Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Nlng Train Seven Project Workers On Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nlng Train Seven Project Workers On Strike (346 Views)

NLNG Train 7: Another Milestone In The History Of Nigeria’s Oil And Gas Industry / Saipem, Daewoo, Chiyoda Win $10bn NLNG Train 7 Project / $4.3bn NLNG Train 7 Yet To Take Off, 8 Months Gone Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nlng Train Seven Project Workers On Strike by OnGodnow: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2022
Good day Nairalanders, I want the Mod to please move this to front page so that people will know how workers are underpaid and maltreated here.

Nigeria Liquidfied Natural Gas Train 7 PROJECT is the second biggest project going on in Nigeria presently after Dangotee Refinery. This project is what over Ten Billion Dollars, but workers are suffering here. The project officially kicked off early this year and since then it's been one battle of workers welfare to another.

I am a worker here and we have been on strike for 9 days now because of poor welfare of workers. Each workers salary was estimated 900k monthly but what we are being paid is 171k monthly. The previous union NISEWO was compromised and they negotiated poorly for workers. Now workers are calling for renegotiation through a New Union Body 'National Association of Plant Operators' NAPO, while asking the previous one to step down but for over a week now NLNG have not responded to workers demand.

We can't continue like this with just few corrupt individuals benefiting to the detriment of workers. The job is tasking, things in Bonny Highland have gone up extremely because of this Train 7 project yet workers are still under paid. We are supposed to be given accomodation but company ask us to rent an apartment till camp is ready without giving us accomodation allowance, feeding is supposed to be three times daily but we are only give one square meal per day. The oppression is too much. Please Mod help move to front page, though some news station have been on ground broadcasting what's going on, but please for a much wider view please help move to front page. God bless u. Attached below are some pictures I took this morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nlng Train Seven Project Workers On Strike by potonicomf(m): 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
I tried messaging you sir concerning your topic because I m about to start working there but I can't contact you not email you..
Please when you see this message try contacting me
Here is my contact and email address
itonycollins.tc@gmail.com or my number 09033100905...
Please I really need to ask some few questions concerning these

(1) (Reply)

See Why Obi Is Different From The Rest / Out-of-school Children Hit 19.7million As Education Sector Collapses Under PMB / None Of The Obi Rallies Has Been To Front Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.