Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? (493 Views)

Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? / Buhari Reacts To Niger Delta Avengers’ Threat To Shutdown Oil Production / Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by Jonifi(m): 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
Malaysia exports $13.31 billion worth of palm oil in eight months -- News Report

Me:

One of the areas I give importance to is raising awareness among Nigerians on the necessity of developing the comatose and archaic Agricultural sector.

From the above report Malaysia exports $13.31 billion worth of palm oil in eight months. This is close to what Nigeria earns from Crude Oil sales in the same period.

It is important to note that Palm Oil originates from West Africa where it grows in the wild and later was developed into an Agricultural crop. Sadly, today Indonesia is the world largest producer of Palm Oil closely followed by Malaysia.

Indonesia and Malaysia are by far the largest palm oil producing nations. Together they account for 85-90 percent of the total production of this vegetable oil. Other important producing countries are Colombia, Nigeria and Thailand.

Correction:

There is this fraudulent rumor that the late Premier of the Northern region, Sardauna of Sokoto, took Palm Oil seedlings to Malaysia. This is not true. Palm Oil was introduced to Malaysia, then Malaya, by the British in early 1870's as an ornamental plant.

Conclusion:

Nigeria and by extension West Africa should wakeup and double Palm Oil production in the region. While other nations of the world are making progress and advancing, we are moving backwards with underdevelopment. Unfortunately, this is our sad reality...

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by budaatum: 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2022
We can't even drill enough crude oil to meet our OPEC quota!

The answer is that we lack knowledge, and competence, and foresight, and are incapable of planning and executing.

Thankfully, they are problems we can easily solve if we accept we lack knowledge and than endeavour to acquire some.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Nigerias-Oil-Exports-Plunge-To-Record-Low.html

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by Botking: 7:13pm On Sep 12, 2022
Where are the investors
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by onatisi(m): 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2022
this is a very good question and i think this actually affects our agricultural sector as a whole. basically, noone wants to spend huge resources and time on the agric when they can actually import that agricultural produce at even a far lesser cost. that is how bad thing has gotten to in our agric sector.
secondly, the insecurity in the nation has discouraged many people from farming. thirdly is a lack of political will on the part of the successive government in tackling the problems facing our agric sector.

we have no business relying solely on crude oil for fx , when we have all the land, and human resources to put in place a very good and robust agric sector.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by slimfit1(m): 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ask Igbo people now that's their industry.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
Because actual work and planning are involved!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by Edopesin: 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
budaatum:

The answer is that we lack knowledge, and competence, and foresight, and are incapable of planning and executing.

Thankfully, they are problems we can easily solve if we accept we lack knowledge and than endeavour to acquire some.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Nigerias-Oil-Exports-Plunge-To-Record-Low.html

Chai cheesy cheesy
You were so intelligent you failed the exam
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by Sonyboom765: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2022
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is stopping Igbos from producing it.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by JewsAreSatanic: 12:09am On Sep 13, 2022
budaatum:

Blame the likes of Larry Fink of Blackrock investments.

This behemoth that came to being after Obama signed a pact with the US federal reserves (a Rothschild owned private bank) to print money and lend to the likes of Blackrock, Vanguard group and Main Street who will later invest such funds buying bankrupted companies, banks as part of Obama's disastrous bailout package during the 2008 recession.

Blackrock , Main Street and Vanguard are all owned by the Rothschild banking dynasty and these firms now own virtually evey asset, company on the planet outside Russia, N.Korea , Syria and Iran.

These institutional investment firms are totally committed to the Great Reset agenda and so are now refusing to invest funds in oil exploration and drilling towards rolling out an energy crisis to bankrupt govts the world over to make them submit to a currency overhaul in place of an IMF/World Bank Central Bank issued digital currency.

Nigeria's oil production shortfall stems from a lack of investment into the sector .
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by budaatum: 2:44am On Sep 13, 2022
JewsAreSatanic:

Blame the likes of Larry Fink of Blackrock investments.

Nigeria's oil production shortfall stems from a lack of investment into the sector .

No sir, I will not "blame the likes of Larry Fink of Blackrock investments". I am insufficiently irresponsible to blame others for my own incapabilities because that would be like expecting "the likes of Larry Fink of Blackrock investments" to go up to the heavens and bring down manna for me from God instead of me getting off my lazy starving of oil ass to go to heaven and get the manna from God for my very self.

