Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! (1695 Views)

My Software Engineering Journey - Alx (journal) / Alx africa vs Udemy ? / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 10:32am On Sep 12, 2022
Introduction

I do not need to say my name, with time we will communicate on first name basis.
But right now this is how my ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey began.

My crave for web development has been immense. Anytime i visit a website i always wonder what sorcery is going on there.
I have tried all self learning and built some little projects on my own but my progress is not direct even with my wordpress skills.

I was just everywhere, from one language to the other but my hunger never diminished, not even for a day.
I know i will learn the sorcery behind it all and i have actively chased anything that will set my path right.

I stumbled on ALX Software Engineering and i checked a lot about them from reviews and all.
The curriculum is what appealed the most to me and i got hooked.

You see, my reason for joining is not for the job prospects.
I just want to be able to build things, those software that will solve problems.

I have a business outlook to it all.
You know, solve problems and people will pay for the solutions.

Thus, I did the application and it was successful with resumption on the 19th of September, 2022 but i had another problem ...
I have a full time job, your ideal 9 - 5 and i do not know how i will balance the hours required by my job and ALX Software Engineering.

But being who i am, with a knack for crazy adventure and challenges.
I have decided to take this head on.

I will do my job and i will conquer ALX Software Engineering.
This is why i made this thread so i can be accountable to myself and YOU!

So if you are in my cohort and starting by 19th of September, 2022.
This thread is for all for us, let us be accountable to ourselves.

What Have i done so far

I have gone on to study the following:
- EMACS and VIM
- Shell Commands
- Git and GitHub
- I am now studying C

My Strategy

My strategies are simple:

- Study Ahead
- Do my tasks
- Build Projects
- Teach what i have learnt (You can only teach it when you understand it)
- Solve problem for others
- Actively engage with other learners

I cannot tell what will happen in 12 months but i have decided to take it day by day.

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a step!

sensivism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 10:33am On Sep 12, 2022
Hi Guys, Great work Here.

I have also created a whatsapp and telegram group for those of us starting the ALX training by September 19, 2022.

The aim is so we can network and be of help to ourselves. Choose any of the group or you can even join both.

Whatsapp : ALX September 2022 Cohort Whatsapp Group
Telegram : ALX September 2022 Cohort Telegram Group

Share with your friends and family.

See you in the training.

Cheers!
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 10:33am On Sep 12, 2022
Hello Guys,

Do not despair.
There will be naysayers and those who do not see value in this.

Do not try to convince them. People talk down on things for different reasons including deep seated anger and resentment.
Life is per head, carry your cross willingly.

There will be dark days and endless tunnels,
you just have to persevere and keep on moving.

ALX Africa Software Engineering has not promised to make you a complete developer,
they only created a platform for you to get initial and probably intermediate skills.

The onus is on you to become anything else and the sky is big for all.
Keep Moving and marching or crawling, do not stay in a place

I will like to hear from you.
Let the fire burn!

I cannot tell what will happen in 12 months but i have decided to take it day by day.
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 10:34am On Sep 12, 2022
This was the mail i got. I believe you others got the same.

It says there that we start 19th of September, 2022

I am all fired up, are you?

Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by clickate: 10:38am On Sep 12, 2022
Sensivism:
Hi Guys, Great work Here.

I have also created a whatsapp and telegram group for those of us starting the ALX training by September 19, 2022.

The aim is so we can network and be of help to ourselves. Choose any of the group or you can even join both.

Share with your friends and family.

See you in the training.

Cheers!

Stay Sharp, people!
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by jansonn(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2022
Alx program is really tedious but if you take it seriously, you're one path to changing your life forever. Try not to give up please.
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2022
jansonn:
Alx program is really tedious but if you take it seriously, you're one path to changing your life forever. Try not to give up please.

Thank you so much
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Adino59(m): 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2022
How far bro, how can I reach I got the same mail and I would love to have an accountability partner as well
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2022
Adino59:
How far bro, how can I reach I got the same mail and I would love to have an accountability partner as well

Hello Bro,

Please join the group. Alot of guys have pledged to be accountable for each other.

Regards
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Starrywells: 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2022
Sensivism:
Introduction

I do not need to say my name, with time we will communicate on first name basis.
But right now this is how my ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey began.

My crave for web development has been immense. Anytime i visit a website i always wonder what sorcery is going on there.
I have tried all self learning and built some little projects on my own but my progress is not direct even with my wordpress skills.

I was just everywhere, from one language to the other but my hunger never diminished, not even for a day.
I know i will learn the sorcery behind it all and i have actively chased anything that will set my path right.

