verify their competence before allowing them invest their resources and time with you.

Why not openly explain to them that you would ghost them if you find their work disatisfactory.

Why not lay down clear and specific criteria for the kind of writer(s) you're looking for, Itemizing the qualities that are critical to task?

Would this not have eliminated some of the incompetent folks before you even got them on board?

You did a terrible hiring job, and now you are here with a motivational speech and unsolicited masterclass: blaming the writers for your own mistake.

You even have the boldness to call them lazy. This is terrible.

They deserve an apology.

They deserve apologies for the reckless hiring process adopted during the on boarding process. They deserve an apology for the scanty (or misleading) information provided in the job ads. They deserve an apology for the unrealistic promises made in the job ads. They deserve an apology for the unrewarded efforts and time spent on the tasks they've completed. They deserve an apology for the bullying comment you've aired above.

5 Likes

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by TheManofTomorrow(m): 6:26am On Oct 02, 2022
AgentKB:

You, kind of, have a lot of time on your hands engaging this "comedian".

What really thrills me mostly in this conversation is the fact that you're holding a rational discussion with someone who's towing the path of "unreason."

You know...

When you are dealing with Nigerians, as a writer especially, there're some things you'll have to endure.

Recently, one "somebody" from the corners of the internet, just like this "comedian", gave me a task to work on.

After spending so much time on the task, he turned around and began pushing my pay from one day to another. I did not get my pay until I threatened to drag his brand in the mud.

If the allegations raised here are true, which I can't but believe they are, it means these people must have spent hours working on your content; they must have expend data; fueled their gen; and fed themselves while attending to your tasks. Now, you turned around and criticized all the invested hours and resources. You even went as far as calling them lazy.

One thing to bear in mind is that these writers didn't come for a writing audition. They came to work with you. There must have been a form of mutual understanding, written or deduced, guiding the transaction.

So, coming across like you did them a favour is slightly unbecoming. You couldn't have hired a cooperate agency and end the arrangement as you please, all in the name of dissatisfaction. That's not possible. There'll be reasonable grounds that warrant the termination of agreement.

It's insulting, embarrassing and derogatory for you to take the efforts of a fellow human, waste it and turn around to bully them with some flimsy claims of disatisfactory output.

Do you think these writers got their subscriptions free of charge?

You even went as far as publicly calling them lazy...

Why didn't you do your due diligence and verify their competence before allowing them invest their resources and time with you.

Why not openly explain to them that you would ghost them if you find their work disatisfactory.

Why not lay down clear and specific criteria for the kind of writer(s) you're looking for, Itemizing the qualities that are critical to task?

Would this not have eliminated some of the incompetent folks before you even got them on board?

You did a terrible hiring job, and now you are here with a motivational speech and unsolicited masterclass: blaming the writers for your own mistake.

You even have the boldness to call them lazy. This is terrible.

They deserve an apology.

They deserve apologies for the reckless hiring process adopted during the on boarding process. They deserve an apology for the scanty (or misleading) information provided in the job ads. They deserve an apology for the unrealistic promises made in the job ads. They deserve an apology for the unrewarded efforts and time spent on the tasks they've completed. They deserve an apology for the bullying comment you've aired above.

Everybody deserves a benefit of a doubt.

Now maybe the writers are not the perfect writers he's expecting.

But he should not expect perfect writers with the kind of criteria he hinged the gig on.

And he is not perfect either with his hiring process and others what's not. Do you want people you can work with long term, and you are not ready to spend time and quality efforts in hiring them?

That's absurd!

Tell you what @Borderless trade.

I work for a Nigerian client that pays me #15-20 naira per word. Its a very technical writing piece for foreign clients on web3/Blockchain.

How did he choose the three of us he will work with?

He organised a writing competition and gave each of us the same topic, and he said he would be selecting the top 3 to work with.

I won 20k as the owner of the winning entry for the competition.

Then he discarded the others and worked with just 3 of us since February.

Some good agencies pay good hiring managers to hire the best talent for them all to avoid all these.

Now you don't want to spend money to get the best writers, and you know it. Why stress people and ask them to write different topics when you are not ready to correct and point out their mistakes?

Oh, you expect them to match your requirement just like that. Lol, you lie.