Please change the "you" in the quote below to "me", as in "Nobody owes me", and you might get better what I mean. If I stupidly expect "the likes of Larry Fink of Blackrock investments" to bring me manna from heaven, I should expect "the likes of Larry Fink of Blackrock investment" to keep most of the manna for themselves and leave me to wash the plates after "the likes of Larry Fink of Blackrock investment" has eaten the manna on the plate.

It is Nigerian oil, so Nigerian we should invest in our own oil production instead of expecting "the likes of Larry Fink of Blackrock investments" to invest in our oil production for us. And until we realise that fact, expect us to continue to starve of oil and everything else we refuse to invest in for our own benefit.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by Quintopia: 3:46am On Sep 13, 2022
Jonifi:
Malaysia exports $13.31 billion worth of palm oil in eight months -- News Report

Me:

One of the areas I give importance to is raising awareness among Nigerians on the necessity of developing the comatose and archaic Agricultural sector.

From the above report Malaysia exports $13.31 billion worth of palm oil in eight months. This is close to what Nigeria earns from Crude Oil sales in the same period.

It is important to note that Palm Oil originates from West Africa where it grows in the wild and later was developed into an Agricultural crop. Sadly, today Indonesia is the world largest producer of Palm Oil closely followed by Malaysia.

Indonesia and Malaysia are by far the largest palm oil producing nations. Together they account for 85-90 percent of the total production of this vegetable oil. Other important producing countries are Colombia, Nigeria and Thailand.

Correction:

There is this fraudulent rumor that the late Premier of the Northern region, Sardauna of Sokoto, took Palm Oil seedlings to Malaysia. This is not true. Palm Oil was introduced to Malaysia, then Malaya, by the British in early 1870's as an ornamental plant.

Conclusion:

Nigeria and by extension West Africa should wakeup and double Palm Oil production in the region. While other nations of the world are making progress and advancing, we are moving backwards with underdevelopment. Unfortunately, this is our sad reality...

#ElbinawiTweets

Firstly, shut up and stop saying ''we are moving backwards with underdevelopment''. That is your inferiority complex talking and is not based on facts or reality. Your grandparents or great grandparents were illiterate village peasants who walked around barefoot and half-starved under colonial subjugation.

Compare that to your life today, and you must be an absolute moro.n to say you have ''moved backwards''.
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by Tochi3(m): 3:51am On Sep 13, 2022
Cos "our Oyel" for one nijeria foooool ground

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by mrvitalis(m): 4:40am On Sep 13, 2022
Jonifi:

Me:

Correction:

Conclusion:

#ElbinawiTweets
If we export palm oil how would federal government earn from it ? Tell me

We are a population of 120 million people exporting raw material would only make use poorer
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by orisa37: 5:52am On Sep 13, 2022
Return full AUTONOMY OF POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL STATUS TO EDO STATE, PALM OIL WILL BE EXPORTED "YAMFUYAMFU".

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by Tenses: 6:07am On Sep 13, 2022
Quintopia:

Firstly, shut up and stop saying ''we are moving backwards with underdevelopment''. That is your inferiority complex talking and is not based on facts or reality. Your grandparents or great grandparents were illiterate village peasants who walked around barefoot and half-starved under colonial subjugation.

Compare that to your life today, and you must be an absolute moro.n to say you have ''moved backwards''.

What is our agricultural products export before the discovery of oil. If you know this figures you'd see that the op is right and you'll rightly "shut up".
Re: Why Can't Nigeria Increase Palm Oil Production For Exports? by porka: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2022
There's no other reason than political considerations. They prefer a political crop like rice because it is the staple of Nigerian masses. You know, wasting money on rice would earned them praises from the press than cocoa, coffee, oil palm and others.

Consider how much they have wasted on rice while chasing shadows. All the cash crops that earned Nigeria solid foreign exchange were abandoned because they wanted to stupidly compete with Thailand, India and America in rice production.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2023: Northern Elders Flay Alleged Inciting Statement Against Peter Obi By Katsi / Peter Obi: ‘you’re The Saboteur’ – Aisha Yesufu Blasts Ihedioha / APC Lied About Tinubu Exercising That's An Old Video... (proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.