Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM (10702 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Gtbank Customers In Diaspora That Cannot Register For Bvn - SOLUTION / Congrats To All Gtbank Customers As Gtbank Mobile Money Application Got Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by gee2(m): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2011
GTbank, d best, though it has its own flaws bt i stil prefer it others. gud work, kip it up GeeTee BANK.
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by kufreabasi(m): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2011
aguiyi:

Good omen for us GTBank customers. Very soon you will hear more innovations.

good question

this is not question.
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by Koolking(m): 11:43am On Aug 11, 2011
What happen if the cash stuffed into the ATM are counterfeit?
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by obiscolly(m): 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2011
Koolking:

they are not dat dulll now, it should have a counterfeit detection technology embedded.
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by tushutt(m): 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2011
ufumes:

This is an interesting development. Though i have some questions for them.
Which kind of algorithm/scanning would be able to detect the different denominations of the naira note.
How can the algorithm scanning be strong enough to beat counterfeiting?
How fast would be the scanning and validation process for each of the naira notes last, Surely fast process would increases chances of accepting counterfeit.

This questions be better addressed properly before doing this on a large scale.

ive been pondering over the same question but i think every naira note has a strip in it that can b e used to verify the authencity also each naira note has a unique number which should all be registered at a central location (cbn) the no might be used to get denomination and also verify authencity. Dats what i think oh undecided

how about torn naira notes
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2011
Can one deposit cheques through the ATMs too?
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by basadenet: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2011
First Bank is the bank that started first. it is a welcome development although its been around since 80s in Europe and America. Nigeria is getting better day by day and it could be much more better later. i just hope naija factor/wonder will not sets in sooner than we anticipated.
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by KayDee4: 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2011
Koolking:

If the machine can detect what denomination of note you put in then it can detect counterfeit notes too.
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by Sike(m): 6:52am On Aug 12, 2011
9ice!
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by Emmaseremo(m): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2011
Ha ha ha . I bet you nwa otu 'll never be part of this. Guys abeg run it's not yet time for nigeria to embrace such hi-tech wit out proper securit back up. Up till now i have not recovered my 1k5 i lost tru atm e recharge.
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by mbanusick(m): 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2011
this is no good idea,
some people are about to loose their jobs,
some people are about to loose their money,
some people are about to become very rich,
grin grin grin
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by simpledude: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2011
Femboss:

First Bank and Zenith have been operating deposit taking ATMs for a while,

Not a big deal, Why are you people shouting?? I guess, it must be GT effect!! I have noticed that any normal product/service that GT Bank release, it is met with so much fanfare. Some of their branches have the longest ATM queue, yet people still patronise them. Mind-boggling.

It is true GTBank was not the first Bank to launch the deposit ATM in Nigeria. However , it is only GTBank in its usual manner that has taken this innovation to the next level.

I am aware that SKYE Bank and First Bank have both launched this solution over the last 2 years , and I have been excited enough to have tried both solutions , but was disappointed on each occassion. When a friend mentioned the presence of a deposit ATM at GTBank branch at Adeola Odeku , I refused to give up based on my previous experiences and went to try the ATM. So , I am in a position to compare the offerings of all 3 Banks.

It was only at GTBank that I was able to pay into another person's account. The person's name even came up on the screen for me to confirm before I concluded the transaction. At First Bank and SKYE , only account holders can pay into their own accounts by themselves.

Above all was the fact I did not use an ATM card to make the payment. The whole transaction was cardless. The experience was heartwarming , soul-lifting , that a good thing can still come out of Nigeria. I think this Bank would go places , and we should give kudos to them, rather than down-playing their achievement.
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by Handsomebrown: 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
Hmmmmmmm bcarefull of wat u study in the university nw because verry soon bank and it manager will be working alone.
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by amanatulah(f): 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
Tonyfrom:
I trust 9ijirians they will go and try pay in fake currency into the machine,
but come to think of it Lets imagine it that you just payed in money into the machine and you have not typed in your name and account number and suddenly it went off network? Pls can anyone help me answer that question grin angry grin grin grin grin grin

Back to sender. .i reject it. . You are negative.choi
Re: GTBank Customers Can Now Make Deposit Through ATM by Opeoluwaadewole: 1:53am On Feb 01, 2015
you have to type ur account numb nd phone numb first b/4 you proceed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sea & Air Cargo Shipping Service Nigeria Import Or Export? Yes We Can Help / Lake Rice: Lagos Signs Pact With Distributors / Binary Option Trading Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.