Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney (245 Views)

Sonia, Ekweremadu's Daughter Loses Bid To Be Excused From Trial / Nigerian Lady Finally Offers Her Kidney To Ekweremadu's Daughter / Ekweremadu’s Daughter Needed A Kidney, He Brought In A 15-year-old Boy Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by ijustdey: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2022
Sonia, the daughter of Ike Ekweremadu, Nigeria’s former Deputy Senate President, has made a public appeal for kidney donation....

By Seun Adeuyi

Sonia, the daughter of Ike Ekweremadu, Nigeria’s former Deputy Senate President, has made a public appeal for kidney donation.

The lawmaker’s daughter made the appeal amid the ordeal of her parents who landed in trouble in the quest to save her.

He and his wife were arrested in June when they tried to get a kidney donor for Sonia, who is in mid 20s.

Prosecutors had arraigned the couple in court over alleged trafficking and attempt to harvest the organs of an underage.

Beatrice, the lawmaker’s wife, was later granted bail while he is currently in custody pending October when his case would be heard.

In an Instagram post on Monday, Sonia, who is based in the UK, asked members of the public to assist her.

“I, Sonia Ekweremadu, hereby appeal to the general public to come to my aid and save my life. I am 25 years old and a graduate of Media and Communications, University of Coventry. I dropped out of my post-graduate studies at the University of Newcastle in 2019 when I was diagnosed with a rare kidney disease, FSGS.

“Nephrotic Syndrome. My family has battled to save my life and has taken me to various hospitals, but the illness persisted and kept degenerating. I am alive today by the special grace of God. I am presently in London, UK, receiving 5 Hours of dialysis 3-4 times a week. This is at the expense of my family as I am not qualified for NHS due to my immigration status.

“The last 3 years have been extremely challenging. The charges being faced by my parents in London presently, are directly connected to my illness and have complicated matter for me and my family.

“I do not intend to delve into details of this unfortunate development as the matter is still in Court. I am however optimistic that the truth will prevail and it will end in praise to God. In the circumstance above, I am appealing to anybody whom it may please to assist me willingly with a kidney donation in the name of God. This appeal would have been utterly unnecessary as every member of my family is eager to donate their kidney to me, knowing that I would do the same for any of them. Regrettably, comprehensive medical examination showed that my case of nephrotic syndrome is a genetic illness and the doctors advised against donation from any of my family members, as it would likely reoccur.

“Anybody that is moved by this appeal and wishes to donate his or her kidney to me may send an email to helpsonialive@gmail.com and include his or her name, phone number, email address and place of residence.

“Please, note that under the laws of England and Wales, organ donation must be purely driven by compassion and therefore no reward is involved. Finally, I have decided to commit and dedicate myself to helping people with the challenges of kidney disease, upon my full recovery. Thank you and God bless you.”

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-ekweremadus-daughter-begs-public-for-kidney

Nlfpmod
Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by HopeSpencer: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hmmmmmmm.

Let me shun tribalism for once and pray that God should touch somebody's heart to help this innocent lady.

But to ensure that donated kidney won't fail again, she should go spiritual. She might be suffering from sins she knows nothing about same way past deeds of Awo and Zik drew some tribes against each other.

Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by OriOko88(m): 7:25pm On Sep 12, 2022
grin
Make that Uju Anya donate her own nw. Afterall the Ekweremadus are also ndigbo like her. She should take her ibo activisim seriously . I heard she's now the new KANU in town. A lesbo biafra agitator grin
Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by Aufbauh(m): 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2022
It is an extremely traumatic situation that you wouldn't wish for your enemy.

1 Like

Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by Lanretoye(m): 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2022
The rich also cry...she can't even leave her mail,they opened a mail for their purpose so they can disconnect the person after they get what they want.anyway who get mind make e dash them one,problem no be anybody mate.
Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by Sixfiguresmart(m): 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2022
She has relatives. Let her look for those who she has been sharing our money with or die so that we can move on. We are tired of these already. They have ripped the lives of millions of Nigerians apart by robbing the lives of poor Nigerians. Now, they seek kidney from those whose lives her family has ruined

Surah 2:230 So if a husband divorces his wife ˹three times˺, then it is not lawful for him to remarry her until after she has married another man and then is divorced. Then it is permissible for them to reunite, as long as they feel they are able to maintain the limits of Allah. These are the limits set by Allah, which He makes clear for people of knowledge.
Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by Trust22(m): 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2022
Chai... God will provide a donor for you... Never loose hope
Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by jkpbestseries: 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2022
I like alcohol if not i for donate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by SlavaUkraini: 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
Where is that her boyfriend that has been calling her "Love of my Life"

The guyman told her that "I would die for you"

But can no longer be found when it is time to prove his Love... cheesy
Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by Okoroawusa: 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ohhhh! This is so heartbreaking. My heart goes out to this young girl. Don't worry my dear. You and your family will come out of this stronger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by Okoroawusa: 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
She has relatives. Let her look for those who she has been sharing our money with or die so that we can move on. We are tired of these already. They have ripped the lives of millions of Nigerians apart by robbing the lives of poor Nigerians. Now, they seek kidney from those whose lives her family has ruined

Surah 2:230 So if a husband divorces his wife ˹three times˺, then it is not lawful for him to remarry her until after she has married another man and then is divorced. Then it is permissible for them to reunite, as long as they feel they are able to maintain the limits of Allah. These are the limits set by Allah, which He makes clear for people of knowledge.

I am ashamed of you. Even me as an Atheist can't be this cruel. You even have the gut to quote scriptures?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by Sixfiguresmart(m): 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2022
let me make it simple for you, book a one way ticket to the crescent moon and fly to the universe and never ever return. I do not want to ever see your filthy face again.

Which atheist? so you think identifying as an atheist absolves you of any guilt? You are as guilty as they are. a hypocrite. atheist my buttholle. who made you atheist? who gave you that dirty crown and pumped you ego to feeling entitled?

get lost who cares about you? Take your shame to your parents

Okoroawusa:

I am ashamed of you. Even me as an Atheist can't be this cruel. You even have the gut to quote scriptures?
Re: Amid Parents’ Ordeal, Ekweremadu’s Daughter Begs Public For Kidney by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
Okoroawusa:

He said the truth!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Live at The Court / Y youths carry Peter Obi mata for head like this / Minimum Wage: Nigerian Govt To Adjust Workers’ Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.