I stumbled on ALX Software Engineering and i checked a lot about them from reviews and all.
The curriculum is what appealed the most to me and i got hooked.

You see, my reason for joining is not for the job prospects.
I just want to be able to build things, those software that will solve problems.

I have a business outlook to it all.
You know, solve problems and people will pay for the solutions.

Thus, I did the application and it was successful with resumption on the 19th of September, 2022 but i had another problem ...
I have a full time job, your ideal 9 - 5 and i do not know how i will balance the hours required by my job and ALX Software Engineering.

But being who i am, with a knack for crazy adventure and challenges.
I have decided to take this head on.

I will do my job and i will conquer ALX Software Engineering.
This is why i made this thread so i can be accountable to myself and YOU!

So if you are in my cohort and starting by 19th of September, 2022.
This thread is for all for us, let us be accountable to ourselves.

What Have i done so far

I have gone on to study the following:
- EMACS and VIM
- Shell Commands
- Git and GitHub
- I am now studying C

My Strategy

My strategies are simple:

- Study Ahead
- Do my tasks
- Build Projects
- Teach what i have learnt (You can only teach it when you understand it)
- Solve problem for others
- Actively engage with other learners

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a step!

sensivism

How far boss?
I go like connect with you.
Any means of contact?
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2022
ALX Software Engineering Beginners Starter Videos

UBUNTU INSTALLATION Videos
Install the Ubuntu distribution from Linux using any of the following tutorials.

Install Ubuntu on Windows 10 and 11 (Method 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYCD8VjuuIw

Install Ubuntu on Windows 10 and 11 (Method 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ-6vZ3kSlA

Install Ubuntu on Virtual Box in Windows 10 and 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlIuaLrmZu4

How to Make Ubuntu Full Screen in Virtual Box (100% Working)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEngK0ej72w

EMACS Videos

How to install EMACS on Ubuntu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xFcHTGvpd4

EMACS Commands and Tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BR6acnwyw

VIM Videos

How to install VIM on Ubuntu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0na-bD3L05I

VIM Commands and Tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgIdZCT_yBY

VIM Configurations and Set Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q19bM2f4uBI

SHELL COMMAND Videos

Basic Linux and Shell Commands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=932I44UhQ7U

SHELL SCRIPTING Videos

Basic Shell Scripting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAcQOvXsE9U

GIT AND GITHUB Videos

Git and GitHub Tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJl2I0DwTi8
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2022
Starrywells:

How far boss?
I go like connect with you.
Any means of contact?

Join us on whatsapp or telegram

Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by JimMumin(m): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2022
I'm in too, but, for Financial Analysis. Maybe, I should join you guys. Good luck everyone
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 7:36am On Sep 13, 2022
JimMumin:
I'm in too, but, for Financial Analysis. Maybe, I should join you guys. Good luck everyone

Congratulations and i wish you the best in the Financial Analysis program
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 8:34am On Sep 13, 2022
Anxiously waiting for the onboarding email., still yet to drop in.

With complaints from others, this is a challenge i would have been unhappy to have missed.

I want to see how far I can go in this program.
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 13, 2022
Enough with this spammy threads.

Do your journey at home in peace
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Enough with this spammy threads.

Do your journey at home in peace

I knew you are angry but i do not have your solution. You can still join the next cohort if you are so bitter.
Ignore the thread, you were not under duress to make a comment here.

Leave it for those who will find it valuable.
I am still waiting for your reasons why ALX is breeding half baked developers.
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2022
Sensivism:

I knew you are angry but i do not have your solution. You can still join the next cohort if you are so bitter.
Ignore the thread, you were not under duress to make a comment here.

Leave it for those who will find it valuable.
I am still waiting for your reasons why ALX is breeding half baked developers.

Stop quoting me.

Ignore my post, you'll retain a lot of your sanity by ignoring me
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 9:55am On Sep 13, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Stop quoting me.

Ignore my post, you'll retain a lot of your sanity by ignoring me

You should ignore me first. You commented on my thread. Keep your sanity and go elsewhere.

Oh and yes, this is my last response to you.
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 13, 2022
Sensivism:

You should ignore me first. You commented on my thread. Keep your sanity and go elsewhere.

Oh and yes, this is my last response to you.
Mtcheew
Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
So they just sent out a welcome mail to everyone. Fingers crossed!

Re: ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! by Sensivism: 10:32am On Oct 04, 2022
Successfully moved beyond onboarding. Learning never ends!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Publish A Website In Visual Studio 2005 / Javame SDK, Netbeans IDE, SVG Tiny Problems / Who And Know Who Is The Youngest Programmer Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.