Kindly change your way and follow a due process when selecting people to work with you next time. @Borderlesstrade. Enough with sanctimonious speeches

Thanks for your observation too and other concerns. @AgentKB.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2022
cleverseo:

He's scammed y'all bro

Thank your stars

No one was scammed. I wrote a befitting reply to all your accusations of scam. don't know why Nairaland didn't publish it. But I'll definitely clean my name here over time. Wouldn't have launched this project now if I knew I'll deal with so much trash by writers who are so desperate to get paid that they neglect much of my instructions.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by New007: 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2022
BorderlessTrade:

No one was scammed. I wrote a befitting reply to all your accusations of scam. don't know why Nairaland didn't publish it. But I'll definitely clean my name here over time. Wouldn't have launched this project now if I knew I'll deal with so much trash by writers who are so desperate to get paid that they neglect much of my instructions.
Post the said articles. You're making this look like a hatchet job already. You've got links to them, then put them up for writers here to establish your case. It's that simple.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2022
cleverseo:

If you did communicate with me through email, you'll soon realize how very wrong you are.
I decided to pause the project because more than 95% of writers could not produce the technical articles I wanted.
I've decided to prepare a training session first and select from the best. It was a mistake starting this without the training first.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by BorderlessTrade(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2022
New007:
Post the said articles. You're making this look like a hatchet job already. You've got links to them, then put them up for writers here to establish your case. It's that simple.
You think every writer would welcome my exposing their articles here? Someone may copy and publish such articles and the original writer will think I published them. The only time I'll share those links here is if I get the writer's permission.
Follow this thread as I'll definitely share the GDocs links here for writers who permit it.
Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by cleverseo: 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
BorderlessTrade:

If you did communicate with me through email, you'll soon realize how very wrong you are.
I decided to pause the project because more than 95% of writers could not produce the technical articles I wanted.
I've decided to prepare a training session first and select from the best. It was a mistake starting this without the training first.
For some reason Nairaland decided to ban me for a week for "spamming"

You keep hammering that more than 95% of the writers couldn't produce the quality of articles you wanted. That means only one writer managed to meet your "expectations".

I'm not arguing, everybody has their preference.

Most writers don't need training, they've been writing for a while now.

You should just point out where they went wrong in the article, You can't possibly tell me that out of 15 or 20 writers, everyone of them produced complete trash that is unusable, I fail to agree with that.

You can post the Google Docs here, let everyone of us go through the articles and compare it to the one you said was "acceptable".

We'll now know how trash-worthy the articles were

1 Like

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by cleverseo: 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2022
And finally, please include your verifiable profile inside your training.

I was coming here to talk of being scammed last week and for sure I wasn't wrong about it.

I got a contract with a foreign client like two weeks ago. The guy provided contract documents, legal terms, even a one on one video, offering me a call, etc. It all looked so legit, the guy was offering to pay $0.08 per word, that's about 50 naira per word or so,.

After submitting the first article, I decided to request for an upfront payment before we continue and this guy immediately blocked me on all platforms.

He published the article anyways, It's ranking as the fourth result on the first page of Google in just less than a month of publishing.

But he never paid me for the article. He wanted me to work for two weeks before "paying". Guess I dodged a bullet, imagine the level of work I would have put in within that time only for the guy to ghost me.

So when you see me clamouring for you to give your social profile to these writers, I'm not doing it to spite you. Too many writers are duped repeatedly.

After this foreign client has duped me, I researched about his website and found out that he's 'done that to over 20 writers.

Hire them, have them work for a month and block them on all platforms.

So please, for the sake of the writers who will eventually work for you, Show them a verifiable profile.

Nigeria has gone beyond the point of "just trust me".

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by Kul3ger(m): 11:20pm On Oct 05, 2022
OP, you no try at all.

Trusting faceless monikers to handle a project as sensitive as you mentioned -- without any thorough unboarding process -- was very unreasonable. It's understandable if you found them on jobboards like fiverr, upwork and co, and hired based on their gig reviews.

Besides, how do you screen a group of self-acclaimed 'writers' with individual assignments and with the intention to publish each of their submissions? No reviews? no personal expereince with them, no referals??

Also, from day one, trust was a big issue; a concern youre yet to clear. A link to one of your profiles would have settled the dust. I no doubt you o, but wonder why you havent addressed this identity issue; which seems a big one on such a forum; particularly with your 'irregular' offer.

Well, as mentioned, brother, NL is not exclusively a writer's forum. So, it's tough to tell who is, and who isnt. Here, anyone who has a gmail ID and can spell the terms " I am a writer" is a writer. After all, job no kuku de anywhere. But who's to blame when they deliver what they know best and expect their PROMISED wages? YOU!

Of course, they should get paid for their work. Except such deliveries do not satisfy the mutually agreed terms and conditions --if any -- a workman is worth his wage.

The Bigger Worry

it's funny how we find only terrible offers on Nairaland.

I have [almost] never seen a 'good offer' posted here. The Baba of them all na N3 per word. Although i've enjoyed some good gigs here, the jobs weren't posted; I was emailed via my signature.

It's either the likes of Ekems2020 who has a 50kobo-per-word offer and only pays his slaves after 100 articles, or Mr. OP BoarderlessTrade wey ready pay times twenty of Ekems2020's offer (#10-per-word) but de find writers wey go do am on credit, by 'faith.'

I think e go make sense if we create some sort of "Freelance Writing Job Board" thread where only 'verifiable' monikers will be taken seriously to hire and be hired. By good standard, N6-minimum-per-word is relatively cheap for industry-grade deliveries -- or, las las, say N4.

If people looking to outsource can find such 'trusted' hands on here without any much testings and interviews and dispointments, i think more hirers will bookmark the thread for a go-to outsourcing solution.

Back to OP - Mr, you no try at all. Las Las, Godspeed!

My signature, though

4 Likes

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by cleverseo: 7:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
Kul3ger:
OP, you no try at all.

Trusting faceless monikers to handle a project as sensitive as you mentioned -- without any thorough unboarding process -- was very unreasonable. It's understandable if you found them on jobboards like fiverr, upwork and co, and hired based on their gig reviews.

Besides, how do you screen a group of self-acclaimed 'writers' with individual assignments and with the intention to publish each of their submissions? No reviews? no personal expereince with them, no referals??

Also, from day one, trust was a big issue; a concern youre yet to clear, to date. A link to one of your profiles would have settled the dust. I no doubt you o, but wonder why you havent addresed this identity issue; which seemsa big one on such a forum; particularly with your irregular offer.

On the other hand, brother, NL is not exclusively a writer's forum. So, it's tough to tell who is, and who isnt. Here, anyone who has a gmail ID and can spell the terms " I am a writer" is a writer. After all, job no kuku de anywhere. But who's to blame when they deliver what they know best and expect their PROMISED wages? YOU!

Of course, they should get paid for their work. Except such deliveries do not satisfy the mutually agreed terms and conditions, Its their right.

The Bigger Worry

its funny how we find only terrible offers on Nairaland.

I have almost never seen a 'good offer' posted here. The Baba of them all na N3 per word. although i've enjoyed some good gigs here, but the jobs werent posted here; i was directly emailed via my signature.

It's either the likes of Ekems2020 who has a 50kobo-per-word offer and only pays his slaves after 100 articles, or Mr. OP BoarderlessTrade wey ready pay times twenty of Ekems2020 offer (#10-per-word) but de find writers wey go do am on credit by 'faith'

I think e go make sense if we create some sort of "Freelance Writing Job Board" thread where only 'verifiable' monikers will be taken seriously to hire and be hired. By good standard, N6-minimum-per-word is relatively cheap for industry-grade deliveries. If people looking to outsource can find such 'trusted' hands on here without any much testings and interviews and dispointments, i think more hirers will look in here for trusted hands.

Back to OP - Mr, you no try at all. Las Las, Godspeed!

My signature, though

Leave OP make him come here dey shade writers

Just give us a link to your profile, a name, anything verifiable, him dey avoid am like plague.

10 naira per word is arguably the highest offer I've seen on Nairaland.

But it also happens to be the one that the Op wants guys to work for nearly two months before payment is made.

So is it that on this forum its either 1.5 naira per word to get paid every week or 10 naira per word that will take eternity to come up with the payment.

OP just keeps avoiding that identity issue steadfastly.

If you're paying weekly, I don't even care if you're hiring me from heaven or hell, I'll work for you.

But you want a Nigerian to trust a fellow Nigerian to work for 45 days plus based on "trust"

OP knows Nigeria has spoilt beyond that kind of offer, even the world in general.

Mr. Borderless Trade, If you've offered 7 or 8 naira per word and you're paying every week, trust me I go run follow you, and many other good writers will also.

We don't even need to know who you are. All the clients I've gotten from Nairaland till date are saved as "Nairaland 1, 2, Nairaland Client, etc"

I never knew their name until they credited me for payment because I don't need to know their name, money removes such fears.

Offer to pay per article or at least weekly, you'll be making your pick from among the best writers on this platform.

And @KulgEr, I second your opinion of creating a dedicated thread meant for writers hunting for jobs.

It would help everyone to prevent all these shady .50 kobo guys flocking around NL.

1 Like

Re: I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides by Cuteimma1(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Michael Morgan Consulting Hse Program / Worley Parsons - 2016 Graduate Development Programme / N-power 2017 Re-applying Can Only Be Done By Those Who Received An Sms Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 319
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.